A player signing that would stop you supporting manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would support Manly no matter what, but if Hodges were in our team I would find it hard to ever call him a Manly player or support him

Nobody would get in the way of my support. I disliked Craig field immnsely and felt he stifled our play. He moronically would turn it back inside or go himself when Menzies, gartner, hill, innes, Hancock and hoppa would be lined up at pace outside him.

I was perplexed when we signed ray Higgs and geoff Gerard, then ray brown and les Boyd, because i loved to hate them at their previous clubs, but grew to like all 4, especially jethro.

Further to my post in another thread, these four forwards were also better than Paul McCabe.

Once a player pulls on the Mighty Maroon and White pretty much makes them part of the family . But having said that , the thought of Mundane ever wearing our colours was and is a truely frightening thought.

manlyfan76 said:
I would cry publicly if we signed Jamie Soward, I would still love Manly I just would not be in love with them. In fact the more i think about it the worse i feel. I need a beer.

I think that condition in this instance is referred to as the 'Craig Field Effect'.

Masked Eagle said:
No player would stop me, but it would take a game or two to warm up to a few guys. Especially if we let got a fan favourite, ie the club decides not to register Snakes contract as we have signed Billy Slater. Would be tough to take.

Like say losing a Beaver for a Bailey?

I would never stop supporting Manly.

But in the spirit of the question, Hasler returning would be a bitter pill to swallow. I saw him at darling Harbour on Australia day. Had my young daughter not been with me, I would have pushed the mongrel in the drink.

Player wise, Ennis. Can't stand him. He's worse than Smith.

I love the Craig Field comment. My love for the Manly club is also unconditional, however Chris Sandow, Justin Hodges or Adam Blair donning a Manly jersey wouldn't sit well with me.

simon64 said:
Had my young daughter not been with me, I would have pushed the mongrel in the drink.

You could have pointed at something shiney to distract her for a minute.

Clint said:
simon64 said:
Had my young daughter not been with me, I would have pushed the mongrel in the drink.

You could have pointed at something shiney to distract her for a minute.

He tried, then got distracted himsel......

TWO DOGS said:
I didn't leave when we signed Craig Field so I can put up with anything.

Agree, I spent all my energies cursing that dimwit and finally he had the sense to leave. Will never forgive Bozo for replacing Cliffy with that idiot :mad:

I will only support the Manly Team though, as the Northern Eagles fiasco had me 'relaxing' on Sundays for almost six years in disgust.

Took till 2007 to accept that Manly were back to representing my beloved District - and the rest is living history :D

None! They would be transformed when they pulled on the Maroon and White. If not, they won't last long as we only keep champions who have embraced the Manly culture long term.

None ,nada ,never happen . Couldn't care less who played for Manly because I'll always be a Manly supporter till the day I die

No player could stop me from supporting Manly.

Look at it with a glass half full viewpoint. Even if your most hated player joins Manly it's just means more opportunities to verbally abuse the hell out of the numptie in question.

simon64 said:
I would never stop supporting Manly.

But in the spirit of the question, Hasler returning would be a bitter pill to swallow. I saw him at darling Harbour on Australia day. Had my young daughter not been with me, I would have pushed the mongrel in the drink.

Player wise, Ennis. Can't stand him. He's worse than Smith.

Very poor form mate.

You should of chucked him in. Your daughter would of learnt how good handles evil :D

Hamster Huey said:
Masked Eagle said:
No player would stop me, but it would take a game or two to warm up to a few guys. Especially if we let got a fan favourite, ie the club decides not to register Snakes contract as we have signed Billy Slater. Would be tough to take.

Like say losing a Beaver for a Bailey?

Slightly different scenario as I didn't despise Bailey before he signed. Also different because I don't think we ever considering that we lost Beaver so we could sign Bailey which was the scenario I suggested between Snake and Slater.

Osama Bin Laden and The pope could have 69ers for halftime entertainment at brooky and i'd still support Manly.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6