Afew Various Thoughts on the game & players....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Gday fellow eagles fans,

Great win last night,which goes to show we are still a great team well coached by Toovey,would be funny if we snuck into the 8 and gave the comp a real shake.What will they be saying about Toovey then? It is pathetic that he is being outed on just few poor performances,anyway enough about that.If we are cleaning out the ranks then who do you guys think are must keeps/re-sign.I reckon Tommy T is a Must,a real star of the future,we must lock him in long term.Chee Cam Looked good-a star in the nyc-showed good pace-looks promising.Mateo is playing great ans been one of our best forwards over the last number of weeks.Lyon all class and had a blinder.Cherry played great and setup afew,snake what cn i sy he is probably the most vital player in the manly machine,such a vital cog and knows where to be and when to chime into the backline to score or create a try.Taufua i rate highly,i know he needs work under the high ball but is such a good strong running player-and a special mention to Tommy T not only his long range try but his kick return to sneak through offload to taufua and send foran in for that great try-what a great play from tom.

Anyway im feeling more positive now to know that we can knock off the top teams in the comp and do it withease and flog the pants off them-bring on the finals.

The excuses used by the Penn mob to removed Toovey are a smokescreen for the real reason that he was in their opinion aligned to the Quantum side of the previous management, I think beyond doubt Toovey is pro Manly rather than these factions which have done so much damage to our club.
The big difference now is the team it totally together again and young players like Tom and Jake Turbo have learnt very fast about what it takes to be in a winning culture after experiencing all the earlier division we saw earlier in the season.

Killer is crucial to Manly, when he plays we are so much more balanced and he is the cool head that we need.

I think we will see 5 weeks of real commitment now, whether it is enough to get us to the finals is another question but its nice to see the team so united again!

chrisos, please don't buy into the Penn's reasons that Tooves' sacking was about results. He has been shafted because he was on the Quantum side of the previous management, nothing more, nothing less. But the funny thing is that I don't think Tooves really gives a stuff about factions. He is there for Manly Warringah regardless who run the club.

The hard thing Tooves is going to have this week is his backline selection. Does he drop Hiku to keep Tommy in the team? Does he drop Tommy to keep Hiku? Will both of them play? Will Skivy be ok to play? Will Snake be ok?

I do think Tooves should drop Hasson and keep MCK in the team. MCK can play centres or back row. He definitely has pace and his tackle on Hodges soon after coming on was a pearler. The only thing Hasson did well last night was not drop that intercept he managed to grab. His runs continue to have little impact and not once did he bend the line when all of our other forwards were running through theirs.

^ Agree that Chee Kam should stay in the team, taking the Tommy Symonds "backrower who can play centre if we have to reshuffle the back line" position.

Winning is a habit ~ lets hope they can get that habit back or indeed ingrain it for the first time.

One thing that stood out like a pigs bum last night was that the team fielded last night was tooveys side! Sene lefao, Chee kam, Leary, horo, turbos. All Tooveys creation!

JSL needs to be in the 17.
His great attitude is infectious!

chrisos, please don't buy into the Penn's reasons that Tooves' sacking was about results. He has been shafted because he was on the Quantum side of the previous management, nothing more, nothing less. But the funny thing is that I don't think Tooves really gives a stuff about factions. He is there for Manly Warringah regardless who run the club.

The hard thing Tooves is going to have this week is his backline selection. Does he drop Hiku to keep Tommy in the team? Does he drop Tommy to keep Hiku? Will both of them play? Will Skivy be ok to play? Will Snake be ok?

I do think Tooves should drop Hasson and keep MCK in the team. MCK can play centres or back row. He definitely has pace and his tackle on Hodges soon after coming on was a pearler. The only thing Hasson did well last night was not drop that intercept he managed to grab. His runs continue to have little impact and not once did he bend the line when all of our other forwards were running through theirs.
But who do you bring in if Hasson drops out?Nobody due back from injury yet other than Matai and no way they'll have a back on the bench against Souths big pack

But who do you bring in if Hasson drops out?Nobody due back from injury yet other than Matai and no way they'll have a back on the bench against Souths big pack
My thoughts: keep Hasson on an extended bench, drop Hiku to the bench for Matai and leave Tom T on the wing. As far as I'm concerned Tom has to be in the run on side.

With a bench consisting of Starling, JSL, Chee Kam and Hiku we've got the flexibility that comes from having a spare back who can cover 1 through to 6 if required and whilst we are a little light in punch off the bench the blokes coming on are putting in well. Starling is improving, JSL is energetic and Chee Kam was a revelation last night: just popped up everywhere and can hit!

Chee Kam is a back rower who has been converted to being a centre this year. He can be on the bench as a utility who can play in the backs or forwards if needed. He's not just a back.

That alone, to me at least, makes MCK more valuable to our first grade team than Hasson is.

The unfortunate thing is that someone is going to miss out. We'll either see Tommy on the wing against Souffs with Hiku in NSW Cup or Hiku will be on the wing and Tommy back in the U/20's. That is of course unless Skivy is still ruled unfit or Snake's cork turns out to be worse than first thought.

Last edited:
My thoughts: keep Hasson on an extended bench, drop Hiku to the bench for Matai and leave Tom T on the wing. As far as I'm concerned Tom has to be in the run on side.

With a bench consisting of Starling, JSL, Chee Kam and Hiku we've got the flexibility that comes from having a spare back who can cover 1 through to 6 if required and whilst we are a little light in punch off the bench the blokes coming on are putting in well. Starling is improving, JSL is energetic and Chee Kam was a revelation last night: just popped up everywhere and can hit!
Chee Kam is the utility.Wasted having a back on the bench.Souths have a big pack so 4 forwards are needed.And with no NSW Cup played this w/end,no one had a chance to impress.Having a player on the bench for the just in case situation is a waste

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6