Allgood had to hit or be hit: Maitua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Reni Maitua doesn't condone the actions of Mitchell All good - but believes his Parramatta teammate's attack on Steve Matai was a case of "hit or be hit".

http://www.nrl.com/allgood-had-to-hit-or-be-hit-maitua/tabid/10874/newsid/73374/default.aspx

Did anything suggest Matai was going to hit him? Or is it a perception out there that Matai starts fights?

I think the article and even Maituas words reflect the fear that others have of Stevie. I don't believe he is saying Stevie was going to belt him, more that Allgood was ****ting himself when he saw our enforcer was taking exception to the cheap shots.

Gallen on the other hand just diminished the respect I have for him

Gallen - whose retribution-fuelled punch to the head of Nate Myles in the Origin opener was the catalyst for the fighting crackdown - backed Allgood's pre-emptive strike.

"Steve Matai's a bit of a firecracker, as we know," Gallen said.

"You've got Steve Matai coming toward you with his eyes rolling - you might have to protect yourself.

"I can see him thinking Steve Matai was coming to fight him and he got him first - if you're going to have a fight, you may as well get in first."

http://www.nrl.com/allgood-had-to-hit-or...fault.aspx

He defends Allgood!!!

Gallen spent a couple of years resuscitating a terrible reputation but in the space of a few weeks he's losing all credibility.

I assume Allgood also thought he'd better bash Buhrer while he was held by two players because he had a premonition Jamie was about to king hit him when he got up.

voicefromthehill said:
I think the article and even Maituas words reflect the fear that others have of Stevie. I don't believe he is saying Stevie was going to belt him, more that Allgood was ****ting himself when he saw our enforcer was taking exception to the cheap shots.

Gallen on the other hand just diminished the respect I have for him

agree !!! gallen is a muppet....

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
While I don't claim to be much of an expert in the fight game, when a fellow is walking towards you with his arms by his sides it is a bit a stretch to say he is about to unload.

Rubbish I had this argument with another muppet thia morning on facebook.

Whether he thought matai was going to hit hin or not is irrelevant. Fact is matai does not have a history of doing that and two wrongs dont make a right. The evidence is that matai did not throw a punch and this was not intending to

If Matai was to punch anyone he'd be labelled a thug and rubbed out for about 4 weeks, yet when Matai gets hit the perpetrator gets a slap on the wrist and even the media defend the offender. ****ing joke.

I agree with Dan.

Matai didn't even put an arm out to push him.

Lost respect for Gallen after those comments.

• 👍
I agree with Matua, Matai was not coming at him to shake his hand ffs. It was always going to end up as a blue when he ran so far. I don't blame Allgood for belting him, he thought I might as well get in first. I just would have run away seeing Stevie come at me. Lol.

I think Ricky Stuart questioning what Matai was doing near Allgood was priceless. Hasn't he said numerous times in the past that he would expect a player to back up a teammate who was the victim of foul play. Does he think at all when he speaks?

Someones going to get seriously hurt if they can't defend themselves as the current rule change forbids, the rule need to be less black and white and more judged on the actual incident. All**** deserves 2 weeks for the originl swinging arm alone, **** cat move just as Gallens was proceeding him hitting miles.

• 👍
The defense that Allgood is raising is on the level of of Parra's :mad:

All of the coverage today clearly highlights the bias against Matai :mad:

Reports that Matai was running at him, are on
par with The Hand of Foz :mad:

dowdz said:
I agree with Dan.

Matai didn't even put an arm out to push him.

Lost respect for Gallen after those comments.
Lol at Gallen. He's scared of Matai too. Go you good thing Stevie.
The ref's were ridiculous. The tool should have been sent straight off.

At the ground last night we couldn't believe he wasn't sent. Have just watched the replay unbelievable decision. The badger is probably my favourite ref as he is always respectful to the players however he stuffed up as did the match review committee. Min 5 weeks 4 me

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4