A few thoughts from the ground.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Titans are a good side with very strong pack. Their forwards had the wood on our guys for 60 minutes.To our credit we finished over the top of them.One thing that surprised me was the second phase play amongst their forwards,particularly on Birds side down our right ege in defence.Rarely does our right side struggle but we were tested there often.The second phase stuff is something I think we could use more often (but pereferably not via choc-he was great again today but passing is just not his go)

Main difference was their ability to get repeat sets on our line(must have been at least 6 or 7 droputs) while we struggled badly in that regard.The other key was Stevies play selection at times.Twice early in the first half he elected to dummy to Jorge when he had Mead outflanked.One on one Jorge is almost unstoppable and with the number of tries he is scoring Stevie will work out he needs to give him more ball.Otherwise Matai was fantastic.It was his running game which single handedly got us back in it.Love this bloke.Oh,and for those who got all worked up over Wolfie dropping the ball at the death.I was right in that corner,they would have found his mangled frame 10 rows back if he had caught it.

Tooves will have a selection headache soon.Buhrer was manhandled by their big forwards at times.The coach will have to decide if his value as backup for Ballin is outweighed by the overall game of Symonds,Horo and co.

Overall nothing to worry about here.Was one of those games where it always seemed we were destined to find a way to get beat.As Mick said not many teams will get 2 points at skilled stadium this year.The other good thing is the road trips to Brisbane and GC which we normally have to do late in the season when desperate for points are done.2 from 3 is a nice start.

What I liked most about our performance last night was our fitness. We made 80 more tackles in the first half, yet we were the ones that were storming home and finishing over the top. It was a reallly humid night last night as well which impressed me about our fitness. It could also be a reason why we made so many errors though.

Yep, I always thought the 39% possession in the first half (where we conceded just two points) would come back to haunt us, but we did finish the stronger team. Lots of "what ifs" and "could haves" but agree that Wolf was covered on that last play and would never have found the line. We should never have gone back to that side, where all the Tits defence was clustered - throw it back towards Foran and Matai and we would have scared the hell out of them.

Manly crossed 5 times for 3 tries and kept them to just 2.
Matai kicked instead of passing to an unmarked Snake; Killer missed 2 kicks and dropped a ball when we had a clear overlap and Chez kicked out :(
Manly lost the game, Titans didn't win it .

The pain of the loss will focus the Boys more and the Season looks good :angel:

Trainers need to respray the hands on such oppressively humid days:idea:
It was the most uncomfortable game as a Spectator that I can recall,even the coins in my purse were hot to the touch as I bought my 3rd iceblock.

Chez's haircut was involuntary and blaming the kiddie for trying too hard is off the mark :mad::
His successes far outweigh his misses.

susan said:
Titans are a good side with very strong pack. Their forwards had the wood on our guys for 60 minutes.
Tooves will have a selection headache soon.Buhrer was manhandled by their big forwards at times.The coach will have to decide if his value as backup for Ballin is outweighed by the overall game of Symonds,Horo and co.
You are right about Buhrer he struggled for meters per run but his defence was good he made 36 tackles in 60 minutes. I would not be surprised if at some point he resumed his role that he had off the bench last year. Providing some good meters out of dummy half.

It's going to be harder for 2V to keep Tommy S out of the starting backrow I reckon. He's a talent and is getting better with fitness each week. Horo is good but maybe impact off the bench will be better for him. Buhrer back to bench as well when Gifty is back.
Can't wait for a full strength forward pack.

Just one of them games :(

There are ocassions where small mistakes have dire consequences.... Last night was one of them. Such is life: I do believe there's still plenty of positives.... last year that would have been a 13+ win to the titans I reckon, the 2013 Sea Eagles show a hell of a lot more spirit and and damn near stole a game where almost everything bounced for the Titans.

Also, credit where it's due: Titans played well (suprised me actually) and I think they'll be near the pointy end after another 20 rounds.

The difference, to my eyes, is that we have a few more gears to go up yet, whereas Titans *probably* don't.

If they come against us in a semi, we will tear them apart like a hot chook :)

mickqld said:
It's going to be harder for 2V to keep Tommy S out of the starting backrow I reckon. He's a talent and is getting better with fitness each week. Horo is good but maybe impact off the bench will be better for him. Buhrer back to bench as well when Gifty is back.
Can't wait for a full strength forward pack.

Also, THIS^^ :)

Symonds looks good: runs hard and seems to be enjoying his footy at Manly. Seriously, losing Pony Williams and gaining Symonds, Horo F'aoso et al is a MASSIVE coup for the club. The newbies have really performed well and I believe we are a hugely improved unit over the 2012 squad :)

A cpl times there Buhrer just got completely rag dolled.
He's got to go back to the bench.
Talking to some of the players at the fuction...to a man they all said the Titans could gel into a top side this year. Wolfman reckons Bird was outstanding for them, and was sick of getting chopped down by him.
What I saw from last night, was that Kite and Matai have absolutely no regard for their bodies when returning the ball off our line...they were met with some punishing defence, and kept coming back for more work.

In hindsight Choc should have let them kick the first field goal attempt as there were still 6 or 7 minutes to go. As it was we nearly beat them after the penalty goal with 2 minutes left.

DCE didn't do it deliberately but even the Titans taking the penalty goal gave Manly a better chance of winning.

The other thing that annoyed was the referees refusing to give penalties in the last 15 minutes for hold downs & markers etc. All stuff they pinged Manly for earlier that helped Titans get up field to score their 14 points. It's just rubbish the way close NRL games are officiated in the last 10 minutes or golden point. Killer ran straight at offside marker and got nothing.

And was bloody hot and humid ( even for me and I live here) , not sure if that affected the boys but we were sweating just sitting in the stands, oh well at least the beer was cold.

Ground:

Worms tickle my tummy.

Studded boots give me a headache.

Commentator:

Thanks for those thoughts, ground, back to you Ritchie.

2v needs to start with Symonds instead of bhurer, A much bigger body and symonds can really play

tookey said:
2v needs to start with Symonds instead of bhurer, A much bigger body and symonds can really play

tookey I couldn't agree more.

Mark from Brisbane said:
And was bloody hot and humid ( even for me and I live here) , not sure if that affected the boys but we were sweating just sitting in the stands, oh well at least the beer was cold.

Not sure how the players and supporters survived the previous game there against the raiders when they started at 1.00 pm and it was 35 degrees and humid. Glad it was a 4.30 start against us as that was hot enough in their **** stadium with no breeze

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6