Addison Demetriou?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Does anyone know or can they confirm that Addison Demetriou is at the club for this season? I saw a report that suggested he was cut by the club. If so that to me is such a shame as he did so well in the Holden cup team last year. I guess thats footy though!

Something about disciplinary reason is what I've heard......... Was a couple of months ago he was told to leave if memory serves me correct?
I'm sure someone will know the full reason on here

Yes, was an attitude problem apparently. Don't think he was buying into the new culture whereby you DON'T eat maccas several times a day...

Barrett likes players who can tackle....not this score a try - let them score a try, which is more Holden cup where the scores are 42 - 34 on average - if he does get a run in the NRL, it will be as an impact runner late in each half.

He is gone I'd heard a while ago.
If it's for Ill-discipline, I'm not surprised. That's the way we got him in the first place. I think we were his 3rd of 4th club already.

He is gone I'd heard a while ago.
If it's for Ill-discipline, I'm not surprised. That's the way we got him in the first place. I think we were his 3rd of 4th club already.
If most of the coaches told there players to tackle the legs he wouldn't have been anywhere near as effective.most of the boys got into trying to outmuscle him to much

I only saw him a few times .. he had T Rex written all over him. Can tear teams apart on his day. I saw some periods when he was on the field but not in the game. High maintenance players have to be very good to be worth the effort and money space.

He may have had a bit of T-Rex in him when running over U/20's centres who can't tackle and he outweighed by 20+ kg, but in the NRL where most players can actually tackle he'd be shown up as an overweight slug.

I think he will go well as a strike player off the bench, but his defence vs young Jennings in the GF shows he needs a lot of work if he is to be a centre.

Its a bit sad really that this kid was let go but I do understand why if it was about discipline. I saw a number of Holden cup games last year and he was without a doubt destructive with the ball as a runner and provided fantastic go forward and on the other side defensively has limitations. I hope the boy sorts things out as he has been through 3 clubs now and surely this has to be his last chance. Shame that the talent he has could be wasted. I just hope that our decision does not bite us one day. As I said thats footy and I cant wait for this season to start.

Wouldn't it be nice to hear factual information from the coach as to recruitment strategy and aims? Why can't he give us fans what sort of players we are looking for, and why? Not feel-good stories about how everyone is training harder than ever etc.
How important does he view local talent.

Wouldn't it be nice to hear factual information from the coach as to recruitment strategy and aims? Why can't he give us fans what sort of players we are looking for, and why? Not feel-good stories about how everyone is training harder than ever etc.
How important does he view local talent.

That is the IP of the club - you can not expect them to say we are planning on X player as we are going to play this way. I am all for more communication from the club but we need to realistic with what we want

Cartwright is in charge of recruitment.

TBH with Addison, we picked him off the scrap heap last year. I think it was via a bit of show case tourney up in Qld. So he was unwanted a year ago too, we just probably got lucky.

He'd need to do a lot of work to make it in the NRL. Like some bush donkey that won a maiden getting a start in a big smoke group race...

Cartwright is in charge of recruitment.

TBH with Addison, we picked him off the scrap heap last year. I think it was via a bit of show case tourney up in Qld. So he was unwanted a year ago too, we just probably got lucky.

He'd need to do a lot of work to make it in the NRL. Like some bush donkey that won a maiden getting a start in a big smoke group race...
In all honesty if your one of the best in the 20s you make nsw and 20s team of the year you are a very good chance of being developed for NRL .problem is if your attitude is wrong no one will develop you

His game is based purely on attack....no doubt he excelled against the flimsy Holden cup defence who on average, concede 30+ points a game.
Fact is, unless you can tackle....well....you will be a red flag at NRL level.
Honestly think if he strips down to allow an improved versatile/lateral movement....he sacrifice's his trump card - that nuggety low built ball of power that shoves his way thru defenders....& also add, that big 110kg NRL players are a different proposition to the 85kg boys he has been skittling...as pointed out by H8 earlier.

His game is based purely on attack....no doubt he excelled against the flimsy Holden cup defence who on average, concede 30+ points a game.
Fact is, unless you can tackle....well....you will be a red flag at NRL level.
Honestly think if he strips down to allow an improved versatile/lateral movement....he sacrifice's his trump card - that nuggety low built ball of power that shoves his way thru defenders....& also add, that big 110kg NRL players are a different proposition to the 85kg boys he has been skittling...as pointed out by H8 earlier.
Understand what your saying maxta.i watched a lot of him last year and he knocks plenty of 100kgs Guys on there arse and usually more than 1 at a time .also think if you can develop Union guys in defence then someone with his aggression wouldn't be to difficult, point I'm making is he must have a serious attitude problem if there not prepared to even give him a go

Understand what your saying maxta.i watched a lot of him last year and he knocks plenty of 100kgs Guys on there arse and usually more than 1 at a time .also think if you can develop Union guys in defence then someone with his aggression wouldn't be to difficult, point I'm making is he must have a serious attitude problem if there not prepared to even give him a go

Knocking 100+ kg guys on their backsides in the U/20's is a much different prospect than a 100+ kg NRL player, especially ones who can tackle. I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to run over some NRL level players, but it wouldn't happen with anywhere near the frequency as it happened in Holden Cup. In the NRL, Demetriou would not play centre unless it was covering for injury (way too slow). And right now NRL forwards would make mince meat of him.

Knocking 100+ kg guys on their backsides in the U/20's is a much different prospect than a 100+ kg NRL player, especially ones who can tackle. I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to run over some NRL level players, but it wouldn't happen with anywhere near the frequency as it happened in Holden Cup. In the NRL, Demetriou would not play centre unless it was covering for injury (way too slow). And right now NRL forwards would make mince meat of him.
Exactly this

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6