$7-Million overhaul

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I read that Belmore is being completely revamped for $7-Million, and the photos seem impressive. My question is: how can they do so much for $7-M when Brookie seems to look pretty much the same after several $Millions have been spent? Don't we have a commitment for this kind of money?

Have you got a link to the photo's mate? Surely Since no one plays at Belmore, Brookvale could use this funding!

The council put a bike track around the back of the Oval, did some gardening and put new roofs on the stands for approx $7 mill...........................

Im pretty sure my tile out the front of Brookie probably set the council back several million. Sorry guys.

The irony is that Canterbury can't play at Belmore until 2015 because they are contracted to ANZ Stadium. This will be just a training facility. (There are 12 photos on www.leaguecentral.com.au). It looks tremendous.

Essendon have just announced a redevelopment of their own to a new training facility which will cost close to $30m and guess what? They have secured federal and state funding as well (not for the full amount mind you).

Because Warringah Council has always been divided over any redevelopement of Brookie,I doubt it if the council has ever lobbied State and Federal Governments for any funding.
To my knowledge the only lobbying came from Kerry Sibra when they received $6 million from the Iemma government.

Have the club in conjunction with the Council form a strategic partnership with one of the TV renovation shows & develop a production in which Manly supporting tradies are given the opportunity to work on a Brookie redevelopment.

Good economic & tourism outcomes for the region, while getting a low cost Brookie revamp.

The problem is that while money is available, and everyone seems to he getting it the owners of the ground are not asking for it. ie. the council. How many studies, community consultations and redesigns do we need?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6