Alex McKinnon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
Hope he is OK. That looked sickening the way his neck buckled underneath himself. He almost looked like he tucked his head under intentionally to try and roll over in the tackle.

How ****ing ruthless is cam smith arguing about a penalty while the guy is motionless on the ground and then after he is stretchered off. the penalty is for lifting cammie, true he moved his head, but it still would've been a penalty if it was just his face that hit the ground first! Get a grip you merkin.

Both Brandy and Noddy say that he shouldn't get charged...Fark me, Ive heard it all

Guy could end up in a wheelchair and Smith wants to argue a penalty while Kingdog gets suspended for tackling someone. F***ing joke NRL.

There were 3 spear tacklers and only Bromwich and McLaen on report :huh:

The kiddie was moving his arms, but it was a sickening tackle.

Lets see the NRL sweep this under the purple carpet :mad:

Jeez this sounds horrible, I hope the guy is ok

joeboy said:
How ... ruthless is cam smith arguing about a penalty while the guy is motionless on the ground and then after he is stretchered off. the penalty is for lifting cammie, true he moved his head, but it still would've been a penalty if it was just his face that hit the ground first! Get a grip you merkin.

Oh yeh, then when he started to realize how bad it could be he almost seemed to go out of his way to show he was concerned......what a tool. And the commentators kept saying how concerned Cam was. Must be good to be perfect like Cameron Smith is.

Burgess gets one week for nearly taking a guys head off. Someone tell me this isn't rigged please.

If anyone gets any updates on the kid let me know

Smith saying it was McKinnon's own fault for tucking his head back in. No acknowledgement from Smith that if he wasn't illegally lifted in the first place then McKinnon doesn't have to make a choice at all.

Not just that one tackle either.

The Storm appear to have replaced the third man coming in low and pulling the tackle down (now illegal), with instead the third man coming in under the thighs and lifting him over.

I do hope the boy is ok, it was a sickening tackle and an even more sickening display of petulance from captain drizzle, seriously when are the pinkies gonna stand up to this guy, he virtually referees games now. He is unfit to be a leader in our game after what he said tonight when a fellow professional was in a precarious position.

Rack off Smith!

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/alex-mckinnon-stretchered-off-in-neck-brace-after-horror-landing-from-awkward-tackle/story-fni3gf5j-1226863635897

The penalties favoured Melbourne 15-7 !!
Of course, they favoured Melbourne, they should be called the Melbourne Possums, as they're a protected species.

It was pretty sickening watching it. He did contribute heavily to the way the tackle ended up but seeing him pointing to his mouth guard asking someone to take it out, so I presume he could breath properly was just about frightening to watch.

Masked Eagle said:
It was pretty sickening watching it. He did contribute heavily to the way the tackle ended up but seeing him pointing to his mouth guard asking someone to take it out, so I presume he could breath properly was just about frightening to watch.

Yep I didn't want to watch it, but stupid telegraph sites assume you want to auto play videos so it started rolling and I ended up watching it. Pretty distressing thing to watch and my personal opinion is that the media shouldn't be showing it.

Apparently was moving his arms when he left, but no word on the legs. Really hope he is ok

Just another reason why mums will not let their kids play footy. Within a generation there will not be the numbers of quality players to keep the game alive .

Hope Alex makes a full recovery in the near future

They certainly drove in that tackle, but the actual process of the tackle wasn't too bad to be honest, and although someone was injured and sadly so, it just seems like a tragic accident, there didn't appear to be any malice in it

The onus of duty of care is with the tackler. Doesn't matter what McKinnon/GI did, as they are vulnerable.

The chilling, somber words of the Fox sideline man, when asked about an update is enough to expect the worst. He said that the Knights will make a statement :(

Thoughts and prayers to the kiddie :angel:

2013 Spear tackle :
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/serial-offender-richie-faaoso-must-receive-a-hefty-penalty-to-send-a-message-on-spear-tackles/story-e6frext9-1226630694654

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6