A big thank you to the mods on Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The last 5 weeks can't have been easy!!

Possibly not as bad as the old "One Eyed Eagle" days when we merged with the Bears (man that was really bad) but probably the worst I have seen (forum wise) for a decade.

I know a few are not happy with Bannings / Suspensions or Deletions BUT the owner of this site (who hasn't put me up to the this thread by the way) needs to be very very careful in terms of what is said..ultimately Dan is responsible, if the **** hits the fan it's his arse on the line.

So I for one would like to say a big thank you to all the mods, I may not agree with what some of them say BUT in terms of the voluntary job they do they should be congratulated!!.

And it doesn't need to be said but this wouldn't even exist as a forum to get things off our chests if not for Dan, so he needs the ultimate accolade.

I agree with others (so this has already been said) but it is time for us to all take a chill pill, realise it's the off season (and treat it that way) and just enjoy the fact that we are 2011 PREMIERS!!

And how good is that!!

Agree Mark - they do a great job and some people have to realise that you can't keep everyone happy.

It is the individual posters who will be held responsible for their coments more so than Dan.

My personal view is that some mods have been a bit over zealous in recent times, but there is no doubt they have a huge job on their hands at the moment and they deserve our thanks for undertaking that massive task for the benefit of all of us.

Was gonna start a thread like this but was too hard on the full and wet bus.

So well done Mark and totally agree.

It's a pretty thankless job in general... On my other favorite forum whenever we have a meet up it generally ends at a strip club with the mod crew getting shouted PLENTY of beers and lapdances... So not entirely thankless hehe ;)

So next time you boys are in Brisbane....

Marcus if people are being "over zealous" as you suggest maybe its to try and get things back to a reasonable level.

All are welcome, but keep it sensible.

And Thanks Mark.

I'd much rather we weren't even needed, and despite allegations to the contrary, no one here moderates to suit a personal agenda.

my other favorite forum whenever we have a meet up it generally ends at a strip club with the mod crew getting shouted PLENTY of beers and lapdances...

But Komori's other favourite forum, now that's another story. Any chance they need some more moderators there mate ??

I have posted my thoughts on the last few weeks in the "7 Page thread" thread

Whilst some of you may think that there were some heavy handed, so to were a lot of the things said, sometimes you need to be heavy handed to stop the tide, most of the time we are very relaxed.

I think it is worth remembering the only reason things got to the point the got was not because moderators deleted posts, but because people were hysterical and acting the fool.

It's worth remembering your actions on here reflect to the rest of the world what Manly fans are like. It would be better if the populace policed themselves and together nurtured a an environment and reputation that we could all be proud of, rather than rage against the moderator machine, perhaps we should turn our ire on those that cause the issues and cause the moderators to react in that way. We should be angry at the fools, who make us all look like fools

KOMORI said:
It's a pretty thankless job in general... On my other favorite forum whenever we have a meet up it generally ends at a strip club with the mod crew getting shouted PLENTY of beers and lapdances... So not entirely thankless hehe ;)

Right near Suncorp Stadium as well, so come for a game and then.....who knows after:p:p

Chip and Chase said:
I'd much rather we weren't even needed, and despite allegations to the contrary, no one here moderates to suit a personal agenda.

I feel likewise C&C with regard to your comment that we would much rather that we weren't needed to moderate. I used to like how the forum used to basically be self moderating but those days seem to be gone and especially with the dramas over the last couple of months or so.

The only personal agenda that I have is with the unnecessary use of the "C" word and the frequent use of the "F" word in posts and also when the threads start degrading into gutter talk with sexually explicit comments as I know that Dan would like to be able to have kids view the forum as well without viewing all of that.

Mark from Brisbane said:
KOMORI said:

Right near Suncorp Stadium as well, so come for a game and then.....who knows after:p:p

Roger that Mark ;) my wife still leads the all time tackle count for most lappies in one night :)

KOMORI said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
KOMORI said:

Roger that Mark ;) my wife still leads the all time tackle count for most lappies in one night :)

Lucky buggar!!

Yes I don't hesitat to add my thanks to the mods.

Of course this means you can no longer claim it is a thankless task :D

Well said Mark. Thanks to the mods and Dan of course who do a great job with the site

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7