• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
kingoftherodeo said:
Manly saints 94? Great game!

Thats the one. I was 9 or 10 watching this and couldnt wait to get back to school (in kogarah) with my Manly hat on. I only vaguely remember the game itself though.

The thing i remember most about that game is Terry Hill busting through the front line with no one to beat turning around & smiling at his ex mates saying something before scooting away to score untouched..

Yeah, I have it. But most of my stuff is in storage so I wont be able to get at it. Will let you know when I have access.

jjai said:
The thing i remember most about that game is Terry Hill busting through the front line with no one to beat turning around & smiling at his ex mates saying something before scooting away to score untouched..
Dont think Hill played for Illawarra or in that match jjai.
If its the game I'm thinking of big Ian Roberts was on fire & popped some miracle passes. There were some outragous tries & it seemed there were 25 Manly players vs 5 Illawarra reserve graders!!

MK Eagle said:
jjai said:
Dont think Hill played for Illawarra or in that match jjai.
If its the game I'm thinking of big Ian Roberts was on fire & popped some miracle passes. There were some outragous tries & it seemed there were 25 Manly players vs 5 Illawarra reserve graders!!
Hill scored two tries that day, he played for Souths, Easts, and Wests, prior to joining Manly, but never for St George, although Rod Maybon the St George fullback was probably an ex teammate of his at Souths.
It was a record loss for St George.
I was delirious that day as all of my wife's family are Dragons supporters and it was a family BBQ.

Maybe you are thinking of the match in 1994 when we beat Wests 66-8 jjai?

Hill was on fire that day. The St George match belonged to Cliffy.

Napper said:
Anyone got this game recorded on dvd or video?? Love to see it again as an adult.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NSWRL_1994/Round_14/Manly_Warringah-vs-St_George/summary.html

Venue - Brookvale Oval (Sydney)
Crowd - 22,380

Match Stats :
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles St George Dragons
61 0
Tries T. Hill (2)
S. Menzies (2)
O. Cunningham
M. Dunford
D. Gartner
C. Lyons
M. Ridge
I. Roberts
Goals M. Ridge (10/11)
Field Goals M. Ridge

You can buy most games for about $20. There is a link on the Club site.
http://www.rugbyleaguefilms.com.au/OrderDvd.aspx
Just checked, and they dont have this particular DVD.

Remember the day quite well but mainly Roberts & Cliff - Was with a good mate (apart from him supporting Illawarra) & I think they even scored 1st & I was a little concerned ,then suddenly.....the floodgates opened.
That night I got a lift home from Cronulla Leagues by Nathan Brown who was still blowing up & still in shock. It was good to hear him confess he had never played a team who clicked so perfectly & been on the wrong end of such a hammering -he was embarressed from the beating....

MK Eagle said:
Remember the day quite well but mainly Roberts & Cliff - Was with a good mate (apart from him supporting Illawarra) & I think they even scored 1st & I was a little concerned ,then suddenly.....the floodgates opened.
That night I got a lift home from Cronulla Leagues by Nathan Brown who was still blowing up & still in shock. It was good to hear him confess he had never played a team who clicked so perfectly & been on the wrong end of such a hammering -he was embarressed from the beating....

Manly won 61-0 but they scored first? How?

bones said:
MK Eagle said:

Manly won 61-0 but they scored first? How?
Must have been disallowed mate??.....just recall early on the commentators had Illawarra out of the blocks & were attacking - I had that feeling it was gunna be 1 hell of a tough game. Panned out a little dif though.

I remember that game well and also remember sitting in a carpark in Parramatta mid-week reading a full page article from Paul Kent in the Rugby league week giving Manly the biggest rap of all time. Oh... how have times changed.

HappilyManly said:
Napper said:
Anyone got this game recorded on dvd or video?? Love to see it again as an adult.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/NSWRL_1994/Round_14/Manly_Warringah-vs-St_George/summary.html

Venue - Brookvale Oval (Sydney)
Crowd - 22,380

Match Stats :
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles St George Dragons
61 0
Tries T. Hill (2)
S. Menzies (2)
O. Cunningham
M. Dunford
D. Gartner
C. Lyons
M. Ridge
I. Roberts
Goals M. Ridge (10/11)
Field Goals M. Ridge

You can buy most games for about $20. There is a link on the Club site.
http://www.rugbyleaguefilms.com.au/OrderDvd.aspx
Just checked, and they dont have this particular DVD.

Scrums - Dragons 9
- Manly 8

Penalties - Manly 4
- Dragons 2
It's not like we had the ref onside either. With a score like that you'd expect a dozen penalties atleast. Just a good win against a team that won the title the year before. Side note : The Bronco's knocked us out of the finals in 94. Pricks!

MadMarcus said:
Maybe you are thinking of the match in 1994 when we beat Wests 66-8 jjai?

Hill was on fire that day. The St George match belonged to Cliffy.

sorry Marcus that was the one i was mixed up ... it was against west thats why i said ex team mates .. 61-0 was illawarra i remember now..

Oneyeagle said:
I remember that game well and also remember sitting in a carpark in Parramatta mid-week reading a full page article from Paul Kent in the Rugby league week giving Manly the biggest rap of all time. Oh... how have times changed.
You know, I'm pretty sure I've got that RLW somewhere in my old collection. Will see if I can find it and scan it. No promises or anything, but I'll have a look next time I have enough spare time and memory.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4