a quote by paul gallen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
"I had bigger offers to join Manly, on better money, at the end of 2007 and 2010. They won the comp in 2008 and 2011. I won’t say it is something I don’t think about but I am very happy where I am at the moment."

i hope they made him an offer last year!

Quote from:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/sunday-session-living-with-hate-and-how-paul-gallen-almost-joined-the-sea-eagles/story-fni3fbgz-1226896787970

We definitely tried to get him to replace BK, along with every other half decent backrower in the comp. Meyer went after then all! Then when we didn't land any of them, he tried to ride the coattails of those who shall not be named by claiming he put the premiership winning teams together.

A funny thing, on Sunday Footy show, Gallen said he'd welcome Marshall to Cronulla for the right reasons, to win games & not just move to Sydney to be on the Footy Show, haha!

I like Gal's quote today ' If Benji wants to play footy he is welcome, but if he just wants to be on the Footy Show, then no' :cool:

If he had signed in 2010 I dare say we would have gone close to a 3peat. Love him or hate him, he is the sort of player that delivers.

I do remember in 2010 we went hard for him. The main reason I wasn't too keen is that I thought he would cost too much.

While Gallen is obviously a quality player, I'm not disappointed he stayed at Cronulla.

I like the fact that we don't plunder the established ranks of other clubs. Other teams do that. And we are the benchmark for success over the past 10 years. The Scum had to cheat to get anything like the success we have experienced since the dim dark days of the NE.

Killer is the only player that played today who was an established and class first grader when he joined Manly.

Every other player made their first grade debut at Manly or was discarded by their original club as not being up to the mark (Horo, BJ and Starling).

And this on a day when yet another Manly debutante in Hiku becomes an international.

So Gall.......thanks but no thanks. We'll just stick to the way we've done it in the past. You can stay at the Sharks.

Masked Eagle said:
We definitely tried to get him to replace BK, along with every other half decent backrower in the comp. Meyer went after then all! Then when we didn't land any of them, he tried to ride the coattails of those who shall not be named by claiming he put the premiership winning teams together.

Grant "Mayer" was only a front.
After 2011, Graham Lowe and every other person at our club opened up in the papers. We now know there was only one person that makes or breaks any decision back then. It was the Führer, H**ler.

And Gallen just misses too much footy for mine.
He's always cherry-ripe for rep games, or the big club games such as semi's...last few years he's in a sling or moon-boot on the sidelines just as often.

Talks a good game though...

simon64 said:
While Gallen is obviously a quality player, I'm not disappointed he stayed at Cronulla.

I like the fact that we don't plunder the established ranks of other clubs. Other teams do that. And we are the benchmark for success over the past 10 years. The Scum had to cheat to get anything like the success we have experienced since the dim dark days of the NE.

Killer is the only player that played today who was an established and class first grader when he joined Manly.

Every other player made their first grade debut at Manly or was discarded by their original club as not being up to the mark (Horo, BJ and Starling).

And this on a day when yet another Manly debutante in Hiku becomes an international.

So Gall.......thanks but no thanks. We'll just stick to the way we've done it in the past. You can stay at the Sharks.

You can not quote Lyon and forget about players like bell, orford and perry. All that said this is not how we operate these days

Well .............. who looks like the smart one now ???

instead of winning premierships , their trying to stay in Sydney..

" you snooze , you loose !!! "

and we win ....

lol

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4