A message from Mr Perry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Tipping Member
Dear Sea Eagles Members and Fans,
After the disappointment of last week's loss to the Tigers, we are happy to be back at The Fortress today as we play host to the Cronulla Sharks. Our clubs share a great history, having played in two grand finals in the 1970’s igniting a healthy rivalry that continues today.

The sides will be playing once again for the Steve Rogers Memorial Trophy, in honour of the late Cronulla immortal who sadly passed in 2006 and played a huge part in promoting the healthy rivalry known today as the ‘battle of the beaches’.

The Club is proud to announce that earlier this month we surpassed our all-time Membership record and we now have just over 12,300 loyal members. We are stronger than ever and with another eight home games to be held at Brookvale Oval, we urge all our fans who are yet to become members to sign up in the interest of contributing to the future sustainability of this great club.

As many of you are aware, there has been a lot of speculation surrounding the retention of players who have played an instrumental part in our successes. It has been a very emotional time for all of us at the club, but rest assured that the board and the club are trying their utmost to ensure that these players remain a part the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

The unfortunate reality is that we have some significant salary cap challenges that we are working closely with the NRL to overcome. The club will continue to discuss these issues with the NRL and will hopefully be in a position to make an official announcement on any unresolved issues soon.

I hope I get to see as many of you as possible this afternoon at The Fortress, as well as again next Friday evening as we take on the North Queensland Cowboys at Central Coast Stadium.

Thanks again for making us stronger together in 2014 and go the mighty Sea Eagles.

Yours Sincerely,

David Perry
General Manager
SEA-2269521

We need hiku to make a decision. If he stays for the reported 750 over 3 years surely gift goes. If he leaves for the reported mill over 3 years to warriors, surely gift stays. C'mon PETA decide.

Clint said:
The club will continue to discuss these issues with the NRL and will hopefully be in a position to make an official announcement on any unresolved issues soon.

This is the part that I find encouraging. Hopefully these discussions are fruitful.

if reports are right gifts gap compared to the NRl value is 200K+ per year

Hiku alone will not cover it and you still have to pay a minimum 25 players under the cap

I really don't understand why the NRL needs to disagree with the value of the contract the player is willing to accept. Its not like they say, well player X is on a backended deal and he's only really worth half that so you can pay someone else an additional $200k.

We lost Kite, Galuvao, Rose, Fa'aoso, Gower and Skinner from last years pack. Sure Skinner and Gower were probably on minimum pay but the other 3 had to be earning between $100k and $200k.

Surely they wont re-sign King unless he will play for the minimum pay next year.

I hope they dont pay any winger more than $150K unless they are a current origin/test player.

Gotta be some dollars somewhere for Glenn. Saying that if we offer $200k and he adds that to his $800k from this year, thats a reverse back ended deal (or is it a "front ended deal" worth $500k a year.

Masked Eagle said:
I really don't understand why the NRL needs to disagree with the value of the contract the player is willing to accept. Its not like they say, well player X is on a backended deal and he's only really worth half that so you can pay someone else an additional $200k.

agreed ME. Especially if Gifty decides to take a lower salary at the Eagles because of better jobs prospects post footy if he stays a one club man.
This has got to be the carrot that keeps Glenn at Manly. The prospect of a career post footy.

I have to say, as a season ticket holder every year, it's disappointing that the media has a field day with these contract issues. It detracts from the game.

By the way, I received a letter from the Leagues Club recommending a renew there as well - it was addressed to "Miss Ryan Winter". LOL. Maybe they are suggesting I'm a little biatch?

Hehehehehe.

Ryan said:
I have to say, as a season ticket holder every year, it's disappointing that the media has a field day with these contract issues. It detracts from the game.

By the way, I received a letter from the Leagues Club recommending a renew there as well - it was addressed to "Miss Ryan Winter". LOL. Maybe they are suggesting I'm a little biatch?

Hehehehehe.

My MWSE membership renewal was addressed to some guy called Dennis!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6