All out first 20-30mins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
G'day all, well here it is.... Our season goes on the line tonight against the dogs. IMO I believe it's going to play out like last weekend, they are going to try and roll us straight down the middle..... To beat the dogs we need to do this well.
1- Compete tirelessly to match the dogs forwards, and give as good as we get until they start to tire, we must be relentless
2- Complete, our completion rate needs to be spot on...tonight we have no room for penalties and handling errors, no piggy back penalties out of there end
3- Kicking long to corners, DCE lately seems to be not getting away long kicks down field ( not sure if injured) but between him and foz short and long kicking has to be spot on....must turn these forward around regularly
4- Get set and kick early if we are coming out of our end getting smashed and going nowhere, no point getting flogged to get nowhere.
5- off loads, snake ,foz and DCE working off the back of these will have the massive dogs pack going backwards , JSL and Lawrence have good off loads

If we can go with the dogs for the first quarter of this match , we are in with a huge chance.
Fingers crossed fellow sea eagle fans, strap yourself in.

If we are less than 12 points down at half time it's hours. Nevertheless I believe you will see a different Manly tonight to the past 6 weeks.
Lets go Manly.

Must be within reach with 15 to go. We can come home over the top of them.

We're not going out meekly tonight. That isn't what this club is about and it isn't going to start now. We are fighters, scrappers, mongrels fighting for it till the end. Forget those who may or may not want to be here beyond this year they don't matter. What matters is 13 Manly Sea Eagles on the field tonight giving their all for their mates, their club and emblem. The fans will be there to support them no matter. We are Manly, we are winners, we don't accept mediocrity and these guys won't give it tonight. It's all on the line, backs to the wall and this is where we come out with our best. Forwards do your work, hold your own and our backs will sht all over these dogscum pretenders.

@mickqld

Bugger me Mick you are full of positivity tonight, far from your usual self, you on the goo goo juice or something ( I think you drink that Bourbon stuff don't you??)

Mark from Brisbane said:
@mickqld

Bugger me Mick you are full of positivity tonight, far from your usual self, you on the goo goo juice or something ( I think you drink that Bourbon stuff don't you??)

Nah mate just cracked my first beer and sitting down to watch the Holden cup. Too many people getting too carried away (myself included at times) with all the media sht. I'm over it for now. I just want to sit down and watch the Manly Sea Eagles in an elimination final giving 100% like I've done since 1973. Win or lose I just want to see committment to the colours, the jumper, the emblem and us fans.

Dogs will try to get the jump on Manly tonight and blow us away. The referees try to get the semi finals going at the start ridiculously fast. Any dropped ball in a tackle or a player pretending to be held down is a penalty. It has led to big blow outs in the first 30 minutes of 4 out of 5 finals this year so far. The only that didn't had the lowest ranked referees and ended up being an 80 minute contest Rorters and Panthers.

mickqld said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
@mickqld

Nah mate just cracked my first beer and sitting down to watch the Holden cup. Too many people getting too carried away (myself included at times) with all the media sht. I'm over it for now. I just want to sit down and watch the Manly Sea Eagles in an elimination final giving 100% like I've done since 1973. Win or lose I just want to see committment to the colours, the jumper, the emblem and us fans.

Amen brother!!

Brissie Kid said:
Dogs will try to get the jump on Manly tonight and blow us away. The referees try to get the semi finals going at the start ridiculously fast. Any dropped ball in a tackle or a player pretending to be held down is a penalty. It has led to big blow outs in the first 30 minutes of 4 out of 5 finals this year so far. The only that didn't had the lowest ranked referees and ended up being an 80 minute contest Rorters and Panthers.

That's very true and illustrates again how much influence these refs are having over games. It's just hideous and annoys the crap out of me what the NRL have done to the game with these sort of outcomes all the time.

Mark from Brisbane said:
mickqld said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
@mickqld

Amen brother!!

I've actually felt all week that with Choc out the youngsters will now step up instead of sitting back and waiting for Choc to take the point.

mickqld said:
That's very true and illustrates again how much influence these refs are having over games. It's just hideous and annoys the crap out of me what the NRL have done to the game with these sort of outcomes all the time.

So right. Go look at Souths first set last week. Two tackles into the set 30m from their own line and that Reynolds cat got tackled then stood up to play the ball, lurched into the marker and dropped straight to the ground. Hayne gives him a penalty. Souths go on the attack and manly don't get the ball anywhere near Souths line again until its 40-0. That's not Manly's players not putting effort in. It is fatigue from not having the ball.

Want to see Manly kick off deep. Dogs work out an average set and kick to our 20m. We work a couple of tackles to half way. Jag a penalty, we get 6 in their 20 zone and score an early converted try. Get them under pressure and playing out of their own 20 zone early. Momentum is everything in this game. We must get it.

Be a real smack in the face to Choc if we can win this one without him.

The future is staring us in the face tonight, no Choc, no Gift, no Ballin so come on boys show us what you can do.

Mark from Brisbane said:

The future is staring us in the face tonight, no Choc, no Gift, no Ballin so come on boys show us what you can do.

It's the moment for these young forwards to take the game head on now. There's no experienced player out there to lead them for the full 80 only King for half a game. These guys have to grab this opportunity and make their careers from this. It's their time to shine.
Lawrence, Starling, Horo, Symonds, Lui, JSL, Hasson. If they want to stamp themselves as NRL stars then this is their moment to grab it.

mickqld said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

It's the moment for these young forwards to take the game head on now. There's no experienced player out there to lead them for the full 80 only King for half a game. These guys have to grab this opportunity and make their careers from this. It's their time to shine.
Lawrence, Starling, Horo, Symonds, Lui, JSL, Hasson. If they want to stamp themselves as NRL stars then this is their moment to grab it.

JSL, Lui, Starling, T-Red, Horo, Lawrence, Hasson, Hodges etc all have to have the attitude that tonight is the night they stamp themselves in Sea Eagles History. Tonight is the night we heralded in a new era where a forward pack of relative no-names, with no chance of winning, turned around and stuck it to the Monster Pack....giving our backs the opportunity for points.

I think with Watmough out JSL needs to really stamp himself on tonights game. I really like what I've seen from him, but not enough. He has to continue hurting at the defensive lines, and get some 2nd phase play with that offload.

The Dogs fans I have spoken to are very very very worried about tonight. Very concerned that the Dogs turn up with their minds on week 3 and they don't like being favourites. If after 20mins the score is in the balance or we are up 6 or 12 nil, the Dogs to me could really panic.

Score: Manly 20-10.
First Try Scorer: Cheyse Blair (if he's starting), if not Skivvi
Man of Match: DCE.

Toovs is going to have to coach tonight. Can't rely on stars can't rely on old school forwards. He is going have to get the young guys in the zone and out coach ha$ler.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4