A Stellar Year for the Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's ok because we have such a well thought out plan for success and we can all see the light at the end of the tunnel.
The owners and CEO have our full support because they are so open with the fans and members, they make us proud regardless of a temporary form slump.

STRONGER TOGETHER

It's not just on the field. As a paying member, I have no idea or confidence around our long-term plan. Will our stadium get renovated or not. Will we be playing at Allianz or not. Will there be a mix of games at Brookvale and Allianz, etc, etc. It's demoralizing as a fan not knowing whether we have a long-term future in the game at Brookvale.

Success comes at a price . Manly being one of the most successful clubs of the past 10+ years
Des leaving was the trigger . Toovs being left with back ended contracts , Dysfunctional board then resulted in playing group fractured with player retention , No real money to build the team with 1/2 ass purchaser's for Toov's to try and build a team . Then his sacking .
This has been coming . can only ride on the back of success for so long and now we are in the rebuilding stage but should have started with a experienced coach not a rookie
I have come to the conclusion it will be longer that i first thought . from my point of view the rebuild was still done 1/2 arsed and will suffer from that
i'll accept injuries have played a part but its not the real reason behind it all

If you look at the ladder upside down we are still a top 4 club.
But seriously, if you never have to fight to get the top, how can you truly appreciate the glory of victory.
We are in a major renewal phase, Manly is never down for long. Some fans are handling adversity with class, others come across as spoilt brats, I want it Now, waahhh!!

If you look at the ladder upside down we are still a top 4 club.
But seriously, if you never have to fight to get the top, how can you truly appreciate the glory of victory.
We are in a major renewal phase, Manly is never down for long. Some fans are handling adversity with class, others come across as spoilt brats, I want it Now, waahhh!!
Well they can only go on what the owners tell them.

I still have to agree with @COMMANDER it isn't a stellar year by any stretch of the imagination , but some of the comments above are spot on, Rome wasn't built in a day!!

I'm still thinking ( and nothing I've seen has changed this) that we are in year 1 of a 5 year plan, wether Twenty is still here in 5 years is debatable though.

We will lose a few, gain a few and bring a few up in 2017 but I'm really not expecting a top 8 finish until 2018, where I think we'll be about 7th/8th.

2019 we will be up there again but maybe not Grand Finalists.

2020/21 is probably our next big chance.

See how my predictions go!!

Laughing Stock commenced Octobet 2011 with Haslergate.

If you believe the rumours haven't scraped the surface yet.

That season was a joke. Hoppa signed during origin and Hasler was signed around end of regular season.

Last edited:
Some quick math across the Manly NRL, NSW Cup and Holden Cup teams combining wins and losses of the three teams.

8 Wins
30 Losses
PD - 383

NRL third last
NSW Cup second last
Holden Cup last

At what point did Manly become a laughing stock?
Well at least things can only improve and we didn't cheat the salary cap and end up third last like parramatta have done for years

Simple. If we make this year look especially bad it will make the five year plan look like it's coming together when next year when we are only 'bad' as opposed to 'abhorrent' this year ;)

Goes something like this:
Year -

1) abhorrent
2) bogey
3) Par
4) Birdie
5) Sea Eagle

How many threads can say the same thing! **** happens and it happens at every football club, even the great ones..They are generally run by football people or those interested in football and not tactical geniuses.The rocky ride makes success even sweeter.Tell me a club that hasn't endured a so called crisis at some time.

Look at the clubs most consider to have the greatest history and importance in this country in both leading codes over a long period. Manly Dogs Souths Roosters Broncos Essendon Hawthorn Collingwood - no team ever dominates for decades. And it is nigh on impossible in the salary cap era. Outside of the Broncos our club has probably been the most consistent with a GF win every decade since the 70s.

We didn't miss the 8 for a decade!!Needs to be a bit of perspective here.

A few choices here.Jump off a bridge, hand in your membership or enjoy the inevitable rocky ride.....if you picked the latter the last 70 years has been sensational.

Last edited:
How many threads can say the same thing! **** happens and it happens at every football club, even the great ones....the rocky ride makes success even sweeter.Tell me a club that hasn't endured a so called crisis at some time.

Look at the clubs most consider to have the greatest history and importance in this country in both leading codes over a long period. Manly Dogs Souths Roosters Broncos Essendon Hawthorn Collingwood - no team ever dominates for decades. And it is nigh on impossible in the salary cap era. Of all of them our club has probably been the most consistent with a GF win every decade since the 70s.

We didn't miss the 8 for a decade!!Needs to be a bit of perspective here.
Exactly!!! Honestly the way some have whinged on here they sound like spoilt children!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4