5 Things We learnt about Manly Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Daniel said:
Correction Jamie Lyon is the most complete footballer not just a centre. He would have to be one of the best players to play for manly let alone the entire game

thats a massive call. What about andrew johns he was a great defender as well.

Either way im glad hes our captain

mickqld said:
Daniel said:
Correction Jamie Lyon is the most complete footballer not just a centre. He would have to be one of the best players to play for manly let alone the entire game

He reminds me so much of Bob Fulton the skills he has. I honestly can't split them. He is truely a legend as a player and a person.

Totally different, imo. Fulton was a freak. He was electric, and could score tries at will. Jamie is more a team player, and while he is terrific Fulton is the best back we have ever produced. Fulton is not an Immortal for nothing.

Five things we learnt from last night's match
Michael Chammas
June 2, 2012

1. Jamie Lyon and Glenn Stewart are invaluable to Manly.
Lyon and Stewart must stay fit for the season if Manly are to be any chance of lifting the premiership trophy again this year. The Sea Eagles are at their most dangerous when they attack down their right edge. Stewart and Lyon combined to set up two tries.

2. The Dragons don't like playing away from home.

The Dragons have struggled in attack all year, but most of their problems have come away from home. Coming into last night's match at Brookvale Oval, the Dragons had just won one of six games away from home, averaging 9.5 points per game.

3. The stripping rule is a farce.
The referee's decision to rule a knock-on against Ben Creagh in the 18th minute was a tough call and cost the Dragons six points. Matt Ballin was caught with the ball by Creagh and dropped it because of the collision. But the referee ruled Creagh played at the ball and effectively stripped it out of Ballin's possession, giving Manly a set of six attacking the Dragons line, which led to a Michael Oldfield try.

4. Manly have the depth to go back-to-back.
Last night it was Michael Oldfield who grabbed a hat-trick to help Manly to victory, but the Sea Eagles' fringe first-graders have been brilliant for the reigning premiers all year. Daniel Harrison was strong in the back-row filling in for Tony Williams, while Oldfield starred in the absence of David Williams. Liam Foran has done a good job for Geoff Toovey in the past two months when his brother has been sidelined.

5. The Dragons don't need to take every two points on offer.
The Dragons cannot afford to give up try-scoring opportunities, considering how hard they are to come by this year. When Jamie Soward booted them to a 2-0 lead in the seventh minute, it halted the ascendancy they gained in the opening minutes and let Manly off the hook.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/five-things-we-learnt-from-last-nights-match-20120601-1znop.html#ixzz1wa4m61qF

Moondog said:
Jamie is the best league player in the world at the moment.

This. x11ty.

Whilst I respect his decision to NOT play SOO, I'd KILL to have him playing right centre for NSW!!

Cameron said:
Daniel said:

I didn't say he was the best, I said he was one of the best. Completely different position to Johns but I would certainly cast him in very close lines with Johns

Daniel said:
Cameron said:
Daniel said:

I didn't say he was the best, I said he was one of the best. Completely different position to Johns but I would certainly cast him in very close lines with Johns
The one area he has Joey covered by a big margin is temperament, he always comes across calm and collected even when talking to the refs and that must be hard at times.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4