A message for Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You are probably breathing fire at the moment and champing at the bit to get out there tonight and exact some revenge for the last weeks worth of media persecution of one of your teammates. By all means be aggressive and play hard, that is what you are good at, but I implore you not to do anything stupid. We cannot afford a send off nor a suspension of you. Our backs are thin on the ground at the moment with injuries to the Williams' and Bani, and of course no Stewey for 4 weeks. We need you on deck and leading from the front over the next month.

The best thing you can do for Brett is to play hard, not take a backward step and ensure we WIN the game for him. Be the man.

I agree C&C we really need him and Lyon on the field, hopefully he can control his aggression.

I think he lifts when given extra responsibility and always gets highly involved in the high pressure games.
One game in particular stands out - when we played Parra last year at Parra with 4 injured players, he ran the ball all night made massive metres in sloppy conditions.

Matai was brilliant in that game, particularly the second half when we had nobody on the bench. Our forwards were stuffed just from running back after a kick - so when Parra got a couple of good kicks deep into our territory, Matai charged out of dummy half two times every set of six and powered us up the field.

Probably the most impressive and mature game I've ever seen from him.

Personally, while I am a little worried about suspensions, I just want to see Matai and Choc fire up and flatten a few blokes tonight.

I was at that Parra game, and Matai was inspirational that night. Sitting in the stands, I thought it was a 2nd rower hitting it up hard, but when the bodies rose up it was Matai, unbelievable, what a night that was.

I would love to see him iron out a few blokes tonight, 1 of my moments of last season was when he came from nowhere and hammered Cam sMyth

Love to see him get a great early shot (legal of course) on his opposite (Idris I think) to unsettle him

Idris is young, but he is massive. Bigger than Matai comfortably I would reckon.

I'd like to see Matai beat Idris with speed and guile, but then iron out someone like Kimmorley.

Good points Chip & Chase.

I hope Watmough, Perry, King & Matai all have big games tonight for that matter I'm sure Watmough will be pumped as well.

I don't think everyone agrees, but I thought Stevie was one of our best. Didn't put the big hits on but kept the agro in check and made some valuable metres, always trying to make a big difference.

To be fair to that game, I don't really think it's an insight into our season - I haven't seen it rain that hard in years. It was more like a game of water polo, and with The Bulldogs being a bunch of fags who like to look at each other in their speedo's - water polo suits them.

Matai was beaten by Idris.  Why Ox kicked to him is beyond me?  He should have told his winger to stay out as well.  Not to much happened out there on the wing to write home about.  We were leaky out there on Saturday night. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2