A welcome to all of our new members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I wanted to welcome all of our new members, and hope that you each enjoy spending time here, and over time feel like you are part of the site.

For those that are completely new to the site, Silvertails has been around for around 5 or more years now (I don't even remember how long).

We like to foster a free and open environment here, and in turn hope that this helps to give all of us a sense of ownership over the site. In fact, we tend to ask your opinions before doing much around here :)

I also know that when you first come to this site, it can be a little difficult to get past the "regulars' that have all been here from the beginning. You'll find that we all like to take the piss out of each other and everyone and you should all know that 99.9% of everything here is said in jest and please do not take anything to heart.

The "karma" and smiting is a bit of fun, please don't take it seriously, you may have a negative karma count, even though you have only posted a hello message :) just laugh it off and smite back....

I also know that finding your way around this site can often be a little daunting and difficult, I can't even remember all the nooks and crannies and often get reminded of them only when they aren't working and I have people asking me what is going on.

if you are having problems with any part of the site, either PM me or use the feedback and suggestions forum. Also let me know any suggestions you may have to enhance the experience on the site for you and everyone

Please feel free to join in the discussion, everyone's opinions are valid or they wouldn't be held and they are all worthy of being shared.

If you have a news article you want to share, or even want to have a crack at writing your own article, please login via the top menu and then click the big "Submit Article" image (it is that big for a reason)

When doing so, if the article is from elsewhere please place the link or the source in the article and/or author field so that we can publish that. If it is your own, awesome, we love new content and we love contributions. (Wheel has been a bit slack what with all the kids he has now, and we haven't had an Ex-player profile for a while). We could even do with current player profiles too. It is ok to be fun and make light in your articles and content too.

There is plenty to do and lots of people to share with here, so join up introduce yourself in the soon to be create "Introduction and welcome forum" and join in the fun.

Oh you will also see some odd insider jokes sometimes, feel free to ask about them but the ones you most often see are

"5th" - this has been my ongoing prediction for our finishing spot for years, and last year it finally came true.

"YART" - this stands for Yet Another Ryan Team, once upon a time, he use to come out daily with random team selections and imaginings, if you have a team lineup, call it a YART and people will know immediately what you mean

There are a few others. Just remember we like to have fun and the site is about fun and talking about our beloved Sea Eagles.

We have a presence on Facebook, which Matabele will share the link and every few games I post live twitter updates of the games. I will finish re-adding those to the site shortly.

Also some things wont be working on the site at the moment, we just moved to a new Server overnight, and we are still getting everything back up and running.

Welcome & enjoy

Dan

Hi I'm Kingyfan and I love all things Jason. 

On this site we don't tolerate anyone calling Jason princess or bagging his 5 hit ups and 15 metre gains.  Punishment for such an offence will be swift and severe. 

In addion to yarts we also have farts - **** another ryan team. 

Enjoy your time hear but remember - no critisism of jason King will be accepted. 

kingyfan link said:
Hi I'm Kingyfan and I love all things Jason. 

On this site we don't tolerate anyone calling Jason princess or bagging his 5 hit ups and 15 metre gains.  Punishment for such an offence will be swift and severe. 

In addion to yarts we also have farts - **** another ryan team. 

Enjoy your time hear but remember - no critisism of jason King will be accepted. 
,,... hahaha  kingys got no immunity if he plays like an old lady he will be  criticised just like the rest of them..lol

gday from mudgeagle as a lifelong manly supporter , 3rd generation ,just want to say thanks to the people behind this site ,  being from the country and working shiftwork (when manly are not playing )its  great to have somewhere to go and have a laugh and enjoy all things manly ...was dirty when manly shut there forum down but this seems bigger and more people so hopefully we can all sit back and enjoy the ride to the grand final .....

welcome mudeagle. I am also regional and since moving out of Sydney this site has really become my lifeline for all things Manly

You newbys will also from time to time come across discussions regarding certain players who continally get picked week after week in the top team when their form does not warrant it.

The players are usually referred to as having the photos of des and the goat. ? It is not know exactly where these photos originated from but one thought is that willo must have been handy with his camera.

hahah I forgot about the goat photo's

Willo seems to be the first holder, though Chad Randall had a fair stab too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4