A public apology

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
After last night's game I would like to issue a public apology to all the fans who were on the hill last night on about the 30m line at the scoreboard end.

I couldn't help but absolutely give it to the dogs and the refs at every opportunity and in hindsight, my language may have been a bit colourful on the odd occasion (an perhaps some of the even ones too).

Unfortunately, for the first time in my 40 years watching this game, I actually despise a team.....vehemently.

So to all of you who were in the vicinity, whose wives, girlfriends and children I offended, MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES. I will have to stay away next time me play the Dogs as I'm clearly unable to control my emotions.

Again, my most sincere apologies to anyone who felt their evening was destroyed by that baboon on the hill. In the light of day, I can see that I let my emotions get the better of me.

simon64 said:
… I actually despise a team.....vehemently.
I know that banter is part of the whole footy fan thing, particularly jeering refs and opposition teams. Booing is just as much fun as cheering, for me.
However I am curious about a minority of posters who have expressed very strong feelings here lately, such as Simon's comment.
Do people seriously hate the players? Seriously?

I hate the supporters of any team but manly.
I resent the fact that they want my team to lose.
You're either with us or against us.
Hangin's too good for 'em.

Duff said:
I hate the supporters of any team but manly.
I resent the fact that they want my team to lose.
You're either with us or against us.
Hangin's too good for 'em.
Much too good. Should be hung, drawn and quartered but not necessarily in that order.

guys you have no idea how much i despise the dogs & 90% of their supporters.
( my wife is one and truly ive avoided her for about 3 days coming to the game , not her fault but thats how much i hate them. ) always have and this year even worse 100 fold over because of haslers actions & greenturd...

if the comment above about hating players are of other teams , for me yes/no but Barba top on the list after that arsey kick which forced wolfman take it over the sideline i dont know if anyone noticed but that little arsey nugget started giving it the wolfman. ( yes i know sledging happens all the time but when it happens to us , different story )

ive mentioned this before i know plenty here hate the storm but i personally respect them , but the dogs i hate with so much passion , i hope i live never to see them win the premiership ever... i hate them .

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Had you been drinking?

Nope. One light at the club before the game.

And Duff...I may have to take up your offer because I don't think I will be controlling myself at a Dogs game anytime soon. They're worse than the Scum.

simon64 said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Had you been drinking?

Nope. One light at the club before the game.

And Duff...I may have to take up your offer because I don't think I will be controlling myself at a Dogs game anytime soon. They're worse than the Scum.

Please join me. It's not just the dogs, i have a vitriolic diatribe for every team.

People look at me like a loony because i'm on my own but my dream is to one day be standing in the midst of thousands of manly fans spewing forth hate speech that would make hitler blush. It would be a beautiful thing. An act of social puppetry. Art using the populous as my canvas. This would be my legacy to the world.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Had you been drinking?

That's none of your business.
Simon has shown a great deal of guts and decency admiting and apoligising for going over the top. Why should he have to answer to you.

He doesn't have to answer. I asked a question, he chose to answer.
You asked me a question, I chose to answer.
Not too complex for you I hope?

Cameron said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Had you been drinking?

Simon has shown a great deal of guts and decency admiting and apoligising for going over the top. Why should he have to answer to you.

Geez you lot, it's one game. One loss. There's plenty more of those ahead. At least we lost to a good team. How bad is it losing to Parra and Titans. That's what's hurting our season.

Dogs beat us fair and square. Suck it up and set an example

Cameron said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Had you been drinking?

Thanks Cameron. And I don't mind answering the question. (I didn't see the relevance though to be honest...If you can't handle your drink..you should steer clear imo)

As I said, it was just that there were women and children there and I was just consumed by the game. I tend to be a little passionate at times.

Jerry1 said:
Oh well, put a dollar in the swear jar and move on. :)

$1 ?....it was more like "Scarface" if you've ever seen that movie Jerry.

Might have to take out a loan.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4