Adam Reynolds

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Can someone explain to me wtf Souths are thinking in letting Reynolds walk? Best goal kicker in the comp, best clutch kicker in the comp, takes the ball to line, is so relaxed and calm and provides great direction.
I think he is an outstanding footballer and I just can’t understand why they wouldn’t move heaven and earth to keep him.

Can someone explain to me wtf Souths are thinking in letting Reynolds walk? Best goal kicker in the comp, best clutch kicker in the comp, takes the ball to line, is so relaxed and calm and provides great direction.
I think he is an outstanding footballer and I just can’t understand why they wouldn’t move heaven and earth to keep him.
Honestly, if it is a choice between Reynolds and Cody Walker, I am taking Reynolds every day of the week. And apparently he is going to Cronulla for $800k a year! Cronulla are getting a serious upgrade.

The DCE to Souths is obviously a gee up, but there is a purpose behind it. I can't work out if it is his manager shaking some trees, or a club like the Broncos trying to engineer a scenario where they can talk to him. I might be completely wrong, but I don't think it is being initiated by Manly.

Walker off contract in 2023 they can't afford both. Not saying I agree but this is the reason for the one year deal. Apparently his body is already pretty beat up and they are worried about his longevity also.

So true, he has single handedly been a thorn to the side of Manly for some Rabbitohs wins. He will go good in any team that signs him up.

If we could some how pry him from sharks offer,(say 850k) and get Bris to take Dce on full ,at the same time helping Broncos take money off the books by taking a mid priced up and comer .
I'm in.

Walker off contract in 2023 they can't afford both. Not saying I agree but this is the reason for the one year deal. Apparently his body is already pretty beat up and they are worried about his longevity also.
Spot on. Transition to the next generation playmakers with the next 1-2 yrs allowing for a transition with at least 1 of their current halves - just happens that Walker is the one already signed. If they were to extend Reynolds to 2023, come 2024 they would have their 2 jnrs (I forget their names) without any 1st grade experience. Definitely good future planning, but just like everyone else (in the whole country), I agree that Reynolds would have been the ideal half to stay and help the transition process. I also think Townsend is a great game-manager, very similar to Reynolds, and that Sharks won't see a huge benefit as I think this is a like-for-like swap. Cowboys are the big winners (Townsend and Dearden - though this will be interesting to see how that works as, again, they are very similar style players); Souths will struggle next year with Bennett and Reynolds gone. Also, Shaun Johnson to Broncos will be another fail imo (similar to a Milford/Nikorima: mercurial at their best, but unreliable if they are the sole brains behind the team's movements - Broncs actually need a Reynolds/Townsend/DCE type...but screw them

After all DCE copped by being loyal and staying with Manly over the Titties, you really think he's going to walk away from his contract? Really?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2