A tough year for me

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Firstly I don't think anyone will feel sorry for me but this will be one of the most difficult football years I have had in a long time.

As you will know I have retired from full time work and for the first time since 2006 won't be organising the MWTS crew for away games.

AND

Worse still I am heading off with the bride in our new caravan and will be away from the 1st week of April to the end of July AND for much of this period may not be near a TV or where Internet exists!!!

I will however be down for Game 1 V the Storm, so really hoping to catch up (and yes I am going to organise a MWTS get together on game day) with as many as possible.

YES I do have access to the NRL app and YES I do have Foxtel GO, but despite what most people think about 80% of the country doesn't have Internet, 80% of the population do but only about 20% of the country has coverage and where'll I'll be it will be sporadic only.

I will be in Far North Queensland for SOO 3 so once we get to the end of June I'll be right for a while but in the meantime...... wish me luck trying to watch a game!!

But don't cry in your beer too much for me, this isn't work it's all holiday!!

Small price to pay for a good holiday. Where you headed ? up the Cape ?

As long as you are back in civilisation for the GF, the rest of the games you can bluff your way through.

My hearts bleeding mate, I have to watch all games through a stream many of them during work hours

Not a true supporter if you dont devote your life to the Eagles during winter, taking hols with your wife doesn't cut it Mark....

Have fun - sounds great!

The Wheel said:
Not a true supporter if you dont devote your life to the Eagles during winter, taking hols with your wife doesn't cut it Mark....

Have fun - sounds great!
Summer for me. This is going to be an interesting season

Mark from Brisbane said:
Firstly I don't think anyone will feel sorry for me but this will be one of the most difficult football years I have had in a long time.

As you will know I have retired from full time work and for the first time since 2006 won't be organising the MWTS crew for away games.

AND

Worse still I am heading off with the bride in our new caravan and will be away from the 1st week of April to the end of July AND for much of this period may not be near a TV or where Internet exists!!!

I will however be down for Game 1 V the Storm, so really hoping to catch up (and yes I am going to organise a MWTS get together on game day) with as many as possible.

YES I do have access to the NRL app and YES I do have Foxtel GO, but despite what most people think about 80% of the country doesn't have Internet, 80% of the population do but only about 20% of the country has coverage and where'll I'll be it will be sporadic only.

I will be in Far North Queensland for SOO 3 so once we get to the end of June I'll be right for a while but in the meantime...... wish me luck trying to watch a game!!

You are a lucky man Mark. This season you get the luxury of having time to ponder Manly's fortunes without what is often the bitter-sweet (and at times excruciating) privilege of actually watching each moment unfold.

On match days you will find your mind turning occasionally to the question of how the team is faring. With no way to know, your imagination will run wild! Each time you do get access to a snippet of news, or a clip from a match, you will find that keeps bobbing up in your thoughts when you least expect it.

I have found that periods of Manly-deprivation only enhance one's appreciation of the team in the longer term. :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

AND

You are a lucky man Mark. This season you get the luxury of having time to ponder Manly's fortunes without what is often the bitter-sweet (and at times excruciating) privilege of actually watching each moment unfold.

On match days you will find your mind turning occasionally to the question of how the team is faring. With no way to know, your imagination will run wild! Each time you do get access to a snippet of news, or a clip from a match, you will find that keeps bobbing up in your thoughts when you least expect it.

I have found that periods of Manly-deprivation only enhance one's appreciation of the team in the longer term. :)

Same thing happens to Des Hasler since he left. LOL!

See you in CQ during your journey Mark?

I can'y get a clear picture on the radio either but I have started turning the picture off and TV and turning the sound up.
Might work for you,you only need a little imagination and you can have any result,big ,hit or try saving tackle you want
On my way,we have not been beat for 6 years
Worth a try
Go manly

Chip and Chase said:
Small price to pay for a good holiday. Where you headed ? up the Cape ?

As long as you are back in civilisation for the GF, the rest of the games you can bluff your way through.

11,000 Km trip planned, across to Adelaide, Flinders Ranges. up the Centre (Rock and Kings Canyon), across to the Gulf, across to Cairns , relax up that way for about a month, then back inland and home down the middle, three months in total!!

ManlyArmy said:
Didn't you go away last year, and we had a big winning streak while you were away :p

Yep, it was a great winning streak, hope I can do it again for you

Dan said:
My hearts bleeding mate, I have to watch all games through a stream many of them during work hours

WELL.....you would go and live on the other side of the world!!!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
You could buy a satellite phone ?

Have one of those and yes I will at least get the scores due to that!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4