550 Premiership rings!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hiya guys and gals,

Looking around some 'ice' hockey sites as one does over here I came across an article which states that last years Stanley Cup winnners produced 550 premiership rings!

Maybe Lussick should've played hockey!

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=610722

...The Bruins had 22 players have their name written on the Cup. They gave out 550 rings!!! Are you kidding me? The Zamboni driver got a ring!....

And Tampa bay in 2004.....

.....My daughter Sarah worked for the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2004 when they won the Stanley Cup. She has a ring! Tampa gave rings to 300 people. Doctors, secretaries, lawyers and, oh yes, players........

Personally I think that's a bit of an insult to the players/coaches but to each their own.

aveagoodday

I dnt think that's a bad thing at all. It's a whole organization working towards a common goal and each individual has played their part in some way. I dnt see it as an insult more as a way to celebrate together as a whole family/network

globaleagle said:
Hiya guys and gals,

Looking around some 'ice' hockey sites as one does over here I came across an article which states that last years Stanley Cup winnners produced 550 premiership rings!

Maybe Lussick should've played hockey!

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=610722

...The Bruins had 22 players have their name written on the Cup. They gave out 550 rings!!! Are you kidding me? The Zamboni driver got a ring!....

And Tampa bay in 2004.....

.....My daughter Sarah worked for the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2004 when they won the Stanley Cup. She has a ring! Tampa gave rings to 300 people. Doctors, secretaries, lawyers and, oh yes, players........

Personally I think that's a bit of an insult to the players/coaches but to each their own.

aveagoodday

That's really pushing it when they give a ring a ring to every man and his dog if they are going to do that why not give one to every fan (if it weren't for them there would be no club! who put in their blood, sweat and tears not to mention lots of $$$.....

I kind of agree with Brewski that other employees from admin right down to the bloke who cleans the toilets (that's not a dig at cleaners, they do a wonderful job) should be aloud to join in the celebrations, but not the same rings that the coaching staff and players receive.

There was uproar not to long ago when the Manly board got rings for themselves after our mighty GF win, imagine if they replicated the above scenario! But if memory serves me correctly I think they gave in to the public outcry and didn't go ahead with it, I could be wrong?

But the players in this sense get their name marked on the Stanley cup. That's something no one can ever take away.
I believe The manly board should have got rings. Yes they were fighting but thats because they all love this club to bits.

How let down would you be if you were the 551st person on the premiership ring list... every man & his dog gets one except you haha

The obvious issue is being ignored here.......

How do the dogs get the ring on their paw?

The ring, it itches. It forms a red ring with a scaley centre and it may become bigger and spread. You must apply a cream or balm to combat its ill effects. Destroy that bloody cat!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2