All teams with lots of recruits lost

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

seaeagledave

Reserve Grader
It's not just us. Warriors, Eels and Roosters lost too. It seems that having so many new recruits isn't just an excuse.

It's not just us. Warriors, Eels and Roosters lost too. It seems that having so many new recruits isn't just an excuse.
It is an excuse you see all theses teams none of their recruits played well did they, in fact no recruits played for there teams, Jennings was quite, RTS and luke were quiet, our recruits were quiet, nikorima was quite it's going to the time for all the recruits to gel with there teams even Roberts did nothing it's just how it goes

I can buy needing time to gel in some aspects of the game. A sweeping back line movement or a nifty inside ball, short chip or things like that, but that's not what I'm disappointed about.
I was disappointed about the lack of direction from our forwards and our lack of aggression in defence.

8 dropped balls has nothing to do with combinations and all to do with panic play :mad:

Not diving on 4 loose balls has nothing to do combinations and all to do with dumb play :mad:

Ball security has to be one of the first things these players were taught in Under 6s :banghead:

They have 10 days to go back to basics and start again :)

Last edited:
8 dropped balls has nothing to do with combinations and all to do with panic play :mad:

Not diving on 4 loose balls has nothing to do combinations and all to fo with dumb play :mad:

Ball security has to be one of the first things these players were taught in Under 6s :banghead:

They have 10 days to go back to basics and start again :)
They were definitely pressing and forcing it. Obviously they wanted to put on a good show and that went to rot with the dropped balls 5 metres out.

At least the other games showed that our effort wasn't an anomaly. Just need together back to basics. Follow Souths plan. Straight and hard and batter teams. We have size, utilise it.

Souths is actually a good one to go off. Had the hard, straight running big guys, but Carter had a good game too and he is much smaller, so you can mix it up you just need to not get away from bashing it up.

I think Manly may have believed the positive hype surrounding the team. Basically we're not used to this at all. Everyone was feeling happy and chill after a relaxed off season. Tensions seem to have dissipated. A big opening game at the Fortress. Good times.
Trouble is they were an optimistic team unprepared for a ruthless, hungry team.
Manly doesn't operate like this and never has. We need to be under the pump with fire in the belly.
I hope Barrett feels the pressure of the loss, even hears about the calls to bring back Tooves. Not because I'm calling for his head but because I want him to work this team hard. Ignite the fire in these Manly men.
Players, enough of the jolly, happy times and do your jobs.
Then we'll start winning.

Far too intense Niccipops, we need to remain chilled and not care about results, ask the players - it is much better that way

New recruits or not we have the biggest problem with the player thats been there before ...Will he or wont he ??...........do ANYTHING right ....cant win with him on the field , he shouldn't even run the water .
We had no passion at all and lacked any leadership , time to earn there money from the guys that have been around for a long time , i hope we can do better this weekend or we will be embarrassed.@:(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6