A way to move forward.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Emotions have been out of control on here since last Friday and finger pointing and the blame game has been very much in vogue not just on here but let’s be honest even at a board level. The one thing that is crystal clear is that at the moment our NRL club MWSE or the franchise as Vidmar succinctly put it has a board structure that is not only dysfunctional but its toxic. Rather than play the blame game and be reactive I believe it’s time for our club and board to be proactive and resolve this issue permanently. I am going to keep this post as short as possible but I am going to outline below a few points that I believe we avoid this situation from happening in the future.

1. Redistribution of votes on MWSE board. We all agree the Football Club is an important of a history and an imperative part of protecting our colours, name and local and because of that requires representation on the MWSE board. However we also know the Football club doesn’t have a substantial revenue stream to provide financial resources to MWSE ltd.
The leagues club on the other hand has and does provide financial resources to MWSE Ltd and over time will increase its shareholding and for that reason I would propose that one Board member is removed from the Football Club and added to the Leagues Club. That can be easily done and I will explain below.

2. Bob Reilly stands down from the football club board and is replaced by Peter Peters who then becomes the football clubs representative on the MWSE Board. I’ve stated elsewhere why it’s important for Zorba to be on the both the Football Club and MWSE board.

3. With an Additional place left on the Board for the Leagues Club Bob Reilly can either fill that and leave Peter Spray there with him or remove Peter and shift Melinda Gainsford-Taylor ( I’m assuming you don’t have to be on the organisations board to be their representative on MWSE Board.

These changes would go a long way towards removing the perceived factional power struggles it would also see the Leagues Club board and the football board as being truly independent of each other.

The only other thing I would like to see over the time and I think it may happen is Penn Health buy out Surfside's shareholding in the business even then with their 4 votes they will not get their 5 – 2 required to even consider moving the club away from Brookvale there’s a few other things I would like to see happened but I’ll save that for another post.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7