A Manly premiership winning captain can't sign for Parra!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

paski_10

I know other Premiership winning captains have signed with other clubs in the past, e.g. Bob Fulton and Paul Vautin both to Eastern Suburbs, but a Manly Premiership winning captain... signing for Parra? That's ludicrous! Borderline betrayal!

Although it looks like he will, I hope the Ox signs anywhere but Parra (and Souths & Illawarra). I f*cken hate Parra (and the other two)!

Fro link said:
who cares who he plays for as long as its not us?

Yeah because Dogkinson was such an upgrade,he won us.....NOTHING!
I hope you loved watching him,hope it was all worth it for you atleast,then i could sleep at night

Ox won us nothing.

The guys around him won it, he was there too.

Hodko wasn't much of a step down. He has one thing Ox doesn't, potential. DCE is much the same. Maybe he wont win us a premiership next year. Lyon, Ballin & the Stewys can take care of that. The theory is that by the time he's 30 he'll be twice the player Ox ever was.

the other thing he didnt have was an overinflated pay packet.

Orford was a decent player, nothing more, not worth  what he was paid for what he achieved (or didnt achieve)

Think of the rep level that Orford achieved, exactly the same as Hodkinson. city country.

And Duff is right, he was there GF night, but he hardly won it off his own bat

I have no doubt in the world Orford would jump at the chance to play for us again, but with winning the comp and facing the salary cap squeeze we can't afford him. So if he wants to come back to the NRL then he can't be picky. The fact that he has been to some of our games, training, club functions and a day or two of Stewart's court case this year suggests that he is still very close to our club and the players he won a premiership with. Although I hate Parramatta with a passion, I wont hold it against Orford or bag him out if he plays there.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1286850631[/time]

Fro link said:
the other thing he didnt have was an overinflated pay packet.

Orford was a decent player, nothing more, not worth  what he was paid for what he achieved (or didnt achieve)

Think of the rep level that Orford achieved, exactly the same as Hodkinson. city country.

And Duff is right, he was there GF night, but he hardly won it off his own bat

Yeah I agree he wasn't a $500,000 player, which is what we are led to believe he was earning. But it wasn't his fault, Manly,Melbourne and Souths bumped his price that high by fighting for him. It's not like he is going to refuse their offer and say "sorry guys I can't except I'm just not worth that much".

His pay packet didn't hurt us either, we built a team around him and played finals football all 4 years he was here, including 2 grand finals and a premiership. Hell, if Melbourne hadn't of cheated I guess we could have potentially had 2 premierships. He was no Andrew Johns, but he led us around well for the most part and always played his heart out.

Let's face it guys, RL is a business today and players have a brief opportunity to make dollars before retiring into the sunset to do whatever.

Who cares where he goes.

And as to his involvement in 2008...he was a part of the team that beat the Storm...FORTY TO NIL.....enough said!

Orford is widely regarded as the best halfback never to play proper ref footy,somehow Kimmorley kept getting his job

Shane link said:
Orford is widely regarded as the best halfback never to play proper ref footy,somehow Kimmorley kept getting his job

He was selected for Origin at least once, maybe twice, and injury ruled him out.

Stop it Jatz, reason is not required, these numpties might work out Im only stirring them up soon :)

Firstly, let me just clarify... I'm not saying I want him to sign with us... I'm saying I don't want him, a premiership winning captain, to sign with our biggest rivals Parramatta! F*ck Parra... I have no problem with him signing at Canberra or even Cronulla to an extent, who are both looks for #7s.

Secondly, Orford has achieved a fair bit. He is a Dally M Medal winner, A premiership winning captain, was selected to the NSW State of Origin team on definitely two (maybe 3) occasions (ruled out because of injuries). A lot of players just as good as him and better, unfortunately, have not achieved that much.

I understand that Rugby League is now a business... the smartest move for OX from a business sense is to suck it up and stay on big bucks at Bradford for the remaining two years of his contract.

P@$ki link said:
Firstly, let me just clarify... I'm not saying I want him to sign with us... I'm saying I don't want him, a premiership winning captain, to sign with our biggest rivals Parramatta! F*ck Parra... I have no problem with him signing at Canberra or even Cronulla to an extent, who are both looks for #7s.

Secondly, Orford has achieved a fair bit. He is a Dally M Medal winner, A premiership winning captain, was selected to the NSW State of Origin team on defnitely two (maybe 3) occasions (ruled out because of injuries). A lot of players just as good as him and better, unfortunately, have not achieved that much.

I understand that Rugby League is now a business... the smartest move for OX from a business sense is to suck it up and stay on big bucks at Bradford for the remaining two years of his contract.

I'd rather him stay there  but merkins must fire shots at him,pretty low and pea hearted

Shane link said:
Orford is widely regarded as the best halfback never to play proper ref footy
as fro said by who?
i reckon presto was the best half never to play proper 'ref' footy!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6