5 Points

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dikefalos

Im still seething after last nights game in the 30 years of watching rugby league I dont think I have seen a more biased game of refereeing. Theses are the 5 points which gets my blood boiling after last nights game & which effectively changed the course of last nights game.

1. 10-5 penalty count
2. Lima leg twist
3. The strip on Buhrer & no penalty in the first half when we were on the attack close to the Souths line.
4. The Matai no try
5. The Inglis dive.

It just seemed the officials were watching everything Manly were doing & turning a blind eye to everything Souths did

And two penalties we received were in the last 8 minutes of the game as the refs tried to even up the count

I don't kow if it was just me, but there seemed to be 2 or 3 second efforts in tackles to get us into touch or into our own in goal. Normally these would bring a penalty, but for some reason the cardinal and myrtle glasses the refs were wearing seemed to slow the time space continuum and they imagined momentum that wasn't there.

I haven't been that fired up watching a game for a long time due to poor refereeing. Everytime Shayne Hayne's face appeared on screen I wanted to throw something at him. Very frustrating game last night, as I thought we competed on all levels but just didn't get the even chance with the 50/50 calls. How many of the Souths penalties were down their own end to give them a leg up into attack ??

Chip and Chase said:
I don't kow if it was just me, but there seemed to be 2 or 3 second efforts in tackles to get us into touch or into our own in goal. Normally these would bring a penalty, but for some reason the cardinal and myrtle glasses the refs were wearing seemed to slow the time space continuum and they imagined momentum that wasn't there.

I haven't been that fired up watching a game for a long time due to poor refereeing. Everytime Shayne Hayne's face appeared on screen I wanted to throw something at him. Very frustrating game last night, as I thought we competed on all levels but just didn't get the even chance with the 50/50 calls. How many of the Souths penalties were down their own end to give them a leg up into attack

I forgot about that I remember clearly the player was tackled momentum had stopped but a second effort was allowed every single time a player was put into touch disgraceful.

Last edited by a moderator:
that right a couple of times our players were pulled over the touch line with a second effort after momentum in the tackle was completed it was as if the officials before the game got together and agreed to let souths get away with anything

Dikefalos said:
that right a couple of times our players were pulled over the touch line with a second effort after momentum in the tackle was completed it was as if the officials before the game got together and agreed to let souths get away with anything

Therefore is the question that needs to be posed is. Has the NRL predetermined who will win NRL matches?

AS I posted earlier I think I'll start watching the WWE at least that is a fair sport.

OK NRL prove the above statement wrong and I hope you can.

souths outstanding recruitment

im still not over how the refs helped souths last night.. ( hence pink officials recruitment )

it seemed when ever they were in a tight spot they got a penalty...

even though our discipline isnt at its best a 9-3 penalty count after 71mins for a top of a table clash is beyond me ...

please correct me if im wrong with the pink men last night

- buhrer raked ball 1st half while we were attacking
- inglis staying down for a tap on the shoulder
- NO TRY MATAI
- matai pushed over sideline while stopped
- stewart 50/50 call pushed back into goal line
- foran hands on ball penalty 1st half ( 2 seconds i have seen worst not given )

i dont like the word robbed , it seems like an excuse but as a supporter all i see is my team get dubbed time over time..so i have the right to say my team has been robbed this year at least 6 points.

on the game we were the better team , leading 10 - 6 at halftime with the penalty count against us 6-2 is a feat itself.then the penalty count kept on rolling against us in the 2nd half , considering that extra defense and that lack of possession in the 2nd half something had to give.

i dont understand the supporters down grading our team , yes we havnt beaten a top 4 team but the circumstances were alot different

injuries , suspensions and mostly our attack was no where at its best , now we are clicking but havnt actually clicked and we have 3 weeks before the semis which is a positive thing that we still have attacking improvement to be made...

for all those negative supporters , if you dont appreciate what this club,team and payers have provided for us over the last 15 and more years , and winning premierships maybe you should try following other teams like parramatta maybe you will get more joy !!!!

Im hoping & wanting Manly to win this year , but im happy with watching my team every week do what they do.

against media , pink officials & even the NRL we still find ourselves been the team every other team wants to be ....

Dikefalos said:
Im still seething after last nights game in the 30 years of watching rugby league I dont think I have seen a more biased game of refereeing. Theses are the 5 points which gets my blood boiling after last nights game & which effectively changed the course of last nights game.

1. 10-5 penalty count
2. Lima leg twist
3. The strip on Buhrer & no penalty in the first half when we were on the attack close to the Souths line.
4. The Matai no try
5. The Inglis dive.

It just seemed the officials were watching everything Manly were doing & turning a blind eye to everything Souths did
I listened to the game on 2GB
(Andrew Moore, Joel Caine & Riddell)
they all saw & commented in Manly's favour on all the above 5 points.

Dikefalos said:

1. 10-5 penalty count
2. Lima leg twist
4. The Matai no try
5. The Inglis dive.

I think we're all seething after last night and you've pretty much summed it up why!

The thing that pissed me off the most was the leg ups they got coming out of their own end every second set, absolute joke.

The Lima leg pull was penalised and put on report. I don't what else the match officials could have done, or how they are to blame for this. The other points I agree with,

bones said:
The Lima leg pull was penalised and put on report. I don't what else the match officials could have done, or how they are to blame for this. The other points I agree with,

The Lima leg twist was only picked up after he stayed down and Choc had a whinge. The video ref picked it up.
The Buhrer strip was rather hard to take as most of the penalties we got pinged for in the first half were for hands on the ball and I've seen plenty of instances this year where video ref tips the on field refs prior to packing the scrum. This is a real bugbear of mine, they decide to overrule on some things but not others.
Another telling incident last night was a knock on call from Richie at marker, the commentators made a quick comment about him maybe hitting the arm of the dummy half but we never got another look at it.

bones said:

If Lima doesn't miss at least 2 weeks than that says dirty play is OK. He grabbed the ankle and did a blatant crocodile role. No momentum, nothing. Everyone knew AW had a knee problem.

Once a purple prick, always a prick.

weev said:
bones said:

If Lima doesn't miss at least 2 weeks than that says dirty play is OK. He grabbed the ankle and did a blatant crocodile role. No momentum, nothing. Everyone knew AW had a knee problem.

What is the role of a crocodile?

bones said:
weev said:
bones said:

I know I shouldn't have but I smiled.

bones said:
weev said:
bones said:

Shedding tears....rocking out, not returning smiles....catching up with people (not right away though)...

The usual stuff.

TWO DOGS said:
bones said:
weev said:
bones said:

I know I shouldn't have but I smiled.

Oh snap!

bones said:

Sin Bin him.

If we should send someone to the bin for a professional foul (ala Cronk yesterday) and we should automatically send someone to the bin for throwing punches, then I see it as entirely feasible the ref to adjudicate an incident as foul play designed to injure a player and bin the offender.

Jatz Crackers said:
bones said:

Sin Bin him.

If we should send someone to the bin for a professional foul (ala Cronk yesterday) and we should automatically send someone to the bin for throwing punches, then I see it as entirely feasible the ref to adjudicate an incident as foul play designed to injure a player and bin the offender.

I agree. But that would mean a rule change. The referees did nothing wrong, they awarded a penalty and put him on report which is all they could do with the way the rules currently are.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2