5 players to shine in 2015

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
I am so sick of this disgusting contract drama with DCE (Drama Child Exemplified) that I have decided to start a positive threat that focuses on other players who deserve our support.

Here are five players who can go up several gears in 2015:

1. Dumanis Lui: Looks bigger and stronger this year. Great at back-end of 2014 and more game time will help.

2. Starling: Unfairly criticized in some quarters last year. Had a decent rookie year in first grade, in an undermanned pack. Will benefit greatly from more experienced props around him.

3. Wolfman. Never write off champions. Will be incredibly motivated, and Tafua's injury opens a door.

4. Luke Burgess: No shame being behind other Burgess boys. Watch for breakout year in 2015.

5. Horo. Plenty of detractors on this site. But he has size and speed, and looks hungrier this year. Horo in form was a huge asset, on and off the ball, for Manly in 2014. Will push for starting spot.

I think you might mean 2013 for Horo's exemplary form. I thought his 2014 was poor.

I am so sick of this disgusting contract drama with DCE (Drama Child Exemplified) that I have decided to start a positive threat that focuses on other players who deserve our support.

Here are five players who can go up several gears in 2015:

1. Dumanis Lui: Looks bigger and stronger this year. Great at back-end of 2014 and more game time will help.

2. Starling: Unfairly criticized in some quarters last year. Had a decent rookie year in first grade, in an undermanned pack. Will benefit greatly from more experienced props around him.

3. Wolfman. Never write off champions. Will be incredibly motivated, and Tafua's injury opens a door.

4. Luke Burgess: No shame being behind other Burgess boys. Watch for breakout year in 2015.

5. Horo. Plenty of detractors on this site. But he has size and speed, and looks hungrier this year. Horo in form was a huge asset, on and off the ball, for Manly in 2014. Will push for starting spot.
agree with lui. I think we've already seen the best of the wolf unfortunately. Burgess I'm not sure how much improvement is there. Horo, not sure if it's an attitude thing? Starling for mine is young but could improve. Didn't seem the most skilful or quick, more of a toiler.

My 5 that I'm intrigued to see develop are:
Lui: great potential and was one of our better forwards last year.
Vave: Massive guy and has unrealised potential, could really hurt opponents.
Jake T: Want to see him have a big year fingers crossed no injuries.
Tyson Andrews/ Leary: could play a role down the stretch
JSL: I love the enthusiasm and energy he plays with, always seems to love pulling on the jersey and getting stuck in.

Honourable mention Tom T (don't think he'll get much chance till next year), Gutho I think will go well and improve for the run last year.

Overall I'm really excited about our squad!!

We have experience , youth and the great 2V to mix things up . The only way is up for us in 2015

Well if you are talking an uptick in form from 2014 then the one for whom an increase in performance would be of the most benefit to the teams overall performance:

it's gotta be Feleti.

If he can fire, it will lift our second phase play and guys like Snake and Foz who lurk around looking for offloads will have huge years. I've said before, he's probably got THE best offload - soft, catchable and not just flung back losing ten metres (paging Anthony Watmough!)

Near the line and our other forwards can take it and crash over. Middle of the park and our backs can fly off. Happy days...

1. Sene Lefao - Ready to take the next step, i think he has great potential

2. Starling - Props take time to mature and there is improvement in Starling

3. J Trjbovic - Could be anything

4. Gutherson - 15 games, 8+ tries

5. Lui - As others said, really started looking good late last year

Last edited:
Lui is the big mover
I said for years to a couple of mates he was wasted at the broncs was really good in his debut because origin was on and he got min. But then he was always fringe and would maybe get 20min a game. Never enough time. Seems to get better the longer he plays

1. Jake T - if Toovey gives him a shot, which I really hope he does
2. JSL - will get more minutes this year which will only benefit his game and development
3. Gutherson - will get more opportunities this year and may well start the year. A chance to bust out of the blocks early
4. Burgess - not in the shadow of his brothers at Manly, and if given game time could give us some real mongrel in the pack which we have lacked
5. Mateo - now or never for him; hopefully it's the former

i really think this year Hiku will really step up and be one of the, if not our best player this year.. he has bulked up and looks prime..i feel he is wasted on the wing but thats the only space for him..for now

i really think this year Hiku will really step up and be one of the, if not our best player this year.. he has bulked up and looks prime..i feel he is wasted on the wing but thats the only space for him..for now
I hope so, but he needs to really work on his defence.

Really looking forward to how much Lui and JSL will improve this year as i think they will get a lot more game time , and Starling to continue to improve as he might be another season away to become our leader of the pack

Lui and JSL another year in first grade - these 2 will significantly improve.
Blake Leary - really like the look of this guy, I think he could be the pick-up of the year for Manly
Mateo - how we have missed an offloader last season with Gifty's injury
Brayden Williame as a smoky - really liked the look of him in the trial against the Sharks and think he has something to offer - the latest in a long line of Parra rejects to make good at Manly?

Think, JSL, LUI, Mateo, Snake and Matai. Think Matai will have a blinder with his future sorted.

1) Killer
More than ever we need his cool and calm this year. It's not only about what Killer does on the field (which is extraordinary) but the manner in which he holds himself which seems to ooze confidence to the team
2) Snake
I think with the Gifty saga over he might start to see clearly and see he only has another year or 2 left before it's quittin time. And he has the opportunity to go down as a 3/4 time premiership winner. If he's firing, he are there at the back end of September
3) JSL
Will be our forward leader this year. Will take on the role of the enforcer. And do his kamikaze runs
4) Gutherson
Big year for Gutho. Think he will see a lot of first grade and will stake a claim that will make it almost impossible for Tooves to leave out.
5) Mateo
He'll wind back the clock and prove all the naysayers wrong.

Interesting very few have mentioned our halves, I'm just wondering if we are all concerned their headspace is wrong.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6