700 Goals! - Alex Ovechkin Now 800!!!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
After a nervous few game wait Alex Ovechkin of the Washington Captials has finally reached the 700 goal club.

There are only eight players in total to have reached this milestone.

He reached 700 goals in the second fastest time (or second fewest games) bettered by only "The great one" Wayne Gretzky."

Alex went from 600 to 700 goals in only 154 games, the fastest of any player.

Now talk is about whether the greatest pure goal scorer the nhl has ever seen will reach 895 goals to claim the title of most goals ever.

I don't think so as he's getting close to 35 years old, but his stats just seem to improve every year.

He's a machine and often features on the website RMNB "Russian machine never breaks."

The guy is a wonder to watch, even if he stands in the one spot and fires them in....everyone knows, but no one can stop them. lol

Ovechkin scored his 800th goal tonight in a 7-3 victory of the Chicago blackhawks.

Not only did he become only the third player in history to achieve that (Howe 801....and Gretzky 894) but his first goal came 24 seconds into the game (his third fastest) and he scored a hat-trick.

The greatest pure goal scorer to play the game, at 37 years of age, only father time can stop him...but we've all been saying that over the last 5 years.

Very happy to have seen the game. Just brilliant.

Ovechkin scored his 800th goal tonight in a 7-3 victory of the Chicago blackhawks.

Not only did he become only the third player in history to achieve that (Howe 801....and Gretzky 894) but his first goal came 24 seconds into the game (his third fastest) and he scored a hat-trick.

The greatest pure goal scorer to play the game, at 37 years of age, only father time can stop him...but we've all been saying that over the last 5 years.

Very happy to have seen the game. Just brilliant.

The young fella and I play a lot of NHL on the XBox and we are "fans" of Ovechkin as he was on the cover on year ('21?) I find the season, like the NBA, just way too long with too many games to keep up. But in any language 800 is a massive total, do you think he will get Gretzky or will age beat him?!

The young fella and I play a lot of NHL on the XBox and we are "fans" of Ovechkin as he was on the cover on year ('21?) I find the season, like the NBA, just way too long with too many games to keep up. But in any language 800 is a massive total, do you think he will get Gretzky or will age beat him?!

It's only 82 games (plus finals)..! (lol)

"Most" people think he'll get to 895 which would be amazing. 800+ has only happened 3 times and I'm glad I saw #800 for one of them.

I don't know if he will. It's only age that'll stop him and people have been saying that for years. But he'll need about 2 and a half seasons to do it.

It'll be a fun journey either way.

Goal #802 tonight baby!!!

Meaning he passes "Mr Hockey" - Gordie Howe's record of 801 goals.

Target set on the great one and his 894 goals.

Record breaking goal was a no look 2 men on pass to an empty net (youtube vid will explain it better)

Well done Ovi!

Goal #802 tonight baby!!!

Meaning he passes "Mr Hockey" - Gordie Howe's record of 801 goals.

Target set on the great one and his 894 goals.

Record breaking goal was a no look 2 men on pass to an empty net (youtube vid will explain it better)

Well done Ovi!
Records
Defensive lines
Game plans
and salary caps are all meant to be broken

Well done to that Great Son of a gun !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8