A record?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
I heard that yesterday was the first time we had kept Drugcastle to 0. And that the 32 we posted on that hapless lot was another record.

What a start to the year with record wins and we are only just warming up baby !!!

Eagles 78 said:
That must be the biggest Nil to a score line at Brookvale Oval since when? Maybe a Roosters game a few years back?

I remember that Roosters game. Fittler was coach and I think the score was 52-0 ?

Didn't we do a number on st merge 61-0 at brookie.

I just googled it and we beat St. George Dragons 61-0 at Brookvale Oval. 3 July 1994

DSM5 said:
I heard that yesterday was the first time we had kept Drugcastle to 0. And that the 32 we posted on that hapless lot was another record.
I heard the same thing. I think the commentary on fox spoke about the score being the first time we've kept the knights to 0.

DSM5 said:

First time held scoreless but we've scored more and had better margins than this one.

Yes first time we have beaten them to nil, but 32 is not largest winning margin. We beat them 50-16 at Newcastle in 07 and 48-10 at Brookie in 04.

We did Penrith 30-0 at home last year. Roosters got touched up twice in a row at Brookie 42-0 and 56-0 in 07/08.

I was at the 61-0 game at Brookie. Was sensational. Best thing was that Brian Smith was coach of the Dragons at the time. Other comments are correct.

I thought we have a lot of room left for improvement in attack but that the defence was superb. We have defended for over two hours with no points against us.

In 1973 we beat the panthers 70-7

Tries: J Mayes 4, A Thompson 3, The Greatest Fulton 2, R Branigan ,M Brown, J Bucknell, I Martin, My mate Zorba scored as well ( God luv him )
G Eadie 14 goals

I was at all those games except the Panthers one. I would have been there but I wasn't born at the time. I know, I know... if I was a true supporter I would have been earlier so I could have gone...

I would be more interested in our record for keeping the opposition scoreless.

I think we are up to 126 min now.

Does anyone know our record & the all time record?

shawn.b said:
I would be more interested in our record for keeping the opposition scoreless.

I think we are up to 126 min now.

Does anyone know our record & the all time record?

Very good question

Does David Middleton troll this site?

BOZO said:

Tries: J Mayes 4, A Thompson 3, The Greatest Fulton 2, R Branigan ,M Brown, J Bucknell, I Martin, My mate Zorba scored as well ( God luv him )
G Eadie 14 goals

and that score was when tries were only worth 3 points. Put the score in today's worth and the scoreline would be 84-8

BOZO said:

G Eadie 14 goals

I was there for that one,half way line,got some big stink eyes from the chocolate soldier fans:p

Dont forget we hold the record for the biggest win in a Grand final when we disgrased, degraded ,dishonored , demolished, shamed and humiliated the storm 40 - nil . Nobody does it better then us Mighty Sea Eagles

midsteyne said:
BOZO said:

G Eadie 14 goals

I was there for that one,half way line,got some big stink eyes from the chocolate soldier fans:p

This was my first ever Manly game, amazing to be there that day, I was just 18.

Did the knights even look like scoring a try yesterday. I recall 1 break but the hooker passed way too early to Boyd who muffed it. They didn't attack our line much but when they did they had no idea what to do. It was obliteration by defense yesterday. I haven't seen too many do what we did in a number of years. They got absolutely pummelled yesterday.

Canteen Worker said:
I was at the 61-0 game at Brookie. Was sensational. Best thing was that Brian Smith was coach of the Dragons at the time. Other comments are correct.

I thought we have a lot of room left for improvement in attack but that the defence was superb. We have defended for over two hours with no points against us.

This was my daughter's first Manly game, first RL game. She loved it!

From memory, St George may have been favourites to win that day as well.

Mark from Brisbane said:
midsteyne said:
BOZO said:

G Eadie 14 goals

This was my first ever Manly game, amazing to be there that day, I was just 18.

I went to the match on the train, it took me hours to get there, AND listened to FRANK HYDE commentary on the radio 2SM. "Its long enough, its high enuff, if its straight its there . . .Its straight between the posts !".
When the ads were on, i remember switching to 2KA - the Katoomba radio station, that i'm sure no longer exists. I was 15.
could've sworn Wombat scored a try that day.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4