6 Month off excuse.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Is it possible that the 30 odd players "apparently" involved in this ALP woes diversion "drug scandal" can all give a sob story that they broke up with their girlfriend, have a gambling habit and be in rehab indefinitely (around 6 months)?

byso said:
Is it possible that the 30 odd players "apparently" involved in this ALP woes diversion "drug scandal" can all give a sob story that they broke up with their girlfriend, have a gambling habit and be in rehab indefinitely (around 6 months)?

Or have a rib or finger injury. Mate we are still well within the glass house, let's just keep our rock throwing to a minimum. I am not insinuating any Manly players are guilty just pointing out how an assumption based on flimsy facts can be made

Why do we allow these complicated supplements in the game at all. All it does is encourage athletes to push the boundaries.Sally Pearson, the number one female athlete in the world last year ,refuses to take any supplements whatsoever for fear of making a mistake. Not a bad test case.

Surely it would be easier for the NRL to simply ban everything except water, basic energy drinks and basic vitamins.The players and club simply operate with zero supplements.Effectively take Sally'' s stance.

It then becomes easy-everyone knows the situation, no confusion, you test positive for any illegal substances and your gone and there is no -one to blame but yourself as you are and the club are required to use nothing but basics. You have the added advantage that fatigue would once again become an important element which allows footballers to shine and not just athletes.Why do we have to push everything to the edge.Arent we playing football ffs,not a chemical experiment. But that would be far too simple wouldn't it.

manlyfan76 said:
globaleagle said:
Stevo said:
Drugs are bad m'kay

Southpark references are hella kewl!

Okay people nothing to see here, wait the Simpsons did it.

Screw you guys, ah-ma going he-ome!

edit: Respect my authoritar! (b4 someone else quotes it! Did I just type b4?? sheesh)

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
susan said:
Why do we allow these complicated supplements in the game at all. All it does is encourage athletes to push the boundaries.Sally Pearson, the number one female athlete in the world last year ,refuses to take any supplements whatsoever for fear of making a mistake. Not a bad test case.

Surely it would be easier for the NRL to simply ban everything except water, basic energy drinks and basic vitamins.The players and club simply operate with zero supplements.Effectively take Sally'' s stance.

It then becomes easy-everyone knows the situation, no confusion, you test positive for any illegal substances and your gone and there is no -one to blame but yourself as you are and the club are required to use nothing but basics. You have the added advantage that fatigue would once again become an important element which allows footballers to shine and not just athletes.Why do we have to push everything to the edge.Arent we playing football ffs,not a chemical experiment. But that would be far too simple wouldn't it.

Or, go the other way. Make everything legal. Take whatever you want. Everyone has access to the same stuff, so the playing field is level. Of course, there maybe some minor side effects, like having your nuts shrivel to size of sultanas, but hey, that's the price you pay :D

Its a very interesting time, and have we purchased a back rower late, to cover an up and coming loss maybe..... i just cross my fingers we are clean.... didnt they already go and give us a clean bill of health with nothing to worry about.........

c eagle said:
Its a very interesting time, and have we purchased a back rower late, to cover an up and coming loss maybe..... i just cross my fingers we are clean.... didnt they already go and give us a clean bill of health with nothing to worry about.........

No they said no one tested positive. Neither did Lance Armstrong.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6