5 Things That Could Threaten Our Season.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
1. The biggest threat is a June or July announcement that a star/or stars players have signed with other clubs. The new commission should stamp this out.

2. Injuries/suspensions to key players.

3. A slow start and the media putting heat on Tooves. We need to hit the ground running winning our first 2 or 3 matches.

4. The rep season could take a massive toll this season.

5. The board leaking rubbish to the media. That old chestnut.

edit to point 2. Added the word /suspensions.

6. Midgets - Rob Burrow cut us to pieces in the WCC. Think that he and all of oompah loompah kind (ie Chris Sandow)have it in for us

Im really not worried at all this season. Pretty much the same roster and 2v taking over as coach, shouldn't see too much difference than last year.

Even if we do have a slow start to the season i am sure we will bounce back, after all the premiership isn't won in the first 6 rounds.

Lussick is the most likely to leave the club if you believe the reports, but at the end of the day he is only going to leave if someone throws huge money at him. He is not proven to have Manly throw huge money at him when we have the like of DCE, Foz and Brett off contract.

He plays with commitment and intent for Manly because he is a supporter of the club, whether he can continue that elsewhere is yet to be seen.

Even if we have a poor season., the lowest will will finish IMO is 6th.

1. Toovey trying to get our games schedule changed. Sends a massive weak signal to the opposition.
2. Lack of grunt in the front row.
3. Any players banging on about past issues.
4. Lack of discipline on the field.
5. Taking the storm game to Perth.

eagles2win said:
6. Midgets - Rob Burrow cut us to pieces in the WCC. Think that he and all of oompah loompah kind (ie Chris Sandow)have it in for us

2V may have to break the oompah loompah code and divulge all their sneaky little secrets to our guys. :p

bazeagle said:
1. Toovey trying to get our games schedule changed. Sends a massive weak signal to the opposition.
2. Lack of grunt in the front row.
3. Any players banging on about past issues.
4. Lack of discipline on the field.
5. Taking the storm game to Perth.

Agree with points one and two Baz, some of the comments Toovey has made to the media in relation to scheduling and also content with the same old same old (playing style and training arrangements) don't inspire much confidence. In fairness you don't expect Toovey to admit he is making tweaks to the style of play either.

In 2009 everyone was harping on about the slow start to the season due to the Brett Stewart affair and while this was one factor it was over-stated. The new interpretation of the ruck and promoting quicker play the ball speeds killed us big time we could not keep up---things have slowed down since 2009 to a more acceptable speed. Our fitness levels were tuned and training had less emphasis on size helped Manly defensively again and we were able to compete.

I fear our ageing forwards and still having size issues will be showed up again if the refs try to push for faster play the balls early in the season to stamp their authority.

LAZY ATTACKING OPTIONS..
Also our attack needs more tuning and straighter lines with more back row hole runners on our right side to either hold up inside defenders or draw in outside defenders. Last few games of the season and during the finals this improved and has to continue if not we will struggle to put on points.

Gee technical coach our lazy attacking options really let us down last year didn't they??? But you seem to know best, carry on.

lloydy said:
Gee technical coach our lazy attacking options really let us down last year didn't they??? But you seem to know best, carry on.

Like i stated last year winning a comp does not mean everything is perfect and i also stated our attack will defeat 90% of teams defences and had to improve if we played an in form Dragons. My analysis is based on playing the worst case scenario teams and making sure we are up to the task of defeating them---this does not mean it's not good enough to win the comp just planning ahead.

I also think we would have struggled against the Tigers who started to rush up more in defence in the back end of the season but just because you make the GF does not mean you will play your bogey teams.

To Dessies credit he did work on our right side attack more at the end of the season and the improved results showed.

I think its harsh to judge before a ball is kicked & in 5-6 weeks we will know a lot more.
The only thing that can stop us competing with the Tigers for the 2012 premiership apart from injuries, are the 2 wingers rolling up the sleeves because Hoppa & Robbo were deadset unsung hero's & often the difference. Wolf is quality & the fact he was dirty after the WCC is a great sign of his high self expectations. Oldy is a future star - maybe the game didn;t come his way often but he needs much more involvement - & he will.

1) Warren Ryan named as coach replacing Geoff Toovey. 2) Willie Mason big new signing. 3) David Gallop elected CEO. 4) Brookvale Oval moved to Belmore. 5) Whole team killed in plane crash.

The plus is that the 3 big names out will come back fresh and keen by mid season.

1) Playing the ball properly
2) Tackling effectively - no more smackdowns please
3) Ball security
4) Respecting the Referees decisions
5) just the BASICS of Rugby League is all that threatens Manly

I sat through the 78-10 NYC loss at Shark Park on Monday. The basic skillset was missing in the whole Team. :dodgy:

This is all fixable by 2V et al.
The Players need to KISS and we will go B2B.

bones said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Well no2 is happening

Make sure you flush and wash your hands when you're done.

amerika+2008+059.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4