• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Will be lucky not to be sitting there after tomorrow

I don't know what to say about that, 12-0 up, my prediction of 40 looking good, and then we turned to crap. Was a bit of luck in a couple of their plays, but no excuse, it was just S**thouse

We create enough chances during games to score points, but they seem to get 1-2 men outside from whoever is setting up the play, and fall to pieces as the opposition gobble them up

I sit here at the moment thinking Brett will not be enough to pick this team up into a serious title contender. 1 week ago I was confident of that

Going through 1-17 tonight, the only 2 I can look at and give a pass mark to are Stewart and King. Outside of them, there was F**k all there. Watmough tried his arse off and was nearly there, but at least 4 penalties against him kills that. Orford was also putting in 100% but it wasn't coming off. Actually thinking about it now I will give Robbo a pass as well, he didn't do much wrong at all

Wolfman - I love the bloke, but he can't play again the way his head must be at the moment. Give him time to go away and grow a beard

Matai - Something missing there at the moment, can't put my finger on it though. Zip in his dummy half play is missing, is still running the ball hard though. Not seeing any big hits from him either

Lyon - MIA again. He is far too good to be playing how he is at the moment, he showed that in the 1st 8 weeks of the year. Since then he has been average at best

Orford - Not MIA like Lyon, but poor tonight. His kicking game was actually OK, and he was searching all night, but it just wasn't there. Having said that, there were bugger all running a line to give him options either

Ballin - I don't like some of his option taking at the moment, he is offering nothing for Lyon and Orford with his kicking game from dummy half either

Perry - Has dropped back a bit again. Makes 2-3 big runs a game that get the side going, but is not backing them up at the moment

Kite - Was better than last week, but he looks lost at the moment. Some weeks starting, some on after 12mins, tonight after 25mins. He needs some stability, along with a rocket

Rodney - Lacking the impact he had prior to his injury

So having said all that, this is what i would line up next weekend

Robertson
T. Williams (Siniula a bee's dick away from this spot)
Matai
Lyon
Farrar
Foran
Orford
King
Ballin
Perry
Watmough
Bailey
Stewart

L'Estrange (Ballin hasn't convinced me about 80 mins)
Rose
Kite (Lift ya game big man)
Rodney

Most will be calling for Orford's head, but I don't see that improving the team 1 bit. We need a halfback as dominant as him at the moment, and I don't see Hodkinson providing that at this crucial point of the year. Foran comes into 5/8 to get Lyon a bit wider and hopefully more involved

Foran must come into the side.  He can defend, his support play is excellent and he adds the extra attacking option.  Himself and Lyon can swap between 5/8 and centre if needed. 

Hodkinson should be the 1/2 - Orford the 5/8 and play as a ball distributor - you cant fault Orford in defence and you couldn't drop him all together at this point of the year if put Bailey on the bench and if T.H isn’t coping swap Orford back to half bailey to 5/8 – it wont happen though.

I think Hodkinson kicking game has to put him ahead of Foran as an option a real kicking option in the half would be a massive bonus.

Foran has proved he can play NRL so he gets my vote over someone has not played NRL yet. 

Garts link said:
Foran has proved he can play NRL so he gets my vote over someone has not played NRL yet. 

Sure, I somewhat agree with what your saying but I have't seen anything out of Foran that suggests he the kind of ball player with a kicking game thats going solve our problem - if it was a centre I say straight away put him there but he's not even being picked in the halves for the 20's at present.

He is in the centres as our gun centre is out for the season and Forans 5/8 replacement went ok whilst he was in NRL so it made sense to keep him at 5/8.  Foran also played quite a bit there today even though he had the 4 on his back.  He must come back into the team. 

Garts link said:
He is in the centres as our gun centre is out for the season and Forans 5/8 replacement went ok whilst he was in NRL so it made sense to keep him at 5/8.  Foran also played quite a bit there today even though he had the 4 on his back.  He must come back into the team. 

He didn't ofter much in attack in that 20's game today.

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=181302.msg235603#msg235603 date=1249725367]

[/quote]  What game were you watching?

Everyone's forgot about Glenn Hall, he has size, go forward and bends the line, his defence is good most of the time. He's nothing flash but is a better option than Bailey in the secondrow.

And what's happened to Cuthbo? Is he injured? He'd be another option on the bench.

If I were selecting the side, Foran to 5/th, Lyon back to centre, farrar wing, T-rex dropped, Bailey bench as backup dummy half or 5/8th, Le strange dropped. Hall back in staing side

Team

Robbo
Farrar
Mattai
Lyon
D Williams
Foran
Orford
King
Ballin
Perry
Choc
Hall
G Stewart

Bench= Kite, Rose, Rodney, Bailey

Ninth is looking ominous. Tonight was a shocker. Can't say that the team didn't try, just didn't execute and again did dumb things. A crucial game that we needed to win.
Looking at the ladder it's hugely condensed between 5th and 12th places. 8 teams battling it out within just a couple points from each other.
Still, it's not time to bury the season just yet. Come back Brett, we seriously need you.

Hall has been crap for weeks too.  He too has been living the high life, living off last year's deeds.

Matabele link said:
Hall has been crap for weeks too.  He too has been living the high life, living off last year's deeds.

I suppose you thought Bailey as starting secondrower is a better option? He's been playing crap all year.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=181302.msg235605#msg235605 date=1249725546]
[quote author=Garts link=topic=181302.msg235603#msg235603 date=1249725367]

[/quote]  What game were you watching?
[/quote]

Sorry let me rephrase that he didn't offer much in attack as a half, though yes he was playing in the centres for the most part.

Swoop, Cuthbo has been playing in the QLD Cup for several weeks now. He was out injured for the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles last weekend and was replaced by Heath who had a blinder for them. Cuthbo was on the interchange bench for them this week.

Very good of Manly to assist Cuthbertson to acclimatise to life in Cronulla by putting him in a beachside location with lots of dumb bogans. 

Will not make the 8.

Kite offers nothing, Perry started ok bit then offered nothing, Ballin offers no spark, Gifty is trying but is adding nothing and dropped balls have crept into his game, bailey was a dud buy, Lyon is too quiet, our wingers are a worry and Robbo is a winger playing fullback.

prove me wrong boys, but....unfortunately the season is over.

Unfortunately Mal I'm thinking you're right with 9th.  We just don't play for 80 minutes and are beginning to leak tries and penalties.  Lack of interest? GF ring already? I blame all the players Des does not pick week after week.  Easier that way, less antagonism on this site. 

DSM5 link said:
Unfortunately Mal I'm thinking you're right with 9th.  We just don't play for 80 minutes and are beginning to leak tries and penalties.  Lack of interest? GF ring already? I blame all the players Des does not pick week after week.  Easier that way, less antagonism on this site. 

Not that many to be picked tbh.  Foran the only only who is really deserving.  Things are grim. 

Wow u guys are shockers, im glad im not fighting a war with u guys id certainly be watching my back, Matta u need to get a life all you ever do is pick faults, guess thats why ur an internet expert not a first grade coach, Sunny coast is the best place in the world bar none.......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4