A few things

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Firstly, we need to get back to simplicity. On the last tackle, or sometimes the 4th, we overcomplicate things far too much, banana kicks, tricky little lobs etc. There is nothing wrong with using a weapon we have, Robertson under a bomb, which is simple, and not flashy

Same with the ball through the hands, 2 on 1 overlap, instead of going through the centre, drawing in a winger, and passing on, we use a cutout pass, which Orford also struggles to get there, they never hit the mark.

Orford should just forget about rep footy, perfect situation to show the selectors what he is made of at the end of the game, and he disappears. Option taking was bad and just didnt step up and assert himself

Neumann will cop pletny no doubt, but look again and it isnt all his fault, we were far too compressed in our structure and his inside men were making bad calls, and he was hung out to dry and made to look ordinary. Was too much asked of a player who had played 1 game

As usual, when we were down, Kite and Watmough were the men to step out and try and drag us out of it. Lyon will probably cop a bit too, but at least he was trying to get us out of the hole and create something near the end

Congratz to Penrith, the better side won on the night. I always thought backing up from that storm game would be an issue for us and it proved to be.

And another thing actually, that will probably sound pretty stupid, but B.Stewart actually stunts out attack the majority of the time.

We are hot on attack, he comes in as a 2nd man, and slowly drifts across field and dropping a predictable ball back in to the winger when he runs out of room. 1 know it has worked once this season, and nearly again tonight, but i think it stalls us a lot too

Would rather see him touching the ball less hot on attack but hitting the ball at pace with clever angles targeting a gap.

Pretty much agree with everything there. I thought Lyon looked dangerous at times, does he need more time at 5/8 or should we put Burns back there?

Honestly Penrith probably should have won by more, our defence was solid on our own line for over 3 sets early in the 2nd half. Still some positives when we clearly played so terrible to only lose by 6 points.

Mini does the same thing.

It annoys me when fullbacks inject themselves into every play and do nothing with the ball in hand.

Pretty much agree with everything there. I thought Lyon looked dangerous at times, does he need more time at 5/8 or should we put Burns back there?

Honestly Penrith probably should have won by more, our defence was solid on our own line for over 3 sets early in the 2nd half. Still some positives when we clearly played so terrible to only lose by 6 points.

I am in the give him more time camp. Defensively he matches Burns, and offensively he does have some nice touches that Burns doesnt possess at this stage. Is not something you can just write off after 3-4 games, all this same stuff was said about Lockyer for over year, but with persistance look where he is now. Lyon has the skill, and the time on his side

Mini does the same thing.

It annoys me when fullbacks inject themselves into every play and do nothing with the ball in hand.

Yep he does too, and it has always frustrated me.

I like how Penrith use Wesser, he just chimes in running hard at gaps

But Stewart attacks the line like Donald used to. If there's defence in front of him, his legs go to jelly. I shudder to think of what he'd be like running back at a QLD set of forwards.

Firstly, we need to get back to simplicity. On the last tackle, or sometimes the 4th, we overcomplicate things far too much, banana kicks, tricky little lobs etc. There is nothing wrong with using a weapon we have, Robertson under a bomb, which is simple, and not flashy

Same with the ball through the hands, 2 on 1 overlap, instead of going through the centre, drawing in a winger, and passing on, we use a cutout pass, which Orford also struggles to get there, they never hit the mark.

Orford should just forget about rep footy, perfect situation to show the selectors what he is made of at the end of the game, and he disappears. Option taking was bad and just didnt step up and assert himself

Neumann will cop pletny no doubt, but look again and it isnt all his fault, we were far too compressed in our structure and his inside men were making bad calls, and he was hung out to dry and made to look ordinary. Was too much asked of a player who had played 1 game

As usual, when we were down, Kite and Watmough were the men to step out and try and drag us out of it. Lyon will probably cop a bit too, but at least he was trying to get us out of the hole and create something near the end

Congratz to Penrith, the better side won on the night. I always thought backing up from that storm game would be an issue for us and it proved to be.

It was Orford, neumann even tried to call him wider but got brushed off by Mr Big shot right in front of us.

Agree with all of the above. Neumann was not the fault. The compressed defense structure that Des likes was exploited buy a smart coach. Lewis is a better 5/8 than Lyon will ever be, smart player. Lyon at centre would have shut down some of their attacking raids. Where was Burns?

Only heard rumours, anything from a bad flu at the ground through pneumonia or even meningacocal.

If it was meningacocal the game would have had to have been called off, its pneumonia according to nine.

Very fit athletes have problems with their white blood cell count, after a big hit out it drops immensly and it starts a bit lower.

Saw an experiment on whats good for you to illustrate the report ran a 10km run and went from 250 to 200 and back to 260 the next day, the marathon runner went from 220 to about 120 then about 180 or so the next day.

And another thing actually, that will probably sound pretty stupid, but B.Stewart actually stunts out attack the majority of the time.

We are hot on attack, he comes in as a 2nd man, and slowly drifts across field and dropping a predictable ball back in to the winger when he runs out of room. 1 know it has worked once this season, and nearly again tonight, but i think it stalls us a lot too

Would rather see him touching the ball less hot on attack but hitting the ball at pace with clever angles targeting a gap.

Have to agree he has become a bit predicatble in this department. However it's up to the playmakers to hit him with some good passes if he puts himself on some good angles. At the moment they just give him the 2nd man play behind a decoy and he is generally flat footed or already on his drift across which is easier for the defence to read. You would think they would be running these sort of options ad nauseum at training, but it seems to me when we get in opposition 20 there is no structure and no one steering the play on a regular basis.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4