[Resurrected] Alex McKinnon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Hey mate, brocken backs suck. Today, tomorrow and beyond. Be diligent with your flexibility and muscle work, if your not IT WILL LET YOU KNOW.
"lucky" for me mine was a lower lumbar break. 20 years on its the best its been since the break.
I have to take my hat off and respect the toughness of you blokes that have come back from a broken back . Back conditions do suck as they are paralyzing and the pain is excruciating . I never experienced the total severity of back pain with a broken back but I do have chronic arthritis pain of the lumber and cervical spine the result of bulging discs , disc degeneration ,canal stenosis and calcification
For most, once you have a back issue you have it for life . Great to hear that you are one of the lucky ones that your back is in good shape MF76
Strengthening core muscles to support our spine and maintaning flexebilty goes along way to help us do activities that we enjoy .

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thanks mate I appreciate it, ill hopefully be back on the golf course soon working on my handicap.. pardon the pun :) but seriously ive nearly made a full recovery so very lucky. If anyone can find it Matty Johns did an interview with Alex and it was extremely intriguing TV and heart warming stuff.

So you french fry'ed instead of pizza'd

lol

I only kid as you seem to be recovering fully, glad to hear!

My very last snowboard run this year I told myself to be careful (I'd just finished a race) and not to crash. So, obviously I did stack it. I was bouncing down the hill for so long I eventually yelled out "just ****ing stop already!" Mrs ge thought that bit was kinda funny.

Anyway, Alex is an impressive man from what I've seen of him in the media. If I remember our own swoop deals with 'the chair' every day as well. (Happy to remove that if it's wrong or privacy is requested).

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
On a serious note, it takes an emotional toll on the whole family especially your mrs... Id like to also give a huge shout out to Alex's mrs who stayed with him and helped him through it the entire time and Is still with him today, she had to sacrifice alot but she stayed loyal and committed so that has to be recognised aswell... Its the little things we all take for granted.

Mrs ge, amongst other things, is a ski racer. 120kph down an icy steep slope on two sticks of wood with razor sharp edges, no padding, and a helmet.

The sick feeling I get when she is racing and there is a course delay; then the ambulance helicopter flies overhead is...very difficult to convey actually. So well done to your wife, a trooper like yourself.

And agreed, Alex's wife is a champion.

Mrs ge, amongst other things, is a ski racer. 120kph down an icy steep slope on two sticks of wood with razor sharp edges, no padding, and a helmet.

The sick feeling I get when she is racing and there is a course delay; then the ambulance helicopter flies overhead is...very difficult to convey actually. So well done to your wife, a trooper like yourself.

And agreed, Alex's wife is a champion.
Thats crazy. I cringe now every time i see someone lifted or fall awkwardly. I can only imagine the feeling of watching your wife fly down like that.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thats crazy. I cringe now every time i see someone lifted or fall awkwardly. I can only imagine the feeling of watching your wife fly down like that.

Well; she says that I am a jinx, so I don't even get to watch! Just get to play chauffeur for the 8-12 hour drives to different ski mountains in snow and ice covered roads.

sheesh.. lol

*message will self delete in 15 hours*

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
I have to take my hat off and respect the toughness of you blokes that have come back from a broken back . Back conditions do suck as they are paralyzing and the pain is excruciating . I never experienced the total severity of back pain with a broken back but I do have chronic arthritis pain of the lumber and cervical spine the result of bulging discs , disc degeneration ,canal stenosis and calcification
For most, once you have a back issue you have it for life . Great to hear that you are one of the lucky ones that your back is in good shape MF76
Strengthening core muscles to support our spine and maintaning flexebilty goes along way to help us do activities that we enjoy .
That's true about being with you for life. I remember my gorgeous Mum who is now 75 years, having crippling back pain with slipped discs way back in her thirties and forties, still a young woman then, but with back trouble like an old lady. Now at least she matches her back trouble with being an old lady.:giggle: She wouldn't like being called an old lady but she doesn't read Silvertails.
Love my Mum.:h: She's a legend.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Get up Robbo! .. it's only a broken back .....thank goodness the days of a trainer in a stained singlet running on with a blood smeared sponge in a bucket are gone ....

Can only imagine what you and your family have had to get through ... well done and best wishes ....

A couple of years ago, as a surf lifesaver, I undertook the Spinal Injury first responder and Spinal Injury management Courses ..... it really is an area of err on the side of caution ... to add a degree of difficulty ... try doing it in a 3 foot surf ...

Anyway, love ya work mate ... and good luck playing the Scottish game ....

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
That's true about being with you for life. I remember my gorgeous Mum who is now 75 years, having crippling back pain with slipped discs way back in her thirties and forties, still a young woman then, but with back trouble like an old lady. Now at least she matches her back trouble with being an old lady.:giggle: She wouldn't like being called an old lady but she doesn't read Silvertails.
Love my Mum.:h: She's a legend.

Mums are gentle but very resilient
God bless your mum and all our beautiful Mums .
79421622-mom-with-two-babies-vector-white-background.jpg

Shoe1

Journey Man
Well; she says that I am a jinx, so I don't even get to watch! Just get to play chauffeur for the 8-12 hour drives to different ski mountains in snow and ice covered roads.

sheesh.. lol

BTW: If anyone wants to see a 'gentle' crash, click the link below.

https://i.imgur.com/p5D8Fst.mp4

Mrs ge not at her best

*message will self delete in 15 hours*
Is she upset that you are a snowboarder?

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is she upset that you are a snowboarder?

Not as much as you'd expect but she chips away a little each year:

"You should try skiing while we are at such and such a resort"

"This resort is having a try to ski day, only 30 bucks to rent all the ski gear plus etc etc"

"If I win these ski's in this raffle, you have to learn to ski on them"

And it goes on...and on.

I don't mind the idea of learning to ski, but when moving to Canada I had to learn to skate, then snowboard and everything hurts when you're 245 years old and keep falling over. So one drama at a time please! haha

manly al

First Grader
Good post Masta Truly inspirational examples regarding Alex [ and our own Robbo ] and rehabilitation progress . Wonderful T l C and commitment endevours from their respective partners as well , Hope that your recovery continues to go well Robbo and as for Alex and many others , even more worthwhile improvement in pertaining stem cell research hopefully . .

Shoe1

Journey Man
Not as much as you'd expect but she chips away a little each year:

"You should try skiing while we are at such and such a resort"

"This resort is having a try to ski day, only 30 bucks to rent all the ski gear plus etc etc"

"If I win these ski's in this raffle, you have to learn to ski on them"

And it goes on...and on.

I don't mind the idea of learning to ski, but when moving to Canada I had to learn to skate, then snowboard and everything hurts when you're 245 years old and keep falling over. So one drama at a time please! haha
I’m the opposite but I get it. Skied all my life, then tried snowboarding. Too humiliating to be a beginner again.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
How did my jealous of everyone at Brookie post end up in an Alex McKinnon thread? I haven't even posted in this thread. Seriously weird.
Or me losing the plot? Plausible.:p
Anyway, good thread @maxta
Lol, my fault, sometimes I quickly scroll a few threads and quote a few different posts, then go back and reply one at a time but I must have forgotten where your quote came from. (I probably thought you were jealous of everyone posting in this thread!!)

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18