5 out of 6 NEW forwards!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
This is massive!
Been a long time since such a changeover.....
5 out of the starting pack are NEW players.
Jake is the only old face...young face.
Also 2 on the bench are players....thats 7 NEW forwards in game 1
Super excited to see the early exchanges in the middle.
Plenty bagging early on Green but if Barrett has given him a shot, pretty convinced the boy will do well here.
Not expected to be the sledge hammer, more that edge runner who may be that bit more effective in breaking a tackle than Tom Symonds.
Parcell off the bench....well Api will probably handle the early exchanges against a robust pack better & no doubt as they tire - this flash will create headaches for those big slobby forwards.
Damn - counting down now, but has there ever been that many new faces to an NRL forward pack besides a brand new team - can't recall anything close??

TRed replaced by Brown and Green :giggle:
Green really impressed me in the 8's, hope he keeps it up.

I'm really interested in how Baz and Co will have their new structures as well.

3 more sleeps to go :clap:

Good signs when BJ and TRED can't make the side, with Ferris still to come back.

I hope he plays well and has a blinder. But Green is a big call by Barrett early. It's almost like Barrett is planning for round 26 not round 1.

I am fine with Barrett backing his judgement on where players will improve and what is there best position and letting them develop.

It says one of two things. The new coach is either very confident this team can do very well Friday night and get a win.

Or he really feels safe as the head coach, he is willing to weather a storm, if we get of to a bad start and just focus on big picture. Being there at the end.

Playing a centre at five eight and a winger in the back row. If we play like crap Greens selection just places a little more pressure on Baz.

Broncos were very ordinary Rd 1 2015. No wholesale changes.

Let's hope we are awesome and just get better.

In the Trials Green and Vave stood out and they deserve their chance. I think Leary will drop out of the 17 for the heavy weight and hard running Vave. Vave was our most dominant forward against the Sharks trial match.

Seibold is determined to fix up our defense out wide and has convinced Barrett to play four centres and two wingers.
Our halves will defend in the middle with the forwards.

No one will be running around us out wide this year.

Think you will find Api and Parcell on together to clock up the 60 tackles Matty B used to make

Green may be our new Rodney I think. Not surprised re Symonds, BJ and Starlo. Let's see how they respond! All this new stuff is great-up to the players picked to respond. All I want to see is competition for spots-you play bad, your in 2nds Boom! None of this Des/2V same side every week stuff

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4