A player signing that would stop you supporting manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brewski said:
I might be wrong here but wasn't the signing of Ben Kennedy a bit like this? I know as a young tucker I couldn't understand why we would sign a loser from Newcastle but he turned out alright :)

I couldn't stand Ben Kennedy when he was at Newcastle. I didn't think he was a loser though. I always thought he was great player (and definitely a winner) but I just didn't like him. He came to Manly and is one of my all time favorites now.

I would cry publicly if we signed Jamie Soward, I would still love Manly I just would not be in love with them. In fact the more i think about it the worse i feel. I need a beer.

Anyone that managed to support the NEs while Kimmorley was in the #7 can stick strong through anything.

Slater or Smith would make life very difficult for me but I could never not support Manly.

manlyfan76 said:
I would cry publicly if we signed Jamie Soward, I would still love Manly I just would not be in love with them. In fact the more i think about it the worse i feel. I need a beer.

Ewww... I just vomited in my mouth at that thought :s

If, at the time, we had signed Ray Price, say in 1979, well, THAT would have stretched my loyalty.

The other ones would be Laurie Daley and Wally Lewis.

My support,would be tested if The club ever bought judas hasler back. But I'd be pissed but I'd still support the club

I didn't leave when we signed Craig Field so I can put up with anything.

Frank said:
Absolutely no-one. My love for Manly is unconditional.

Me too, what's the problem?

For example, upon joining Manly, thugs would simply become enforcers; grubs would become ultra-competitive masters of gamesmanship; while all the drunks, criminals and turncoats would quickly transform into young men who deserve another chance to redeem themselves. No problem!

firechild said:
Anyone that managed to support the NEs while Kimmorley was in the #7 can stick strong through anything.

Slater or Smith would make life very difficult for me but I could never not support Manly.

This

No player would stop me, but it would take a game or two to warm up to a few guys. Especially if we let got a fan favourite, ie the club decides not to register Snakes contract as we have signed Billy Slater. Would be tough to take.

If we're told (by many on here) that 'this is just a business' and we don't have the right...or shouldn't begrudge players for leaving....

then I assume the same applies in reverse and no one is allowed to mind who comes to the club.

However, I enjoy having an emotional attachment to the club and will complain if players I like go, celebrate wins, decry loses, put up with mouthy hats and accept those who want to wear our colours.

Party on people!

Firstly tbh, if we got SBW would be pretty excited about having 1 of the best in the game & any of these players with wayward attitudes seem to be reined in under the Seaeagles guidance &...he can play a bit.
As mentioned, Soward would head my unwanted list clearly with daylight 2nd & Ennis 3rd.
For some reason Dogkinson makes me sick & prefer him at the kennel, even though only a nsw cup hopeful at Manly would not like him back.
At that original post about the Rooster supporter, they are generally fickle & lack the passion of Seaeagles supporters...stop supporting over 1 player...deserves 6 uppercuts & a Matai special...

EagleFromMay1967 said:
If, at the time, we had signed Ray Price, say in 1979, well, THAT would have stretched my loyalty.

Read somewhere a long time ago that Manly signed Wally Lewis and Gene Miles but released them when the QRL cried that Manly would tear apart the QRL. Not sure if true but it wouldn't have surprised me.

Townsville Eagle said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

Read somewhere a long time ago that Manly signed Wally Lewis and Gene Miles but released them when the QRL cried that Manly would tear apart the QRL. Not sure if true but it wouldn't have surprised me.

I think I remember that .

Average bull said:
Townsville Eagle said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

I think I remember that .
100% true - spoke to Lewis at h/t Manly/Boncs 2011 & said it was all but a done deal.
Personally would have loved Lewis signing, loved Choppy Close back in the day & had some Qld greats at Manly over the years - none as good as Wally imo....

bones said:
manlyfan76 said:

Ewww... I just vomited in my mouth at that thought :s

Pity you are not a whale as you could sell your vomit for $65k

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7