5 things we learned

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. Forwards stand up. Mason & co we inspirational against the bigs Dogs forwards and didn't take a backwards step. Great stuff.
2. DCE is prone to shockers too. When he doesn't have anything outside him (and let's face it, he didn't), DCE is prone to errors and poor decisions.
3. Mate'o is not the long-term answer. Looking un-fit and slow, Mate'o is not going to be able to do this much longer. We really missed Foran's pace and aggression on Friday.
4. No country for old men. Lyon and Matai are 2 of my favourite all time players, but these first 3 rounds have shown that they no longer have the pace to match the quick/fast/powerful centres that play the position today, like Lafai, Walker & co. I'm concerned about how they will keep pace with their opposition over the next 2 years.
5. Surface was embarrassing. I realise that there were a few games played on the field over the last week (from what I understand), but the ground surface has turned us into a bit of a laughing stock. Pretty unprofessional.

Lyon went missing on Friday night. Wouldn't have even known he was out there. Matai can't shoulder the load he used to either. And don't start me on Gutherson. Rubbish last two weeks.

Last edited:
Hey this is a serious thread guys. Mateo was shocking for us. We really missed Foran. He sets up so many more tries. And bends the line. Plus he is never injured. Unlike Jamie Lyon and Steve matai. And Lyon was rubbish against the storm. Good work pointing this out crusher underscore cleal. Some people on this forum need to wake up to themselves. I think takarangi and Morgan would be a dream centre partnership next year if we can afford them.

Hey this is a serious thread guys. Mateo was shocking for us. We really missed Foran. He sets up so many more tries. And bends the line. Plus he is never injured. Unlike Jamie Lyon and Steve matai. And Lyon was rubbish against the storm. Good work pointing this out crusher underscore cleal. Some people on this forum need to wake up to themselves. I think takarangi and Morgan would be a dream centre partnership next year if we can afford them.
Look, Lyon is a top 3 Manly player over the past 15 years in my opinion, so I'm in no way having a go at him personally or trying to understate what he's done for us - trust me, I'm well aware. My point is that he's no longer the explosive player he once was, and I'm just concerned with how we will score points down his side of the field if he can no longer break the line with pace or power.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7