A picture equals a thousand words...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Freagle

Bencher
More off-season fillers here...but looking at the latest lot of pre-season training pics up on the website over the weekend, there are a few things you can sort of deduce...

Nate Myles - looks fitter and more pumped up than he has in past years. Seems to me that he's been hitting the weights harder than normal in our new state-of-the-art facilities...

Siosaia Vave - looks about 20kg slimmer than last year, which puts him around his proper playing weight. Personally I am glad he stayed put.

Nicho Hynes - training with the NSW Cup side by the look of it, along with Pratt. There was something about the kid last year in the few games of 20s that I saw, he just seemed to have a bit of class and maturity about his play. Should not be discounted as a five-eighth option in a couple of years, perhaps.

In about image 12, there is some big dude with a beard playing the ball, that I don;t recognise. Possibly John Walker?

And finally - Trent Barrett is clearly a very hands-on coach, running around directing plays etc. He also looks fitter than most NRL players, so perhaps is setting a strong example.

More off-season fillers here...but looking at the latest lot of pre-season training pics up on the website over the weekend, there are a few things you can sort of deduce...

Nate Myles - looks fitter and more pumped up than he has in past years. Seems to me that he's been hitting the weights harder than normal in our new state-of-the-art facilities...

Siosaia Vave - looks about 20kg slimmer than last year, which puts him around his proper playing weight. Personally I am glad he stayed put.

Nicho Hynes - training with the NSW Cup side by the look of it, along with Pratt. There was something about the kid last year in the few games of 20s that I saw, he just seemed to have a bit of class and maturity about his play. Should not be discounted as a five-eighth option in a couple of years, perhaps.

In about image 12, there is some big dude with a beard playing the ball, that I don;t recognise. Possibly John Walker?

And finally - Trent Barrett is clearly a very hands-on coach, running around directing plays etc. He also looks fitter than most NRL players, so perhaps is setting a strong example.
John Walker is the guy in a top hat and tails...

images

Tony Satini is the ball playing dude

Last edited:
The latest gallery on the home page features a bearded Lawrence playing the ball in images 10 and 11.

Would like to see more pictures of the actual players training and not the coach.

And an updated team list for next year would also be great...............! :wondering:

The latest gallery on the home page features a bearded Lawrence playing the ball in images 10 and 11.
Ah yes...you'd be right there. Well played. The beard threw me. And the inattention to detail that has plagued me since I discovered beer 27 years ago...

In the Coffs Harbour snaps there's a shot of who I believe to be Liam Knight standing behind Darcy Lussick. Now, Darcy is 6'4", and Knight appears to be bigger than him in the photo. Is he really that big?

Hm, im going to say "yes" to that. Lussick is (I think) 192 cm, to me Knight looks about the same, possibly a cm taller. About the same as Jason King, Brent Kite...nice to have some big boppers coming through!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4