Advanced Stat Folks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Interesting on 360 last night they showed a clip of Trent Robinson talking about "post contact metres".

Even more interesting was Tooves saying it was important as it related to ruck speed which is vital. I find that interesting because I think while acknowledging that, we have the worst ruck speed in the NRL.

At least this goes to show that clubs are focusing on advanced metrics.

Toovey should coach the opposite to whatever theory we are currently running with
All comes back to Tooves "pud" theory. Which makes it even more surprising that he was at odds with Gorgeous George.

Toovey should coach the opposite to whatever theory we are currently running with
I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where George (also short & bald) makes every decision opposite to his natural instinct. After 1 week he has a new job, new girlfriend, and his own apartment !
Try it 2V.

I'm reminded of the Seinfeld episode where George (also short & bald) makes every decision opposite to his natural instinct. After 1 week he has a new job, new girlfriend, and his own apartment !
Try it 2V.
Tooves is still eating the tuna sambo

Tough crowd. I have absolutely no doubt that our position on the table has nothing to do with Toovey's coaching capabilities.
We are slow in the ruck. That is down to the players. The only guys who are quick are Matai and a couple of others. Our big forwards and especially Hiku are terrible in this respect.

Last year there was a chorus on here to buy big, beefy forwards so we could match the Dogs' fat brigade. The recruitment team listened, and bought a swag of big boofheads. They are still doing it, with Myles and, reportedly, bargebutt, adding to our packweight.
Now that we have the forward size to match most teams what do I hear? We are too slow. Now there's a surprise.
It's not the forwards who are any slower than most of our opponents it's just that we probably have the slowest backline in the comp. Apart from Snake, who else has the speed to beat a man? Tom Turbo and Gutherson will help, but father time has caught up with several of our one outstanding backs.

Can you post these advanced stats so we can all have a read?

Much appreciated
No source - he just mentioned it in regards to Napa. Metres after contact. Would love to see this stuff if it was available though.

Last year there was a chorus on here to buy big, beefy forwards so we could match the Dogs' fat brigade. The recruitment team listened, and bought a swag of big boofheads. They are still doing it, with Myles and, reportedly, bargebutt, adding to our packweight.
Now that we have the forward size to match most teams what do I hear? We are too slow. Now there's a surprise.
It's not the forwards who are any slower than most of our opponents it's just that we probably have the slowest backline in the comp. Apart from Snake, who else has the speed to beat a man? Tom Turbo and Gutherson will help, but father time has caught up with several of our one outstanding backs.
We've been slow in the play the balls since the back end of the Kitey era.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2