A true miracle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
:lol:

<embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/player.swf" width="450" height="370" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" flashvars="autostart=false&token=450_1188520073" scale="showall" name="index"></embed>

fark cant they see it is a reflection?

Looking at the size of those people I think they would see the holy spirit in their hot dog mustard and the crucifix in their french fries.

Is a total joke. Things like this are what lent support to the critics of Christianity. However, they are idiots involved in every cause. Christianity is all about Jesus - not about Mary - there is a case of belief gone screwy!!!! (ducks to avoid the torrent that will come heading my way!)

Is a total joke. Things like this are what lent support to the critics of Christianity. However, they are idiots involved in every cause. Christianity is all about Jesus - not about Mary - there is a case of belief gone screwy!!!! (ducks to avoid the torrent that will come heading my way!)

I'm sure Dan's mate Dawson will claim them as the archetype Christian. :stupid:

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

I'm sure Dan's mate Dawson will claim them as the archetype Christian. :stupid:
[/quote]

No but it will prove his point on gullibility etc and predisposition to believe

No but it will prove his point on gullibility etc and predisposition to believe

Only in the cases of the people in the video.

Other than them, that would just be a blanket statement.

not really fLIP, its like a sample group if you will.

It allows you to show in the most extreme case, meaning that as you trickle down through the more intellectual the pre-disposition becomes less and less.

Chapter 3/4 of THe God Delusion I believe

There's no doubt about pre-disposition to believe in religion.

These people are in a group of their own though.

Who would honestly believe in their faith so much that they are blind enough to stand at a local garage door as the sun sets, chanting over and over again to a reflection?

These people aren't religious, they are insane.

Many fLIP........even some of the most sane people believe in catholic saints and that they performed true miracles in order to be canonized.
What is the difference between seeing something that isn't there and say hearing something that isnt there.

Do a google search on the reasons for some recent canonizations (sainthoods) and the miracles they performed, and well you will see what I mean.

"its like a sample group if you will"
I won't. But then hey, I only took statistics for a year at uni, so maybe your training is better than mine when it comes to that.

To be perfectly honest, I agree that they're idiots for believing that it's Mary. Unfortunately, neither you, nor I, nor anyone on this forum know exactly what the mean educational level of those people is. We're just guessing. Plus, your 'sample group' is what? A sample group of "people within driving distance of a single area that believe in God AND in apparitions". Unfortunately your 'sample group' is really not that at all because it isn't random.

If you like, I can point you to some VERY intelligent people that work at the Vatican to show you that "the more intellectual the pre-disposition becomes more and more".

Statistics is hard at the best of times Daniel and unfortunately this incident is not one of those. We have no idea about the educational level of those people or even the circumstances of them being there! Who knows, we might be looking at a 'sample group of people that are willing to feign believing for $50 and the possibility of being on the news'!

Using Dan's logic, does that mean every Manly supporter is a total dimwit, because a cursory glance on MWSE forums indicates this???

That is the logical conclusion based on anecdotal evidence.!!

No because that is not using my logic CW. You seem to lack the functioning within to truly understand what I said.

never mind.

Essentiall though it is a window to an extreme case..........

Do not try to use my logic against me, when my tool is sharper than yours in that regard

We had to go through this same **** in Coogee a couple of years ago when a old fence post on the headland cast a shadow in the evening sun that some clowns decided was a silhouette of the Virgin Mary. The crowds would flock in to witness this "miracle".

The things you see when you haven't got a WMD.

No because that is not using my logic CW. You seem to lack the functioning within to truly understand what I said.

never mind.

Essentiall though it is a window to an extreme case..........

Do not try to use my logic against me, when my tool is sharper than yours in that regard
Like a cult leader you seem to be the only one who has the functioning to understand what you are trying to say. (You have found a populist and angry book that supports your world view as well.)
:wall: :wall:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6