A reason for our failure, but not an excuse

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
When you check through the NRL team lists you'll see how those at the top of the ladder have been spared from injuries/unavailabilities. At my count:
Cowboys have no injuries. Brisbane just 1 injured player. Sharks 2, Panthers (2), Raiders (2)...
at the other end: Manly has 8 players listed - the highest. Next worst affected is Newcastle with 7. Storm continues to defy and also has 7 players injured, yet they are in 3rd place. Say what you like about Bellemy but his results are extraordinary over many seasons.

I think we keep losing because other teams keep beating us. That and our injuries and fitness levels. The unequivocal and indubitable evidence however points to the irrefutable and incontrovertible proof that at certain points during games our strategic planning and ability to accomplish our goals are non-existent.

And the refs are killing us!

:toilet: Feel free...

@:D

Agree 100% with stats regarding injuries as number 1....& not overly big on stats as most tbh...
but still feel a lack of energy at present in the players who do take the field, I have seen many worse Manly teams on paper - play with far more enthusiasm....maybe its a host of things led by injury & not understanding each others roles & new team structures, or Trent needs to borrow Brown from Newcastle for a face slapping session....

When you check through the NRL team lists you'll see how those at the top of the ladder have been spared from injuries/unavailabilities. At my count:
Cowboys have no injuries. Brisbane just 1 injured player. Sharks 2, Panthers (2), Raiders (2)...
at the other end: Manly has 8 players listed - the highest. Next worst affected is Newcastle with 7. Storm continues to defy and also has 7 players injured, yet they are in 3rd place. Say what you like about Bellemy but his results are extraordinary over many seasons.
Storm continues to defy and also has 7 players injured, yet they are in 3rd place. Say what you like about Bellemy but his results are extraordinary over many seasons.
The moral of the story is ...........
There are ordinary coaches and extraordinary coaches .

Bellamy had about 200 yrs as assistant at brisbane and was well and truly ready, and has implemented a professional and simple system where the interchageable parts (ie players) know the job inside out.

Barrett is like a work experience kid in comparison.

Oh and melbourne cheated too :)

How many of our players have played in all 10 rounds so far this season? From memory, I think the only ones have been Lyon, Walker, Myles and Vave. It's pretty damn hard to get any kind of consistency when we are constantly having to change our team, especially the backline.

I just had a look at rugbyleagueproject.com - it has the games played until round 9 - the Cowboys have 15 players that have played every game. Brisbane have 11. Melbourne have 10. Cronulla have 12. The current top 4. Injuries ruin seasons, it's that simple.

"Injuries ruin seasons, it's that simple."

injuries & dud coaches .... its that simple

How many of our players have played in all 10 rounds so far this season? From memory, I think the only ones have been Lyon, Walker, Myles and Vave. It's pretty damn hard to get any kind of consistency when we are constantly having to change our team, especially the backline.

I just had a look at rugbyleagueproject.com - it has the games played until round 9 - the Cowboys have 15 players that have played every game. Brisbane have 11. Melbourne have 10. Cronulla have 12. The current top 4. Injuries ruin seasons, it's that simple.

And, they were not taken into account when Toovey was shown the door...

If the owners felt that we needed a new coach then so be it.
I just don't understand why they didn't choose someone who already had the runs on the board.
Trent is probably the nicest bloke in the world I just don't think it was a wise decision to invite him to do his apprenticeship at Manly.

The simple truth is last week against the Broncos we fielded a experienced quality and competitive team but the Barrett coached Sea eagles were not competitive and we were demoralized by 5 tries to 1.
A competitive coach would have at least made us competitive .
Its that simple

20 Tom Trbojevic
2 Matthew Wright
3 Jamie Lyon (c)
11 Lewis Brown
5 Brayden Wiliame
6 Dylan Walker
7 Daly Cherry-Evans
17 Siosaia Vave
9 Matt Parcell
10 Nate Myles
14 Blake Leary
12 Martin Taupau
13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange
8 Darcy Lussick
15 Addin Fonua-Blake
16 Brenton Lawrence
18 Tom Symonds

The injuries, short turn arounds, lack of combinations etc are just excuses.

We have a good roster and should be in the top 8. Its far from over yet however a finish outside the top 8 should be deemed by the club as a failure.

A bottom 4 finish should be seen as unacceptable considering we haven't finished that far down the table since 2003/2004 and Geoff Toovey who took us to three consecutive top 4 finishes and one ninth place was sacked due to lack of results.

Injuries and a host of new players all still working out combinations. Barret is a rookie coach and certainly is still trying to work out the best team and have the players work at training to build combinations and work on weak areas but still has so much work to be done. We are making simple errors, and not competing hard enough. no intent in what we do.When we make errors we don't try and fire up to fix them on the field. there is no on filed leader either. The 1,6,7 and 9 are not working at all together. It will take some yet. 2017 will start to look better. I still think we need 4-5 more signings and get rid of a whole host of under performing players and ones that are past their best for us to be a competitive top 4 side. Some of the suggestions in the 2017 team look good if we can snare some big name players. we will have the cash. Just need to convince the right players to sign and keep building. Its a new era and we have to look past the last 10 years and build now to be competitive for the next 10.

• 🤝
Reactions: mbe
When a coach is supported via unlimited resources and money this alone can give them an advantage.

Bellamy and Bennett can snap their fingers and get anything they want. Bennett failed at Newcastle because he did not have the unlimited resources/funds etc. Would Bellamy have any impact at the Knights if you put him there now, with their current supports, team etc, probably not.

I think we have had coaches at Manly that have defied the odds for the ones that have succeeded, we don't have unlimited money and access to first class facilities and the ability to have an endless supply of support staff.

The NRL is not an even playing field and there are far too many variables that go into what makes a coach/team successful. And Bellamy and Bennett (among others) apart from their unlimited resources also have ways to get around the rules for their advantage.

However, if you have a rookie coach like we do, with limited support from management and coaching staff like we do and with limited money like we do, it makes things incredibly challenging before the season has even kicked off.

When a coach is supported via unlimited resources and money this alone can give them an advantage.

Bellamy and Bennett can snap their fingers and get anything they want. Bennett failed at Newcastle because he did not have the unlimited resources/funds etc. Would Bellamy have any impact at the Knights if you put him there now, with their current supports, team etc, probably not.

I think we have had coaches at Manly that have defied the odds for the ones that have succeeded, we don't have unlimited money and access to first class facilities and the ability to have an endless supply of support staff.

The NRL is not an even playing field and there are far too many variables that go into what makes a coach/team successful. And Bellamy and Bennett (among others) apart from their unlimited resources also have ways to get around the rules for their advantage.

However, if you have a rookie coach like we do, with limited support from management and coaching staff like we do and with limited money like we do, it makes things incredibly challenging before the season has even kicked off.
Bozo bought in his protege Baz and gave him Cartwright as a backup. Game plans are not apparent so far.@:cool:

Baz is fully supported by management and their mouthpiece to boot. No whiteanting so far.@:mad:

Bozo recruited a 'dream team' 5 years ahead of schedule were the headlines we had in February. None of these are better than the players who were tapped, so far.:cool:

A brand new Training and Recovery Facility was built. Same rate of injuries so far. Snake is in fact lagging behind his previous recovery times.:confused:

Injuries are an ongoing issue, but the lack of cohesion on field is what is apparent.
So often we see the ball carrier get blinsided by his own runner over shooting him. The last tackle option is rarely executed effectivey. Basically Manly dies with the ball :banghead:

The Club trains together, so there are no excuses for the replacements not to know the Team Structures :mad:

We need a strong leader of our pack because Myles is not it :lightbulb:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7