Addin Fonua-Blake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Just read that we are looking at signing him, 19yo forward who was sacked by the Dragons at the beginning of the year for alleged assault of his partner

Anybody seen him play ?

maybe the sort of player we need when we play the womens teams. The sort of player the wont take a backward step and stamp his authority. Not so sure about the rest of the games in the year though.

Violence against woman is the one thing I can't stand. Shows how much of a man your not. I'm all for signing the best up and coming players and giving players second chances but hitting woman is simply the lowest act. He is way behind the 8 ball already in my books.

Just read that we are looking at signing him, 19yo forward who was sacked by the Dragons at the beginning of the year for alleged assault of his partner

Anybody seen him play ?
Convicted in April for common assault - so he would be useful if Manly wanted an unsuspecting, small framed player assaulted on the field :mad:

There has to be a character reference added to NRL contracts soon. Watching criminals is unapealing to most :cool:

Next story will be on his religous conversion blah, blah blah :wondering:

I hope we have signed him and give him a chance. judge him on what he does in the next couple of years. I am sure many of you have kids who have made mistakes. If they aren't smart enough to learn from those mistakes and move forward well that is a different story.

If they aren't smart enough to work out that you simply don't hit on women, then what raft of other mistakes are we going to see/find out about.

I don't care how good they are, there are simply lines that sporting clubs need to serious about and remove players on the basis of those actions.

DV, physical or otherwise, is one.

We are continually asked as a code to send a message, so lets get serious. By all means, if they are in the system, support their transition back to regular work. Tee 'em up with a trade, get 'em on a building site or send them back to further education. Just make it clear that they are 5-10 years away from the bright lights of professional sport in this code/country.

If they aren't smart enough to work out that you simply don't hit on women, then what raft of other mistakes are we going to see/find out about.

You think domestic violence is only perpetrated by men who ‘aren’t smart’?

I don't care how good they are, there are simply lines that sporting clubs need to serious about and remove players on the basis of those actions.

DV, physical or otherwise, is one.

You do realise most DV does not get reported?

And for real stars, clubs will go to great lengths to ‘protect their investment’…

All very well to draw a line in the sand but it seems the line you are drawing is cosmetic and has nothing to do with stamping out the conditions under which DV is at epidemic proportions.

I'd be happy if we passed on signing ANYONE coming off a conviction. Happy for guys to get a second chance*, just not at Manly.

*Also that second chance doesn't need to be in the NRL. Go work a normal job so you can see the opportunity you've blown by being a dickhead. Then if you're deemed rehabilitated, get let back into footy. If you do it again though - life ban.

Im sure im not alone in thinking that the anti violence against women movement is missing something. That something is that while violence against women IS wrong its That ALL violence is wrong. To me by banging on about violence against women being wrong is in some way saying that violence against men ( mano a mano / one punch kng hits) is less of an abhorrence than man on women violence. If we were all against violence in all its forms, would that not send a better message that focusing on a particular form of violence?
We must as a society send one (1) strong message that violence is not the answer.

Im sure im not alone in thinking that the anti violence against women movement is missing something. That something is that while violence against women IS wrong its That ALL violence is wrong. To me by banging on about violence against women being wrong is in some way saying that violence against men ( mano a mano / one punch kng hits) is less of an abhorrence than man on women violence. If we were all against violence in all its forms, would that not send a better message that focusing on a particular form of violence?
We must as a society send one (1) strong message that violence is not the answer.
All violence is wrong but as with all things there are degrees of wrongness. I think violence against women/kids is higher up the wronger scale then M/M. Each one is an issue that needs to be addressed as a singular issue. King hits got given special legislative attention to deter drunk ****wits doing it. Domestic violence and violence against kids should again carry separate penalties in line with the lowness of the act.

My preference though is zero tolerance across the board + mandatory sentences but lawmakers lack the cajones for that type of a leap...

All violence is wrong but as with all things there are degrees of wrongness. I think violence against women/kids is higher up the wronger scale then M/M. Each one is an issue that needs to be addressed as a singular issue. King hits got given special legislative attention to deter drunk ****wits doing it. Domestic violence and violence against kids should again carry separate penalties in line with the lowness of the act.

My preference though is zero tolerance across the board + mandatory sentences but lawmakers lack the cajones for that type of a leap...
No I disagree. Are there degrees of being pregnant? And there degrees of being a rapist? The message needs to be ALL VIOLENCE IS WRONG. NO ACCEPTIONS.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4