AFB??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Is there anyone on ST who can shed some light on the status of AFB?I have cut the coach as much slack as anyone but to have this guy playing reggies with our forwards struggling to match it is sheer lunacy.Is he injured?

Blind freddy can see this guy could be anything.Picked for City after 2 games....some may laugh.I didn't.This guy will be a star....and probably at another club if we don't pick him.

Also has Liam Knight been cleared to play again??

We could do with some young guns with a bit of passion, and he and Blake would be ready to fire off the bench.......plus of course Vave who is already well established now as a benchie.

Was wondering the same thing myself. He certainly proved himself when given the chance.

I assumed he was being brought along slowly with a view to having something in the tank at the end of the year, as we still have (had?) aspirations to feature at that time of year.
Though I was surprised he wasn't picked against the Raiders, given the power of their pack, and the fact he is already just about our strongest player.

This is the test for Barrett now in my eyes.If we keep playing a conservative style and just throw up the Burgess/Starling solution then he has nailed home his own coffin.

With all these injuries he has the cover to do something different.Make or break time.

This is the test for Barrett now in my eyes.If we keep playing a conservative style and just throw up the Burgess/Starling solution then he has nailed home his own coffin.

With all these injuries he has the cover to do something different.Make or break time.

Perhaps the real test is for Bozo & Zth, I don't think Barrett gets much of a say.

I assumed he was being brought along slowly with a view to having something in the tank at the end of the year, as we still have (had?) aspirations to feature at that time of year.
Though I was surprised he wasn't picked against the Raiders, given the power of their pack, and the fact he is already just about our strongest player.
That is probably the case SE8.But this guy is a monster.If EVER the old adage of "'if you are good enough you are old enough"" applies it is this guy.

I'm sure I read somewhere he was injured. Did he get named in nsw cup this week ?

Also has Liam Knight been cleared to play again??

We could do with some young guns with a bit of passion, and he and Blake would be ready to fire off the bench.......plus of course Vave who is already well established now as a benchie.
Blake was injured in the Broncos game,didn't play the next week in any grade and was in line to play reggies this week but it's been abandoned.Knight came back 2 or 3 weeks ago and has been going alright apparently and has scored 3 tries.Not playing this week may harm their chances of a top grade game but plenty from last night helped them out

Season is on life support so there's no reason not to give AFB and Knight a go. They can't do much worse than what's been served up so far.

Not sure if he's definitely in the long term plans. Usually by the middle of the season, the coaching staff have worked out who they want to keep & who that don't. The ones that aren't are playing in the 2nd's.

Although, in tough times (like now) coaches will err on the side of picking experienced players. Myles, Lussick & Brown are on good money (which usually means they'll get picked regardless of form). Trbojevic, Buhrer & Vave are playing well enough to have earned their spots. Starling & Lawrence are the option players, picked in part because of their experience.

Lawrence is now gone for a while which should give ADF another shot.

Not sure if he's definitely in the long term plans. Usually by the middle of the season, the coaching staff have worked out who they want to keep & who that don't. The ones that aren't are playing in the 2nd's.

Although, in tough times (like now) coaches will err on the side of picking experienced players. Myles, Lussick & Brown are on good money (which usually means they'll get picked regardless of form). Trbojevic, Buhrer & Vave are playing well enough to have earned their spots. Starling & Lawrence are the option players, picked in part because of their experience.

Lawrence is now gone for a while which should give ADF another shot.
Getting the ADF in could be a great idea! :)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6