A Message to All Who Support/ Work for this Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jono

Bencher
Dear Manly Fans,

I write this after everything that has transpired over the past few days since our great victory last Sunday night.

Since then we have seen Hoppa sign with Parramatta and Des Hasler leaving us to join the Bulldogs in 2013. This is a sad day for the club.

However, this is a moment of reflection on us, the board and the players. Its about time we remembered who we actually support. We support the Club. That is it. If any coach or player decides that they could get more money elsewhere, or if the Board decides that the Coach isn't worth that much, or that they should have KPI's on them because it is good for the survival of the club, then we should be all for it.

If a player decides that they want to play under Des, not for the colours, then they should leave, and we'll let them go. If you don't believe in the colours, or if you think you are more important than those colours, then you should leave.

If you are a part of the Administration and believe you can do better elsewhere, then go. The door is open.

As for the Football Club Board and the Leagues Club Board, the same goes for all of you. In your case though, the fans get a say on your survival. The rest of the Sea Eagles Board are also on notice. The more you piss off the fans, the less members you have and the more money you will be required to give back to the club to keep it afloat.

On this forum there are many people that tear supporters apart when they say "true supporter". Well, today we will begin to see who the real supporters of this club are. The real supporters of this club will continue to stand by it, through thick and thin. Continue to buy next year's memberships, and the year after. In the end, you are buying a membership to the CLUB, not its Board, not the players and, most importantly, not the coach or his staff.

We need to all remember, no one man is bigger than the Colours of this great club: no player, no coach, no Recruitment Manager, no owner, no board member. If you think you are, or think you will be treated any better anywhere else, leave. There are other players, coaches and managers all looking for an opportunity to represent the Maroon and White. You aren't God's gift to this Earth.

As to any other fans from other teams that may read this: Manly-Warringah will NEVER die. We have a history stronger than any of you can imagine and maroon and white will continue to flow through our veins. We have been in worse positions before and have STILL done better than you all. Not once, not even in the Northern Eagles days, did we get a wooden spoon, and we don't plan to get one anytime soon. Suck it up bitches, we're 2011 Premiers and we're still alive. Now, **** OFF OUT OF OUR FORUM!!

As for the rest of you, keep your heads high, we are Manly till we die and no one can ever take that away from us.

Brothers and Sisters until the end,

Jono

Great post Jono. I have signed and wil be signing up my wife too.

Totally agree. Survival of the Manly Sea Eagles is all that matters. Players & coaches come & go. We already have our grand final win in the bag for this decade. Any more is just a bonus.

Well said. I think we need to respect the owners of our team, whose support is the only thing keeping us alive at the moment and this has to change.

It will take time but we need to work towards self sufficiency and one day be able the thank those owners and part company with them.

Let's go back to back in 2012.

We shouuld really be called the Lazarus Manly Sea Eagles for our abilty to rise from the dead.

By the way im a member and this club will never get rid of me.

Very passionate and well said jono.

I am over all this crap but will never stop supporting the club. If anything it strengthens my resolve to try and do something to make a change.

Thanks Jono
I am fully behind Manly for 2012 and I am moving on

#gomanly
#2012B2B
#MANLY2011PREMIERS
#manly4life

Thanks Jono as mad as we all are deep down we all bleed Maroon and White thats why we are bleeding now. We will get past this and we will show the rest of the league how great this club and its supporters are. I just hope some people in admin and the board are reading your post and take note of it instead of their selfish bull**** they have dished up to all these loyal supporters.

I would love to hear someone from the playing group talk with the same level of passion for the club. Someone who is manly through and through, kingy or Choc, just come out and say something like we know you fans are hurting and confused as much as we are but this club means as much to us as it does to you and we ain't going a where.

Good work Jono,
I once lived within walking distance to Brookvale but am now many kilometres away due to work.
This post Grand Final Des debacle will motivate me to do one thing, become a club memeber. I've always thought this futile as I'm in the middle of south west QLD and can no way get to any home matches.
This situation has made me realise that if we want our club to continue it's success more member votes are needed. I will earn my wings for 2012 and beyond.

Well Jono your very powerful post took the words right out of my mouth, literally, I came into my office this morning to write a very similar post. Everything you said is 100% true I have been a Manly fanatic since I was 5 years old living and growing up in the west of Sydney at Granville, I'm now 50) and for me this current BS is all about people doing whatever they think is best for them. If a player or coach buggers off SeeYa! This club has a long and proud history deeply inbedded in it's core. you cannot buy it, you cannot import it, you cannot take it away not matter how hard you try, its part of our collective culture. Play for Manly and you join a band of tightly bonded players and people who wear their collective pride about this great club passionately on their sleeve. Every single ex Manly player will attest to this every single Manly supporter will attest to this. You see it doesn't matter if Hoppa goes to Parra or Des goes to the Doggs or any coaching staff member or player follows him because they will never replicate or expereince anything like what they did at Manly.

Good luck Hasler trying to build a culture like the the one that exists at our great club because you will fail. I repeat it cannot be purchased it cannot be imported and it certainly cannot be imitated. IT IS MANLY AND IT WILL ALWAYS BE AND WE OWN IT, IT"S PART OF OUR DNA!

Great post Jono! We renewed all our memberships yesterday morning as I felt that the Club would be needing all the members it could get!! Have told a number of my Qld friends who are Manly to get on the band wagon too! Manly will rise up out of the ashes Phoenix like and this will all be a distant memory. Nikkipops you won't regret your membership - I too am from SW Qld and since joining 4 years ago have felt closer to the Club although still haven't made a Brookie game (have promised myself that for next year!!) I have supported Manly since the early 70's and although this may seem like the end of the world I know that we can rebuild and take our rightful place at the top of our game - as long as we have fans we have a club! Coaches, admin, players etc are replaceable but you cant replace the fans' belief in, devotion to and love for a Club - it can't be bought, it can't be poached, it can't be faked - it's the integral core to our Mighty Sea Eagles - no matter what is thrown at us nothing can break what we know and feel inside - Manly Forever! To all the detractors and trolls your presence here shows your envy of what we have! Your raiding of our great team proves said envy! Remember you cannot buy respect - it's earned!

Masked Eagle said:
I would love to hear someone from the playing group talk with the same level of passion for the club. Someone who is manly through and through, kingy or Choc, just come out and say something like we know you fans are hurting and confused as much as we are but this club means as much to us as it does to you and we ain't going a where.

Well said Jono. Here's hoping they listen.

Agreed ME. This is exactly what we need. If I heard something along these lines it would fill me with confidence and lift me up immediately.
Cause at the moment I am pretty messed up.

Thanks Jono .

If only the suits had this desire and passion , then the club would be a dynasty for years to come

Thanks I needed that today as I have felt like Crap for the last two days, I can start looking forward to a new era MMMMMMAAAAAANNNNNNNYYYYY :)

Go Jono! :D:heart::heart::idea:

Well said and I'm sure that the players and coaching staff will also be reflecting on these issues once the dust settles

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2