A Bad Omen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
When I was in Sydney over Christmas I went down to Brookvale oval and removed a clump of grass from the hill.

I then placed it in a jar with some dirt and a bit of water. Over the course of the year this grass blossomed and filled the jar niceley. I never got around to replanting it in my lawn, as the house is on the market and I wanted the grass to come with me :)

The other night we had 100mm of rain and the jar filled with water. I just went to get some tools out from the shed and checked on it and sadly the grass is now dead.

It looks like this also coincided with Hoppa's injury.

This is a bad bad bad sign and omen, as ever game that Rob and I have touched the grass 10 minutes before the game, we have won. Everytime we forget to touch the grass or are unable to. We lose. It's become somewhat of a pre-game ritual and joke amongst us up here (we are easily amused, but have all played enough sport to believe in superstition in a sporting context).

Hopefully the grass pulls through, we have some warm days ahead and if there is even one root with life in it, we could be all good.

If I see life, I can see us making the top 4, if it doesn't recover, things could be pretty gloomy for us this year.

I'll keep you posted

So basically it'll be your fault if we don't win the title this year. I can't believe the jar of grass didn't have pride of place on your bedside table.......people like you don't deserve to be Manly fans....selfish pr!ck.

I will take full responsibility if we lose all of our games from here on out and credit if we win the whole thing :)

It was on the bay for a long time, but selling the house means it was relegated to the vegie patch

Try taking the lid off the jar.
If that doesn't work, I recommend a hydroponic setup.

Shoe1 link said:
Has your gardening skill had an influence on results in the past Dan?

Gardening skill...hey my lawn is great and the landscaping and gradens around the pool are spectacular.......its just the grass in a jar that drown..go easy....grass usually comes back after "drowning" so I am sure I will be all good soon

Geez Dan did you get some of that 100 Mls we had on Tuesday night in Brizvegas...fair dinkum bucketed down, I thought I was back at Brookvale for the Bronco's game!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Geez Dan did you get some of that 100 Mls we had on Tuesday night in Brizvegas...fair dinkum bucketed down, I thought I was back at Brookvale for the Bronco's game!!

Sure did mate, the storm front extended all the way down from bundy to GC

The real question is who is driving up this way and wants to get me a new batch?

mickqld link said:
Just smoke it. It should be better than weed. It's hallowed.

Not my go, I guess I could use it to fertilize the lawn and see what happens

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7