A big thank you to Silvertailers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Earlier in the year, after we discovered my son in law was terminal with lung cancer , many on here so generously donated to a " my cause" fund to help Mick & Alice make some memories with their little boys Tom ( 7 ) and Sam ( 5 ).

Well one of those memories is that Mick wanted , with all his family , to take his old 4WD to Cape York, so with the help of a large number of 4WD companies ( who heard about him ) and did up his 25 year old Landcruiser to the tune of over $25,000 worth of stuff AND through the generosity of many on here to cover his family's costs to do the trip they are on the way.

The attached are photos of Mick & Alice before leaving , Mick with his boys and a family photo ( yes all 24 of them) at Cairns before they ventured into the great unknown.

Thanks again everyone, this and a trip to Melbourne ( first ever flights for the boys), plus a family cruise is where the money went ( almost $20k).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    441.3 KB · Views: 689
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    352.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 65
I forgot to add, they left Cairns this morning so the adventure is really only starting today.

His Mum & Dad, brother, two sisters and associated wives , husbands , and nieces and nephews make up the family photo.

Although in that one it appears my grandsons are hiding in Dads 4WD ( probably sick of bloody photo's).

The Doctors told him he had 6-9 months to live but so far the chemo is slowing the tumour growth rate, and looking at him you wouldn't know he's even sick.

Sadly they say it will only add maybe 6-12 months on to the original prognosis, but hopefully we will at least get another Xmas.

Thanks for the update on such an intensely personal subject. Rarely do posts make me happy with such a feeling of sadness at the same time.

It was a pleasure to contribute and I still wish all the best with miracles aplenty.

My very best to the whole family (still.)

PARTY ON!!!!!

Great news mate. So glad that I was able to help in some minuscule way.
I hope the trip is everything he imagined. I'm sure it will be.

I'd love to be doing a trip up to Cape York like that. Hope they have a ball, it's a mad part of the world - amazing country.

It's a great journey we did it ( with a lot less people) in 2012 and at a much more leisurely pace, I was invited to go along this time but no it's really a chance for his family as a whole to go and have some fun together, and we thought we'd just be an " add on".

Hopefully we will get a chance to share something similar ( Fraser Island maybe) with them before the end of the year.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Great news and best wishes to him. Hope they have a cracking trip

Thanks mate.

Sadly ( in one way) it's a little rushed, the rest of his family ( all paying for themselves of course) need to do the whole thing in 2 weeks, so it's up and back quickly.

It's a pity , such a lot to see but it's sharing it with his parents and siblings that it's all about so majority ruled.

The Doctors told him he had 6-9 months to live but so far the chemo is slowing the tumour growth rate, and looking at him you wouldn't know he's even sick.

Sadly they say it will only add maybe 6-12 months on to the original prognosis, but hopefully we will at least get another Xmas.
Thats great news Mark,glad to help.I hope he continues to stay well and improve

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6