A welcome change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Slide

Reserve Grader
It was remarkable the amount of positive press and admiration MWSE received in the week leading to the GF. Recognition of an excellent season, quality interviews with the players, analysis of the success Toovey has brought out of the team & more. It was only a week but I just wanted to point it out & say that I liked it. Back to regular programming now.

Many people I have spoken to SINCE the GF have expressed respect for Manly. We are going to have a large number of extra fans as a result of the 2013 campaign.

Several people have commented to me that they were impressed with the way our players dealt with the result. Gutsy play and good sportsmanship. And impressed with Foran and Cherry-Evans. Those guys are truly going to be big-time fan-magnets.

Maybe that's what threw the players off. All this positive press messed with their heads!

But I hope the membership team can make good use of the positive vibes about Manly and rack up even more members.

I was surprised to see the Manly Players walk up to the Easts Players (once Easts had finished celebrating with all their Fans in the NW corner) and shake hands.

It took a lot of composure to gather themselves, especially for Choc, Foz and Wolfie, and go up and shake hands - like it was a normal season game.:angel:

I was trying to think of the other GFs where this has happened, and I can not recall anyone but the losing Coach congratulating the winning Coach in the past.

The Media, unsurprisingly, did not detail the level of support for Manly at the ground. It was at least 50-50, but more likely 60-40 Manly to Easts people cheering and booing.

So well done to those 'non-travelling' Manly Supporters who paid the 100% increased ticket price and turned up to support a dedicated but battered Manly against the Minor Premiers :heart:

It was indeed admirable that many manly fans travelled to attend more than 1 final, some went to all 4! A significant expenditure required to go to multiple finals. The cliche that we don't travel will however no doubt continue.

I have always believed that if you are to be a true winner, you need to lose with dignity, our guys gave it all and were just short in the end.

This team oozes class and we have a culture that ensures that we will be right up there again next season and seasons to come.

Sadly all the positive press will be forgotten by the Media come March 2014. It will be. " back to normal transmission" then.

Manly fans don't travel
Team we love to hate

Blah blah blah

NO ONE LIKES US WE DONT CARE

Not since 1978 has a Manly side earned more admiration than this team and it is well deserved.

They played a series of grueling matches against big packs and came up just short in the end.

Tooves and Killer were composed in the press conference and didn't make an issue of what was, at best, a questionable refereeing display from the tanned one. I hope that privately the team uses this as motivation for next year.

I hope the boys sensed the support. I'm pretty sure they did.

True Mark, it's temporary. But I liked it while it lasted - it's nice to see a paper lying around at work full of articles I'd like to read.

And our team show their class without making a big deal about it (most of the time anyway). I like that too. Good sports, team players.

I was so proud to be a Manly supporter after that game. Our guys were gracious in losing, as I am sure they just wanted to punch something, I know I did. :(
Seeing them at the Club after the game, they were so disappointed, but thanked everyone for their support. The guys can hold their heads high and we will go one better in 2014.
This myth that Manly fans don't travel, the Media really need to let this one go. We come from everywhere.
Oh and I did get a Choc and Daly hug. :)

This will be a great opportunity for the Manly club to massively increase membership in the new year. I have never heard so many neutrals tell me how great a game the grand final was and how great Manly played.
Hopefully Beaver is part of a big campaign to sign up new members!.
I will be part of the new wave of signing for new year so they have +1 already :)

NYEagle

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6