According to Zorba...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Forwards and world class forwards. Hope Hodgkinson isnt considered world class

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    787.1 KB · Views: 112
LOSS OF FORAN, DCE SHATTERING BUT FORWARDS THE FOCUS

HOW do explain to your five-year-old son or daughter that their favourite players are leaving the Sea Eagles NEXT season?

There is something drastically wrong with a sport which allows the excitement of a new season to be drowned in months of speculation and eventual departure of one and possibly two young superstars before Manly have played ONE home match in 2015.

It has been a dismal week for the Sea Eagles, with a second-half blowout against Parramatta in the opening round followed immediately by the announcement that halfback Daly CherryEvans was joining the Gold Coast Titans on a four-year $5 million deal.

Just when fans, teammates, sponsors and staff learn the No. 7 is out the door a media leak revealed what we all suspected – that Kieran Foran would most likely join the recent exodus of Manly juniors to the Parramatta Eels.

So our great club is in crisis again after a decade of amazing success. Guess what? We have rebuilt before and can do it again. No player is irreplaceable. Penrith are a recent shining example of that.

They offloaded international juniors in Michael Jennings and Luke Lewis amid howls of protests from fans and embarked on a fiveyear rebuild.

They finished one game short of the big dance last year and showed that with astute buying and a structured junior system they can be a force.

The Sea Eagles will have a hefty war chest to start the rebuilding and, while the halves are leaving, the rebuilding must start in the forwards.

Last Friday’s game against Parramatta proved that. Cherry-Evans and Foran struggled to make an impact while Corey Norman and Chris Sandow exploded on the back of their forwards’ dominance.

The loss of forwards such as Glenn Stewart, Anthony Watmough, Brent Kite and Darcy Lussick is hitting home. Manly will have the necessary cash to not only shore up the forward strength but also bring in two world-class halves.

TRBOJEVIC A STAR

I RAN into Parramatta recruitment manager Peter Sharp and Parramatta director of football Daniel Anderson after the Eels beat Manly 42-12.

And all they wanted to talk about was the Sea Eagles’ teenage fullback star Tom Trbojevic.

The tall youngster showed the benefit of an off season in the full-time squad with a blitzing of the Eels in a fourtry, three-try assist display n the Holden Cup (under20s). Sharp described the display as “awesome” and said Manly had a replacement for Brett Stewart when the Snake decided to call it a day sometime in the future.

The performance reminded me of Stewart at the same age, soon after joining the club from Wests in Wollongong.

BATTEN DOWN HATCHES

IN CASE you didn’t know, there is a blockbuster of a game at 7pm tonight at Brookvale Oval against the Melbourne Storm.

A wounded Manly will be looking to wipe out the memory of a tough week with a good performance against Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk and company.

getimage.aspx
getimage.aspx

Genuine fans get a chance to support the Sea Eagles when they need it most.

The patronizing last line is is so in keeping with Z and the deserting Players viewpoint of the value of Fans.
So far they have all stated as playing for their families and mates and not their Club or Club Fans@:cool:

BTW How is Choc and Lussick a loss:wondering:

HOW do explain to your five-year-old son or daughter that their favourite players are leaving the Sea Eagles NEXT season?

There is something drastically wrong with a sport which allows the excitement of a new season to be drowned in months of speculation and eventual departure of one and possibly two young superstars before Manly have played ONE home match in 2015.

It has been a dismal week for the Sea Eagles, with a second-half blowout against Parramatta in the opening round followed immediately by the announcement that halfback Daly CherryEvans was joining the Gold Coast Titans on a four-year $5 million deal.

Just when fans, teammates, sponsors and staff learn the No. 7 is out the door a media leak revealed what we all suspected – that Kieran Foran would most likely join the recent exodus of Manly juniors to the Parramatta Eels.

So our great club is in crisis again after a decade of amazing success. Guess what? We have rebuilt before and can do it again. No player is irreplaceable. Penrith are a recent shining example of that.

They offloaded international juniors in Michael Jennings and Luke Lewis amid howls of protests from fans and embarked on a fiveyear rebuild.

They finished one game short of the big dance last year and showed that with astute buying and a structured junior system they can be a force.

The Sea Eagles will have a hefty war chest to start the rebuilding and, while the halves are leaving, the rebuilding must start in the forwards.

Last Friday’s game against Parramatta proved that. Cherry-Evans and Foran struggled to make an impact while Corey Norman and Chris Sandow exploded on the back of their forwards’ dominance.

The loss of forwards such as Glenn Stewart, Anthony Watmough, Brent Kite and Darcy Lussick is hitting home. Manly will have the necessary cash to not only shore up the forward strength but also bring in two world-class halves.

TRBOJEVIC A STAR

I RAN into Parramatta recruitment manager Peter Sharp and Parramatta director of football Daniel Anderson after the Eels beat Manly 42-12.

And all they wanted to talk about was the Sea Eagles’ teenage fullback star Tom Trbojevic.

The tall youngster showed the benefit of an off season in the full-time squad with a blitzing of the Eels in a fourtry, three-try assist display n the Holden Cup (under20s). Sharp described the display as “awesome” and said Manly had a replacement for Brett Stewart when the Snake decided to call it a day sometime in the future.

The performance reminded me of Stewart at the same age, soon after joining the club from Wests in Wollongong.

BATTEN DOWN HATCHES

IN CASE you didn’t know, there is a blockbuster of a game at 7pm tonight at Brookvale Oval against the Melbourne Storm.

A wounded Manly will be looking to wipe out the memory of a tough week with a good performance against Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Cooper Cronk and company.

getimage.aspx
getimage.aspx

The patronizing last line is is so in keeping with Z and the deserting Players viewpoint of the value of Fans.
So far they have all stated as playing for their families and mates and not their Club or Club Fans@:cool:

Cheers Mate :)

Manly must ensure that Tom T is signed to a long term contract. The club can start to re-build. We need to get our act together first and the author of this article needs to understand as well that the I does not fit into team. For too long there has been a campaign to leak information to the media and undermine the club.

It is time for everyone to work together for the future of the club, the back biting must cease!

Manly must ensure that Tom T is signed to a long term contract. The club can start to re-build. We need to get our act together first and the author of this article needs to understand as well that the I does not fit into team. For too long there has been a campaign to leak information to the media and undermine the club.

It is time for everyone to work together for the future of the club, the back biting must cease!
Just like DCE and Foran TomT was offered more by other clubs to leave our club but unlike DCE and Foran Tom T decided to stay for less money and that is a fact .

Its alright for Zorba 2 say we have the cash 2 bring in 2 world class halves but I don't see 2 world class halves on the market.
Tom T is only signed for next season (if I recall correctly) so we are going 2 have 2 put up with his contract talk all off season unless we up his money and extend him now that would be good news. No matter who see's him from what club all say he is a star we cannot stuff up and lose him.

Its alright for Zorba 2 say we have the cash 2 bring in 2 world class halves but I don't see 2 world class halves on the market.
Tom T is only signed for next season (if I recall correctly) so we are going 2 have 2 put up with his contract talk all off season unless we up his money and extend him now that would be good news. No matter who see's him from what club all say he is a star we cannot stuff up and lose him.
Well, we have a spare mill or so for next year

Stewart's deal is up after 2016 by which time Tom should be ready.

Snake can play til he is 40. He has earned that right. However, Tom T would benefit from several games this year on the wing and then a full year next year to ease him in. Either way, sign him up right now for 10 years!

No there is a point with guys who rely on speed where they have it one day and it's gone the next, never to return. I personally doubt that Snake wants to stay beyond what he's contracted for so it will probably resolve itself that way...

TRBOJEVIC A STAR

BATTEN DOWN HATCHES

getimage.aspx
getimage.aspx

Lawl, exactly. Keep giving us money, no matter how poorly the club and players treat you. Anyway, regardless of how I feel, I'll keep buying that season ticket, just to do my part.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8