Acknowledging the Fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Premium Member
Tipping Member
There was a Tigers fan on the BSB this morning saying how disappointed he was the Tigers players didn't acknowledge the fans last night after the game.
He was there with about 20 kids from the footy team he coaches. He said the kids were there with banners and yelling all night in recognition of Farrahs 200th and Benji's last game at Campbelltown.
He said that it would have made the kids night to just have some sort of acknowledgement from the players.
And I've got to say I agree. It's means the world to the little kids, and the big kids, for the players to do a quick lap high fiving the crowd before they head off to the sheds. I know they have just played 80 mins & are busted, but alot of people travel alot of hours to see their heros play, and I think it would be a great PR exercise to acknowledge the supporters after the game, whether it is a home or away game.
They seem to be able to hang around on the field for 5 minutes chatting about their week with the opposition before they head off, spend this time with the fans instead.

And on another note, how good was it to hear TK give us a massive rap and take the piss out of Ricky. It was awesome. He basically acknowledged Horo and the transformation he had made since coming to Manly, from someone who couldn't make the top grade at Parra to being a star in the pack at Manly. And I quote, "at Manly, a top 3 team". He then made some comment about some coaches having their eyes painted on. Heaps funny. Love your work TK.

The problem with this is the media commitments for players immediately after the game. At the moment we are rushed off the field to meet NRL requirements.

This has been raised at NRL level and we are hopeful we can get some flexibility so the players can thank the fans who have made the huge effort to get out in the cold to cheer on their team.

Clint said:
And on another note, how good was it to hear TK give us a massive rap and take the piss out of Ricky. It was awesome. He basically acknowledged Horo and the transformation he had made since coming to Manly, from someone who couldn't make the top grade at Parra to being a star in the pack at Manly. And I quote, "at Manly, a top 3 team". He then made some comment about some coaches having their eyes painted on. Heaps funny. Love your work TK.

TK is a dick.

Larissa said:
The problem with this is the media commitments for players immediately after the game. At the moment we are rushed off the field to meet NRL requirements.

This has been raised at NRL level and we are hopeful we can get some flexibility so the players can thank the fans who have made the huge effort to get out in the cold to cheer on their team.

The NRL seem to do a good job of forgetting that the fans are an important piece of the puzzle in making the game viable. Sure it's nice to see interviews etc on the TV, but it is rare that I watch them right away, and would prefer to see the kids meeting their heros as they run around the ground than talk to a TV personality and hear them repeat "Credit to the boys, they hung in there" on repeat

Dan said:
Larissa said:

The NRL seem to do a good job of forgetting that the fans are an important piece of the puzzle in making the game viable. Sure it's nice to see interviews etc on the TV, but it is rare that I watch them right away, and would prefer to see the kids meeting their heros as they run around the ground than talk to a TV personality and hear them repeat "Credit to the boys, they hung in there" on repeat

How can you say that Dan? The NRL have doubled the prices of Grand Final tickets this year. This was done for the fans. :p

I dont understand how all the clubs sit back & watch the new NRL run our game into the ground..
Where is our saviour ? & when is he coming.We need a ex player with brains who LOVES the game & is willing to take the reigns from these muppets who are destroying league....

bones said:
How can you say that Dan? The NRL have doubled the prices of Grand Final tickets this year. This was done for the fans. :p

They did this so they can afford to pay Ricky Martin.

I wasn't going to go and watch Manly win the Premiership in October, but now Ricky Martin is there that should convince me and heaps more popele to go to the footy. :p :p :p

I think the fans run a very far second to any other stakeholder in the NRL.

We may think we are integral to the game but we are not.

What rates highest are:

TV deals
Sponsorship
admin jobs
freebies
The players
Something else
Something else
Lots of other things
Blah
Blah
etc
etc

The fans.

Dan said:
Larissa said:

You are absolutely right. Fortunately the Manly players always do a lap of Brookie after a win. I do think they should do one after avery game, regardless of the result or the venue for that matter. The fan who gets to the match needs to be given a more interactive experience than the couch potato, such as being able to kick a footy after the match and get autographs (or, perhaps, practice some dance moves with the cheer girls). If not, then why pay to go to a match?

The Who said:
Dan said:
Larissa said:
The fan who gets to the match needs to be given a more interactive experience than the couch potato, such as being able to kick a footy after the match and get autographs (or, perhaps, practice some dance moves with the cheer girls). If not, then why pay to go to a match?

Divorce rates would be going through the roof.

Surely not every player in the 17 has media commitments ?? I've rarely see anyone but the same half a dozen players interviewed.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4