8 point try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Is the rule that the infringement must be on the try scorer for it to be an 8 point try?  Goodwin is toast IMO.

That wasnt just a dangerous position that was a throw....almost a spear,

The funny thing was i sent Matas an SMS saying "That should have been an 8 point try" no sooner than I had pressed send, and was on my way for putting the phone down. And my phone beeps with a message from matas saying "That should have been an 8 point try if ever I have seen one" (paraphrasing both) but shows how bad that was

From RLEAGUE "Crogger1984"

http://forums.rleague.com/showthread.php?t=33896
"8 point try is after a foul is committed on the try scorer in the process or just after the player has scored. 4 points is awarded for the try. Then the goal kicker takes a shot at conversion from where the try was scored as per normal. They are then given a 2nd shot at goal right in front of the post"

------------------

I reckon they should look at that. There has to be more repercussion than on report, that was a horrible tackle and just a report, and no penalty is a joke. It's ven worse that neither the touch judges or either referee saw the tackle and had to wait for the video ref to see it

I was wondering if we'd get a penalty for that too.... very dangerous.. but will admit no players were called out for coming in....I think the penalty try comes in is for interference in the actual try play...

Dan link said:

The funny thing was i sent Matas an SMS saying \"That should have been an 8 point try\" no sooner than I had pressed send, and was on my way for putting the phone down. And my phone beeps with a message from matas saying \"That should have been an 8 point try if ever I have seen one\" (paraphrasing both) but shows how bad that was
 I preferred your response.  "Great minds".

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180975.msg231106#msg231106 date=1246879542]

The funny thing was i sent Matas an SMS saying \"That should have been an 8 point try\" no sooner than I had pressed send, and was on my way for putting the phone down. And my phone beeps with a message from matas saying \"That should have been an 8 point try if ever I have seen one\" (paraphrasing both) but shows how bad that was
  I preferred your response.  "Great minds".
[/quote]

it was just crazy timing. Leanne did not se the humour

Matabele link said:
Leanne is just jealous that I'm your Shane Warne.

nah she is part of the new community solutions group, government employment thing, so she is working her but off, she barely lifts her eyes from the laptop at the moment (contract only started last week) She is just happy Manly won so I am not grumpy and storming around the house complaining about everything and looking for fights

Dan link said:
From RLEAGUE \"Crogger1984\"

http://forums.rleague.com/showthread.php?t=33896
\"8 point try is after a foul is committed on the try scorer in the process or just after the player has scored. 4 points is awarded for the try. Then the goal kicker takes a shot at conversion from where the try was scored as per normal. They are then given a 2nd shot at goal right in front of the post\"

------------------

I reckon they should look at that. There has to be more repercussion than on report, that was a horrible tackle and just a report, and no penalty is a joke. It's ven worse that neither the touch judges or either referee saw the tackle and had to wait for the video ref to see it

There is an avenue and its to send the bloke off which is what should have happened.

They will be short 2 players for spear tackles one for only 1 or 2 weeks and Goodwin for 4 - 6 if the NRL stop puching for a dogs/saints GF

I lost my voice on the hill (along with my mind) screaming for an 8 point try, thought i was the only one.

I think everyone in the crowd me included was screaming for a 8 point try and some marching orders. Now if that would have been a Manly player I'm sure they would had no hesitation.

I was shouting on the hill for an 8 point try too - with many around us. However, I think the right decision was made in that Robbo was not in the process of scoring a try. Goodwin should have been sent though.

It was sweet justice that Ox kicked the goal anyway, though he did try to con Archer to give him the kick under the posts for quite a while.

Here's a question. It's the GF, and Manly are on the attack. We are 7 behind. Brett Stewart gets the ball with 15 minutes to go, and say O'Donnell thinks, screw it, I'll cop a few weeks in the trials, and to start next year, so I'm gonna take this guy out before he passes to the wolfman.

Stewie passes the ball, Wolfman scores, but O'Donnell picks upo The Bullet (knowing he will go on report, but "probably" not sent off in a GF), spear tackles him, and breaks Brett's shoulder or worse, and is then unable to continue.

Is that worth an 8 point try? Regardless of the rules, it should be ! If it's in the play leading to the try, and a foul was committed, the attacking team should get some sort of benefit. They scored a try anyway, so it's, "Let's forget about it as though it never happened, and whoever plays the team of the tackler next week, gets a benefit".

Just wrong.

They need the 5 min bin back for situations like Goodwin’s tonight, there needs to be some penalty but I'm not sure an 8 point try is the right solution.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4