A worrying trend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
[img=400x151]http://lookpic.com/d2/i2/724/imLwHBsQ.jpeg[/img]

V Titans
1st quarter 12 - 6
2nd quarter 4 - 6
3rd quarter 6 - 0
4th Quarter 0 -12

or simplified
points scored
1st halves in 2010 = 128
2nd halves in 2010 = 44

points conceded
1st halves in 2010 = 22
2nd halves in 2010 = 76

We're coming out of the blocks well, but if we can't blow the side away we run out of puff.  I don't think it is fitness, more we're using 60% of petrol in the first half.

What is happening is that we are taking on teams who come out of the blocks defending at 110% but we are turning that against them as soon as they slip. That puts them on the back foot.

However when we stop and think we have it won we start playing into their hands as we will all take that one step backwards in defense.

How do we fix it?

TBH it will sorts itself. We are playing as a well drilled football team, but when the game plan breaks down things start to go awry. That gets fixed by playing more games together, and that's all we need. I will excuse tonight. We got dudded by a few calls tonight and out grubbed by a grubby team, but had we played the likes of the knights last week, that game would be very different

Eeergh - I'm frustrated.....I'm off to have a whack to relieve the tension. Night guys.

The optimist in me says Des is working to a similar plan as in 2008. Had a slow start, peaking after SOO and then tapered off towards the end and then boom a month before the finals. I hoping that's how it goes anyway.

Maybe someone should check what they are putting in the Gatorade at halftime. Or maybe they are forgetting to mix the Red Bull with the Stillnox. Really has been a tale of two halves this year, we do seem to lose our way towards the back end of games.

We all noticed how much the team was dropping off in Rnd 1 & 2 when Ballin left the field for Seu Seu.

I think that we have to scrutinize Bailey in the same light. He's generally coming on towards the end of the game & should be tightening up our defence in the middle of the field but just isn't doing it. Rodney looks a lot more solid out there, maybe think about playing him for the full 80?

What is the point of having Bailey and Buhrer on the bench if Des isn't going to use them. I think someone said we only used 6 interchanges last night, if true that is ridiculous. We can't expect every forward to play 80 minutes, as it is Ballin, Gift and Choc are basically out there for the whole game now. I haven't noticed Bailey's defence being particularly bad, Watmough definitely drops off more tackles than Bailey.

SilentBob link said:
The optimist in me says Des is working to a similar plan as in 2008. Had a slow start, peaking after SOO and then tapered off towards the end and then boom a month before the finals. I hoping that's how it goes anyway.
I think it is something like that, Des wants us spot on in September not April. A Melbourne Cup preparation. I think Des's demeanour at the press conference belied his satisfaction in our form, though obviously disappointed he was far from shattered. Back under the radar for a week.

It's either that or he is sending the players to sleep with his half time pep talks. I guess you can't break doors every week.

Where is the impetus to absolutely smash a team and than laugh at them afterwards. We have the speed, power and talent to do it. I guess we're just lacking in the brains at the moment.

A 40-0 result in our favour is long overdue.

He hoo lars lasr las loudest or something.

[edit]
I meant, 'he who last laughs last loudest'. oh I give up

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8