A BIG thank you

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Downie

Reserve Grader
Drove up from Canberra today to see my first game at Brookie this year. Met my Dad out at his place in north-west Sydney but we didn't rock up to the game until about 20 minutes to 7 due to traffic being a shocker. The line for tickets was huuuge and we'd only gone twenty metres in the 30-40 minutes we were there. Ten minutes after kick-off we were still twenty minutes off getting tickets so we decided to go home.

I called my brother to get him to tape it for us and as soon as he answers our knight in shining armour walks up to us and offers two spare corporate tickets he had. Leads us into the ground and up to the Jim Beam lounge area in the Ken Arthurson stand. We'd gone from facing the long drive home to corporate hospitality in a minute.

No idea how he picked us out of the line or if he visits this site, but Steven, you saved our night, thanks A LOT.

Shameful service from the club. You shouldn't have to wait five minutes for a ticket. It wasn't a sell out and if they want fans to turn up then the service should be better than that.

DSM5 - it is a Monday night. People get there late - there was a huge crush. Pre-buy your ticket or be a member and you walked right in. It would have been easy to have roving ticket sellers but I don't think the problem was just the club but more the last minute rush on a Monday night.

Great that Downie got in to see the gaol break!!!

No way should you have to wait that long for a ticket. shocking to think people may give up and maybe not come along again. The club needs to be made aware of this. We can't afford to be turning paying people away due poor service. :(

I have been there on a bigger day and the lines weren't that bad.......I'd say everyone arrived at 6.50pm and that caused the headache.

They should really anticipate people all arriving at that time...if you leave the city straight after work its impossible to arrive earlier. Agree people should pre purchase tickets, but you don't want to discourage fans from making a last minute rush after work next time. Money is money for the club, be it pre purchased or otherwise.

To flog the dead horse this is more a reflection on the facilities at the ground rather than the club

You can only polish a turd so much

you just have to go to the right gate. You usually get in faster if you go to the back gates

Thank you to all the fans who made the effort to come out to Brookvale last night. On behalf of myself and the Club, it is greatly appreciated.

I agree with those of you who have commented that having to wait so long to purchase a ticket in unacceptable. Unfortunately we are limited by the facilities we have available to us at Brookvale. This does not mean we will not be looking for measures to improve our ability to deal with a late arriving crowd.

Just as an interesting point, at 6:10pm I took at photograph of the Hill. It was close to empty and the ticket queue's were small. Within 15 min we were bombarded.

For those of you planning to attend any games for the remainder for the season I strongly encourage you to pre-purchase your tickets through Ticketmater.

Thanks again everyone, and Go Manly!

Larissa

Ian Martin tragic said:
downie that sounds like some kind of dream come true; if only you got to go to the cheer squad's after party as well....
Ian - do you remember the show 'UFO'? The pink wigs on the cheergirls reminded me of the girls who worked at Moonbase Alpha. I think they had purple wigs. Or the Destiny Angels in 'Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons'. Lol.

One word: Bandwagon. I yelled out to everyone in the line as I passed "become a season member!!" Duff said they might be Parra supporters. I said "go to Ticketmaster next time". The lines didn't have to be that bad and it is in no way the clubs fault.

It's a Monday night. What do people expect?

We have 3 gates, better thann some stadiums. It takes as long as it takes to buy a ticket. It can't be done faster. Nothing can be done about it, no point whinging.
Seriously, with a bit of planning you can knock off work a bit early or take a day off, whatever suits you.
Mondays are always going to be a last minute rush. No point abusing the club because you want to rock up 10 mins before kickoff & walk straight in. You could blame the club for the peak hour traffic too. Plan ahead or shut up & cop it. You should've seen it coming.

The Eagle said:
So your assuming because someone cant afford a season ticket they are bandwagoners? are you serious?

No, I am saying 7000 at the Raiders game because it was little wet and after a loss to the Cowboys, 8000 for the Cowboys game at Brookie after a few wins (and on a Saturday mind you), then get 14000 after that? That difference is not all out-of-towners (who would have in most cases pre-bought their tickets) That's bandwagoning. You know it, I know it. Watch Souths Sunday arvo if we beat Dragons: 18000 minimum and people will still turn up without tickets.

As for what happened with the queues last night, if you don't like it you have 2 choices: season membership or, if you can't afford it, Ticketmaster website.

The club is not to fault for people's inability to plan ahead.

Bandwagoning comes in because people could have done the same thing on the Raiders and Cowboys games without a problem or a queue. Add that extra 6000 - 8000 on 3 gates and you have a bigger problem on your hands. Therefore the queues experienced on Monday.

As said before, or in conclusion, plan well ahead because you don't know when the bandwagon will roll into town and throw everything out of proportion. It did on Monday, not the clubs fault.

Obviously though the club will need to cover this inability to plan into the future ticketing processes. Still doesn't give anyone a right to jump down their throats. Your fault not theirs.

Oh one more thing:

definition of a bandwagon: 60,000 Manly fans at the 2008 Grand Final (minimum ticket price $90), 8000 last Saturday at Brookvale Oval for Cowboys vs. Manly (minimum price $25, or a season pass which includes game for $169). Anyone that mentions the facilities are kidding themselves.

Fair call Jono fair call

I dont get to go to nearly as many games as id like personally
Monday is a ****house day for the general public to get there

However the point ill make is this

Brett Stewart is getting back to his old self again,add that to wins
and you have fans who arent scared anymore to wear their gear,sure
the leers are still there but instead of mindless garbage its more envious garbage,he is a drawcard,Rose for his shape and Wolfman are also drawcards,Foran has a legion of his own and the DCE following is just becoming amazing,he is the rookie causing the most circlejerk ive seen since.....i have no idea,perhaps Tooves for us

"Oh one more thing:

definition of a bandwagon: 60,000 Manly fans at the 2008 Grand Final (minimum ticket price $90), 8000 last Saturday at Brookvale Oval for Cowboys vs. Manly (minimum price $25, or a season pass which includes game for $169). Anyone that mentions the facilities are kidding themselves"

Bandwagon or fair weather fans.....110% agree with Jono..and another good example is look at the Titans this year, running last and flat out getting 5,000 at a game...last year full stadiums.

People (in general) just want to be winners and nothing else, they jump on board when we are winning and then bail out when we are not.

As opposed to the die hards who go rain, hail or shine.

And lets face it this will get worse, if we keep winning more and more will come to see them play....I'd agree, beta the Dragqueens and the next home game could be the biggest for years (assuming the weather is kind).

Bandwagoners or not - its still money for the club.
I'd also suggest that those who post on these boards are more than just bandwagon supporters.

The difference was the free entry for kids!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6